A Christmas without snow, or power.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes ELK12695's post
30-11-2014, 08:46 AM
RE: What are your holiday fears?
While I enjoy many of the traditional carols, I dread having to listen to the myriad of badly sung carols as I shop for cottage cheese or socks. Or the "new" carols, most of which are poorly written, maudlin, and/or un-melodic.

My zero-personality sister in law used to paste "Jesus is the reason for the season" stickers all over the gifts. I found life was infinitely better without her or her stickers. Problem solved.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 1 user Likes Thinkerbelle's post
30-11-2014, 08:54 AM
(30-11-2014 08:46 AM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  ... as I shop for cottage cheese or socks.

I missed the 'or' when I first read that and couldn't image why anybody would want "cottage cheese socks".

Quote:My zero-personality sister in law used to paste "Jesus is the reason for the season" stickers all over the gifts. I found life was infinitely better without her or her stickers. Problem solved.

[Image: reason_for_the_season_tshirt-rfa58163109...gy_324.jpg]

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
30-11-2014, 09:09 AM
I wouldn't call it a fear but I struggle every year to get my wife something nice. Beyond that Christmas is more her thing than mine. I just go with it.
30-11-2014, 09:10 AM
I'm afraid my brother will hurt himself.

I worry that some of my family won't be able to make it to dinner, and I won't see them again for months or longer.

I worry that my mom will spend entirely too much money, even though the company she worked for just died, and she hasn't found a new job yet.
30-11-2014, 09:17 AM
(30-11-2014 08:41 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  A Christmas without snow, or power.

A Christmas without power would be great. One of my favourite things has always been a power outage during winter. I don't know about anywhere else but in Newfoundland when I was a kid a power outage was simply a reason for everyone to get together and party. I'm not sure if it's like it these days though. Last year there were power outages in the provence and all I heard was whining and crying.
But I come from a pretty small town. Perhaps you're a city slicker? If so I suppose a power outage would suck.
30-11-2014, 09:49 AM
My holiday fears? That someone will notice how I don't close my eyes during the prayer (though I do bow my head, don't want a possible confrontation), or hell forbid ask me to lead the prayer. Other than that, my holiday fears usually rotate around food. Blush Laugh out load

30-11-2014, 10:39 AM
I look forward to "Winter Break" as my husband is a high school teacher and we take the time to do things together. He finally gets to rest and relax for a couple of weeks. Teaching is so stressful in the US.

He's very hard to buy presents for though. I'm thinking of getting him a stick of gum! Last year I got him some expensive Ecco shoes and he was like...meh! Geeze, stick of gum it is then.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
30-11-2014, 12:31 PM
(30-11-2014 09:17 AM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  
(30-11-2014 08:41 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  A Christmas without snow, or power.

A Christmas without power would be great. One of my favourite things has always been a power outage during winter. I don't know about anywhere else but in Newfoundland when I was a kid a power outage was simply a reason for everyone to get together and party. I'm not sure if it's like it these days though. Last year there were power outages in the provence and all I heard was whining and crying.
But I come from a pretty small town. Perhaps you're a city slicker? If so I suppose a power outage would suck.

I'm not a city slicker, but a Christmas in Norway is more boring than you can imagine, atleast for my family. That means no jokes around the TV, no food, no christmas specials, and no way for me or others to try out new presents. It almost happened last year.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
30-11-2014, 12:37 PM
Edit:wrong thread

'Murican Canadian