What are your long-term projects?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-07-2016, 06:55 PM
RE: What are your long-term projects?
Trying to figure out how I can be my own boss and make money as an artist so I can quit this soul crushing IT job I currently have before I quit...or get fired. Angel

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-07-2016, 06:56 PM
(28-07-2016 04:44 PM)Marozz Wrote:  To retire comfortably before I'm 60.

I did at 40....

But it ain't that comfortable...

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
28-07-2016, 06:56 PM
(28-07-2016 01:48 PM)Marozz Wrote:  
(28-07-2016 01:39 PM)f stop Wrote:  
  • Figure out how to make money betting on horse races.
  • Write a book. Got three in mind :
    • A novel about an atheist.
    • Non-fiction book about religion v. science.
    • A book on how to make money betting on horse races.

If you figure out on how to make money betting on the horses let me know. I've been trying for years. The only time I get a decent win is when I'm on the brink of quitting. Tongue

Chapter One: Always be on the brink of quitting.

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes SitaSky's post
28-07-2016, 07:05 PM
(28-07-2016 12:44 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  At the moment there are a lot of pieces for piano that I'm trying to learn, and I also want to learn jazz improvisation. I'm thinking of working on writing too.

Solve death.
[+] 3 users Like Aliza's post
28-07-2016, 07:32 PM (This post was last modified: 28-07-2016 07:48 PM by Shai Hulud.)
(28-07-2016 07:05 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(28-07-2016 12:44 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  At the moment there are a lot of pieces for piano that I'm trying to learn, and I also want to learn jazz improvisation. I'm thinking of working on writing too.

Solve death.
I should probably feel obligated, as a Catholic to post a link to YouTube here to fellow Catholic Matt Maher's song "Christ is Risen" due to the lyrics "Christ is risen from the dead; Trampling over death by death; Come awake, come awake! Come and rise up from the grave!" But I'm more of an Audrey Assad fan, who started as his backup singer; less pop, more substance.

That said, if GN could solve death, that would be awesome. I'm in no hurry to die.

---

As for the OP, in no particular order:
  • Tenure
  • Retirement Savings
  • Continue to lose weight until I reach a healthy weight. I'm down 54 pounds from my maximum and still morbidly obese.
  • Publish several more articles; one should be out by the end of next month for peer review, so that's a small step...
  • I'm working on a nonfiction book I'd like to try to get published before I go up for tenure.
  • Attend a conference for the Freedom From Religion Foundation; as a member (broke down and did it the other night) it would be nice to try and go. They're having one near here in 2017, so maybe then if I'm still in Cheeseland.
  • Find someone; it would be nice to be loved and love someone.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
28-07-2016, 07:37 PM
(28-07-2016 02:07 PM)f stop Wrote:  
(28-07-2016 01:48 PM)Marozz Wrote:  If you figure out on how to make money betting on the horses let me know. I've been trying for years. The only time I get a decent win is when I'm on the brink of quitting. Tongue
The way to make money betting on horse races is to write a book on how to make money betting on horse races.

Or you could write this book:

How to Make A Small Fortune Betting on Horse Races

Start with a Large Fortune

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
28-07-2016, 07:38 PM
Still have a few details to the house remodel to sort out this winter.
Build a "methods and materials" trailer for the beetle, so I can leave it out in the weather for a few years before:
Building a travel trailer for our retirement. I won't start that until the test unit proves out.
Keep working and saving for a few more years before retirement.
28-07-2016, 07:44 PM
(28-07-2016 07:37 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(28-07-2016 02:07 PM)f stop Wrote:  The way to make money betting on horse races is to write a book on how to make money betting on horse races.

Or you could write this book:

How to Make A Small Fortune Betting on Horse Races

Start with a Large Fortune

If you're bright enough to work out how to make money on horses, (and it can be done), you're also bright enough to figure out easier, less time-consuming, ways to do it ... ie options, commodities and currencies.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
28-07-2016, 07:58 PM
Hmm, idk. To stay alive? Though at any point that could become a short term goal.

Why must I be Ladd? via da Tapatalk

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
28-07-2016, 08:00 PM
(28-07-2016 07:05 PM)Aliza Wrote:  

Solve death.

But you can get rid of the fear of death too! Then death is no longer a problem. Big Grin

[+] 3 users Like GenesisNemesis's post