What are your honest thoughts about Veganism?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-03-2016, 10:09 AM
RE: What are your honest thoughts about Veganism?
We also call them bluebottles. But these are not to be confused by the sea creature.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-03-2016, 10:17 AM (This post was last modified: 17-03-2016 10:48 AM by adey67.)
(17-03-2016 10:01 AM)Fishbowl Wrote:  
(17-03-2016 09:57 AM)Mr. Boston Wrote:  I think vegans make some good points about the ethics involved in raising animals for food. But the way we grow crops for food ain't much better for the planet and the environment either. Nobody's saving the world by not eating bacon, don't fool yourselves. In terms of inter-species advocacy I'm a lot more concerned about the fate and welfare of the honey bee than I am the cow or chicken.

Good point.

It certainly is a good point, without the honey bee human agriculture would be majorly fucked. I'm just not sold on the peta article being accurate and talking in terms of bee rape is just sensationalistic and doesn't help their credibility as an organization Imo which is a shame because I gather they do some really good work in terms of looking out for animal welfare. I have some experience of bee keeping and I don't know any bee keeper reputable or otherwise who would euthanize a hive of healthy bees in order to save the price of the few bags of sugar it takes to feed them in the winter months.
21-04-2016, 03:28 AM
Personally, I have no problem with people being vegan. Each to their own I guess.
As with anything else in life, moderation and keeping to the "rules" are important.
Wife and I have "vegan" days where we do not eat meat - we are healthy and it feels as thought the balance is right.

What I detest is "vegan soldiers"! Why they feel they have to go all taliban on you for the meat you have in you shopping basket is beyond me. Like someone else said above, the world is not going to be saved by not eating bacon - COME ON! Big Grin

Spoon feeding in the long run, teaches nothing but the shape of the spoon! E.M. Forster
21-04-2016, 03:57 AM
(17-03-2016 10:17 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(17-03-2016 10:01 AM)Fishbowl Wrote:  Good point.

It certainly is a good point, without the honey bee human agriculture would be majorly fucked. I'm just not sold on the peta article being accurate and talking in terms of bee rape is just sensationalistic and doesn't help their credibility as an organization Imo which is a shame because I gather they do some really good work in terms of looking out for animal welfare. I have some experience of bee keeping and I don't know any bee keeper reputable or otherwise who would euthanize a hive of healthy bees in order to save the price of the few bags of sugar it takes to feed them in the winter months.

Humane Society, yes.

PETA, no.

PETA are sensationalist, attention whoring hypocrites; led by a fanatic who has gone on record supporting convicted fire-bombers.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
21-04-2016, 04:39 AM
(21-04-2016 03:57 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(17-03-2016 10:17 AM)adey67 Wrote:  It certainly is a good point, without the honey bee human agriculture would be majorly fucked. I'm just not sold on the peta article being accurate and talking in terms of bee rape is just sensationalistic and doesn't help their credibility as an organization Imo which is a shame because I gather they do some really good work in terms of looking out for animal welfare. I have some experience of bee keeping and I don't know any bee keeper reputable or otherwise who would euthanize a hive of healthy bees in order to save the price of the few bags of sugar it takes to feed them in the winter months.

Humane Society, yes.

PETA, no.

PETA are sensationalist, attention whoring hypocrites; led by a fanatic who has gone on record supporting convicted fire-bombers.
Thanks for the heads up EK I think I may have been confusing the two. Fire bombing that's some heavy shit right there.
21-04-2016, 04:46 AM
Every doctor I have asked about veganism has stated it is a bad health decision.

All the naturopaths love it.

Hmmm, who has kept me alive these past two years? Doctors.

I have been TOLD to eat red meat.

Seneca was a vegetarian. Look where it got him! Big Grin

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
21-04-2016, 04:51 AM
(21-04-2016 04:46 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Every doctor I have asked about veganism has stated it is a bad health decision.

All the naturopaths love it.

Hmmm, who has kept me alive these past two years? Doctors.

I have been TOLD to eat red meat.

Seneca was a vegetarian. Look where it got him! Big Grin

We just need to figure out how to artificially reproduce a synthetic meat in a more energy efficient way then feeding grass to cows, and we're fucking set. People who want meat can eat it, it's better for the environment, and it doesn't require animals to be killed. Win-win-win.

Get on it science! Fuck the hover-board, I want a Star Trek food replicator stat!

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 5 users Like EvolutionKills's post