What are your honest thoughts about Veganism?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-03-2016, 07:10 PM
RE: What are your honest thoughts about Veganism?
Hells bells. I don't care what other people eat. If someone wants to eat rocks they're welcome to it. Hahaha....and that reminds me of this......

[Image: tumblr_mjb0lh57fy1rdzuduo1_1280.jpg]

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
09-03-2016, 07:13 PM
(07-03-2016 06:41 PM)xastrogasmx Wrote:  I was vegetarian for a pretty long time but then I stopped because I realized I didn't really have a good balanced diet and I didn't know where to start. I've always been very interested in veganism, I have friends who have been vegan for years and they love and say they would never go back. I've also heard that if you do it right, it can help with a healthy lifestyle and losing weight. What are your opinions on veganism? And if you are vegan, how has it been for you so far? Any draw backs?
Well if you were to go all the way to being a vegan that is a less healthy stance than vegetarianism. f you were not healthy as a vegetarian you will be less healthy as a vegan. By definition. Peolpe evolved eating meat. It is not natural for humans to not eat meat.
09-03-2016, 07:17 PM
(09-03-2016 07:13 PM)DerFish Wrote:  
(07-03-2016 06:41 PM)xastrogasmx Wrote:  I was vegetarian for a pretty long time but then I stopped because I realized I didn't really have a good balanced diet and I didn't know where to start. I've always been very interested in veganism, I have friends who have been vegan for years and they love and say they would never go back. I've also heard that if you do it right, it can help with a healthy lifestyle and losing weight. What are your opinions on veganism? And if you are vegan, how has it been for you so far? Any draw backs?
Well if you were to go all the way to being a vegan that is a less healthy stance than vegetarianism. f you were not healthy as a vegetarian you will be less healthy as a vegan. By definition. Peolpe evolved eating meat. It is not natural for humans to not eat meat.

That's not necessarily true. It could be that she was eating an unhealthy, unbalanced diet as a vegetarian. Plenty of meat eaters also eat unhealthy, unbalanced diets as well. If she want to be vegan and goes to a nutritionist, she can be quite healthy. That's what I did as a vegan and I am extremely healthy.
09-03-2016, 07:18 PM
I was told in the hospital veganism is unhealthy. It does not provide enough nutrients apparently.

That's all I know.

I also consider it a class thing. Imagine being a German vegan in Berlin in 1944. Big Grin

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
09-03-2016, 07:20 PM
(09-03-2016 07:18 PM)Banjo Wrote:  I was told in the hospital veganism is unhealthy. It does not provide enough nutrients apparently.

That's all I know.

I also consider it a class thing. Imagine being a German vegan in Berlin in 1944. Big Grin

I think everyone has opinions on it--including doctors. But don;t forget not all doctors are nutritionists or have degrees in nutrition, My friend's doctor told him to go on a vegan diet due to his health. In California, there are many vegans--including medical professionals.
09-03-2016, 07:21 PM
(09-03-2016 07:17 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(09-03-2016 07:13 PM)DerFish Wrote:  Well if you were to go all the way to being a vegan that is a less healthy stance than vegetarianism. f you were not healthy as a vegetarian you will be less healthy as a vegan. By definition. Peolpe evolved eating meat. It is not natural for humans to not eat meat.

That's not necessarily true. It could be that she was eating an unhealthy, unbalanced diet as a vegetarian. Plenty of meat eaters also eat unhealthy, unbalanced diets as well. If she want to be vegan and goes to a nutritionist, she can be quite healthy. That's what I did as a vegan and I am extremely healthy.

MY sister died of colon cancer. She had been a vegetarian from the age of 17 and was sixty-five when she died. The doctor that sliced and diced her told her that her problems were from a very unbalanced diet.
09-03-2016, 07:22 PM
(09-03-2016 07:21 PM)DerFish Wrote:  
(09-03-2016 07:17 PM)jennybee Wrote:  That's not necessarily true. It could be that she was eating an unhealthy, unbalanced diet as a vegetarian. Plenty of meat eaters also eat unhealthy, unbalanced diets as well. If she want to be vegan and goes to a nutritionist, she can be quite healthy. That's what I did as a vegan and I am extremely healthy.

MY sister died of colon cancer. She had been a vegetarian from the age of 17 and was sixty-five when she died. The doctor that sliced and diced her told her that her problems were from a very unbalanced diet.

But she could have been eating an unbalanced diet as a meat eater. I have never heard of someone getting cancer solely from being a vegan or vegetarian. Do you have any studies to provide?
09-03-2016, 07:27 PM
(09-03-2016 07:20 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(09-03-2016 07:18 PM)Banjo Wrote:  I was told in the hospital veganism is unhealthy. It does not provide enough nutrients apparently.

That's all I know.

I think everyone has opinions on it--including doctors. But don;t forget not all doctors are nutritionists or have degrees in nutrition, My friend's doctor told him to go on a vegan diet due to his health. In California, there are many vegans--including medical professionals.

There are more than 20 nutritionists working in the hospital and I was informed by a nutritionist.

Diet is very important in my condition but she was speaking in a larger context.

Imagine being a vegan in Ethiopia during the famine. It's a class thing. "Ew I am wealthy enough to be a vegan" type of deal.

You'll eat anything when starving.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
09-03-2016, 07:28 PM
There is no arbitrary dietary differentiation between eating meat and not eating meat. If you are getting everything you need and not too much of what you don't need, your diet is balanced. There are a select few things that vegans are statistically more likely to be deficient in. If these things are addressed, there isn't a problem.

And as for how we evolved, there have historically been groups of people surviving off diets ranging from almost all meat (such as the Inuit) and those who rarely had access to it. In modern times, unusually long lifespans have been noted in both meat heavy diets (traditional Icelandic) and low or no meat diets (7th Adventists, yeah they're nuts but that's a different conversation). We are omnivorous not because we absolutely must have both meat and non meat foods, but because we are capable of successfully subsisting off either and thriving.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
09-03-2016, 07:30 PM
(09-03-2016 07:27 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(09-03-2016 07:20 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I think everyone has opinions on it--including doctors. But don;t forget not all doctors are nutritionists or have degrees in nutrition, My friend's doctor told him to go on a vegan diet due to his health. In California, there are many vegans--including medical professionals.

There are more than 20 nutritionists working in the hospital and I was informed by a nutritionist.

Diet is very important in my condition but she was speaking in a larger context.

Imagine being a vegan in Ethiopia during the famine. It's a class thing. "Ew I am wealthy enough to be a vegan" type of deal.

You'll eat anything when starving.

Quite true, but that in and of itself doesn't necessarily make it irrational. There are a lot of first world choices we must make to keep ourselves sane. The problems we face are different Smile

'Murican Canadian