What are your thoughts and opinions on the idea of 'karma'?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-12-2015, 10:02 AM
RE: What are your thoughts and opinions on the idea of 'karma'?
(17-12-2015 08:53 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(17-12-2015 08:29 PM)Chas Wrote:  Not this? Consider

I always liked him. Beautiful voice and more guts than most people.

He is rather attractive. In an earmuffs sorta way.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
20-12-2015, 05:37 PM
(20-12-2015 08:21 AM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  Karma is not real. What's strange is I know a couple atheists personally that believe in karma 100%. They deny the existence of God on lack of physical evidence but except 'feels' when it comes to karma.

Of course, they're not True Atheists™. No

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
20-12-2015, 06:18 PM
(14-12-2015 06:16 AM)julep Wrote:  There is no such thing as karma.

However, it is true that people will remember and react to how you have acted in the past, especially the very bad and very good stuff.

Fits right in with the third eye and Chakras and auras!
[+] 1 user Likes DerFish's post
20-12-2015, 07:00 PM
Karma=woo.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
25-12-2015, 03:50 PM
If there were such a thing as karma, I should be in for something good.

My daughter's mother-in-law got locked out of the house. Daughter and son-in-law are at his father's house in Plano. Daughter called to ask if my husband could break into the house and let her in.

We drove over there, I removed the screen to the window in the garage, pushed the window up, climbed over the shrubs and through the open window. Saved her in just a few minutes...forgot my superhero cape. Undecided

What is more likely to happen is the police showing up and slapping cuffs on me for breaking and entering. Tongue

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
30-12-2015, 06:07 PM
Story time...

I was a 19 year old Colorado liberal, and like others of my kind, I thought Buddhism would be for me. I went to a Buddhist meditation service at a Zen temple-ish place. I asked about this very thing, and the leader of the group explained Karma. I can not respect the idea that innocent people suffer because they need to pay for something they did in a past life. That's ridiculous. The "spiritual but not religious" crowd like the idea of what goes around comes around, and I do to, I guess. But there's no supportive evidence that such a system actually exists, and as a religious dogma in the context of an eastern religion is a dangerous idea.
12-02-2016, 09:45 AM
my name is earl is a funny show.
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Wanderer's post
12-02-2016, 12:32 PM
(14-12-2015 12:08 AM)xastrogasmx Wrote:  My entire time as a religious person I always had this idea of karma, that it was real. Not so much that god had anything to do with it, but that the universe had a way of making things work out. You do good things and you get good karma, you do bad things and you get bad karma. But as a new free thinker I'm not really sure if I still look at karma that way, or if i still believe in it. Sometimes we get correlation, causation, and coincidences mixed up. My family always taught me that you reap what you sow. I'd love to hear some of your thoughts and views on karma to learn something new!
I think it makes sense to consider consequences in real terms.

You do something such as hitting another person, often the consequence will be that they hit you back, or that the police arrest you or that people avoid you.

You do something such as welcome a new neighbor, bake them a cake, be friendly etc and you will find that they are friendly back to you.

This is what I expect the over simplified idea of morality comes from. Why do we do good things? Because the world will react positively towards us. Why do we avoid doing bad things? Because the world will react negatively towards us.
There is no universal justice, no overseer to ensure the Ying and Yang are in balance. BUT your actions do have consequences. People like to associate with others who are friendly, helpful and caring, people like to avoid others who are mean, and/or dangerous.
[+] 2 users Like Stevil's post
12-02-2016, 01:55 PM
(12-02-2016 09:45 AM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  my name is earl is a funny show.

Yup... It was....

I was bummed when they dropped it...

Sad

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
18-02-2016, 10:03 AM
It's not real, just a way to comfort our minds with the sense of justice.

"Skepticism is the first step towards truth" -Denis Diderot