What are your plans for Christmas?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-12-2015, 06:18 PM
What are your plans for Christmas?
I figured since we have a thread about people's plans for New Year's Eve, we might as well also have one for people's plans for Christmas.

I'll start! One of my older brothers, who I haven't seen in over half a year, is going to visit me in the Czech Republic on Christmas and stay at my place for a few days.

The first order of business is to go to the opera together (The Barber of Seville). It's going to be our first ever visit to the opera and I'm really looking forward to experiencing something completely new and unique. Smile

The second order of business is to do a Bang Bang.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Vosur's post
10-12-2015, 06:30 PM
RE: What are your plans for Christmas?
That makes me want indian food Wink Since I'm not going home this holiday, I'm having friends over and attempting to cook for them like I did on Thanksgiving and then maybe get some hot cocoa and take a walk around the neighborhood and look at all the Christmas lights to burn off some holiday dinner.
10-12-2015, 06:52 PM
Low key: open presents, maybe go to a movie or take a little drive and walk in a park if the weather stays as warm as this week. Smile

The next day we'll travel to see ultra-religious family and get to hear several days' worth of nonstop blather about the fucking reason for the season. Sad
10-12-2015, 07:06 PM
I'm going to Montreal to see my sister, nephews, nieces, great nephews, and great nieces.

And roast beef, Yorkshire pudding, roast potatoes, gravy, some veggie or another. Drooling

And pies.

And Christmas cookies.

My sister is an excellent cook, but I have to make the requisite shortbread cookies - she had never got the hang of them.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
10-12-2015, 07:10 PM
Not much. Just hangin out. Drinking Beverage

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
10-12-2015, 07:18 PM
Gonna go down to the beach and watch all the little brown babes strut around. Anything else match that?
10-12-2015, 07:19 PM
Maybe I'll finally get my laundry done, and my kitchen pantry organized. It's a good time to sift out expired cans and dry goods. I also have a ton of clothes that need to be sorted for charity.

.... Or maybe I'll do what I do every year and sit on the sofa and watch TV all day while I fume that the grocery stores are all closed.
[+] 2 users Like Aliza's post
10-12-2015, 07:29 PM
I plan to cook a ham and side dishes on Christmas Eve. My daughter, son-in-law, his mother, and granddaughter will come over as well as my son, his girlfriend, and her daughter. We will eat supper and open gifts.

We usually go to my daughter's house to watch The Bail open her gifts on Christmas morning and stay around for brunch. Haven't quite worked out if we will go by my son's house or not.

I then plan to enjoy a much needed, long weekend of watching movies, taking naps, and doing little that is productive. Then it's work on Monday...two days off, work on Thursday, then another long weekend. Big Grin

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
11-12-2015, 01:46 AM
Kids are coming. I usually cook duck a l'orange for Thanksgiving and/or Christmas. However, I have been too sick and crippled to stand for the three hours necessary to make my outstanding orange sauce. This year, although he doesn't know it yet, the male heir is going to make it under my supervision. I expect my grandson will want to help and he can do that. I intend to supervise and to taste everything as the meal progresses. We will cook two ducks.

DerFish, I sometimes envy you living in the D.R. It's one of my favorite places [we usually go to Punta Cana]. However, this year I want to ski with my son and grandson. Crippled or not, I can still mash moguls with the best of them and my wife can ski circles around all of us.
11-12-2015, 02:55 AM
25th... Last day of work.

26th... Leaving on a jet plane... Stop-over in Beijing for a night.

28th... Home.

I'm worried that Santa won't be able to find me.

Weeping

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post