What are your thoughts and opinions on the idea of 'karma'?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-02-2016, 10:21 AM
RE: What are your thoughts and opinions on the idea of 'karma'?
Karma is what you use when you want to take revenge but it's not smart or possible to do. If now you believe in karma, you can just walk away and let Karma take care of it.

Karma is a god. It implements justice.

And what Stevil said.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-02-2016, 07:17 PM
(14-12-2015 10:17 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(14-12-2015 12:08 AM)xastrogasmx Wrote:  My entire time as a religious person I always had this idea of karma, that it was real. Not so much that god had anything to do with it, but that the universe had a way of making things work out. You do good things and you get good karma, you do bad things and you get bad karma. But as a new free thinker I'm not really sure if I still look at karma that way, or if i still believe in it. Sometimes we get correlation, causation, and coincidences mixed up. My family always taught me that you reap what you sow. I'd love to hear some of your thoughts and views on karma to learn something new!

1. It's woo wrapped in a cool name.
2. Just what would be the Karma for mass murder?
3. It's a scapegoating the responsibility to take action yourself. "Karma will get you."
4. It's wishful thinking for the impotent.

Karma is equal to prayer in its effectiveness. Nil.

Ya gonna come back as a wasp or fly or something not too cool!
18-02-2016, 07:20 PM
(20-12-2015 08:21 AM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  Karma is not real. What's strange is I know a couple atheists personally that believe in karma 100%. They deny the existence of God on lack of physical evidence but except 'feels' when it comes to karma.

I know a couple of girls who accept feels from most anyone!
18-02-2016, 07:43 PM
Karma, in three words: assholes make enemies.

The metaphysical need not apply.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
18-02-2016, 08:15 PM
The idea is you get what you deserve, but it gets twisted to say that you must deserve whatever you get. That attitude can be used to justify neglecting the poor and oppressing the lower castes (or classes, or races, or any dehumanized others). Looking at karma as institutionalized idea that is used to reinforce oppressive systems, it seems to me it needs to be dismantled.
18-02-2016, 09:35 PM
Karma seems like a pretty destructive concept to me. It just encourages people to find fault in themselves, and to dwell on the trivial details of their past instead of moving past them.

It's funny how some distance
Makes everything seem small
And the fears that once controlled me
Can't get to me at all!
Let it gooooo, let it gooooo

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
19-02-2016, 01:00 AM
I see no merit in this idea. It like eastern just world hypothesis and this is the shit which allow some to feel that others deserve poverty, this is the shit which allows blaming the victims, who must done something wrong, otherwise "cosmic justice" would made them suffer by hands of criminal.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
19-02-2016, 03:39 AM (This post was last modified: 19-02-2016 06:34 AM by EvolutionKills.)
I don't know if someone else brought this up, but upon further reflection, I remembered another aspect of this metaphysical belief system that I find abhorrent.

In India, the idea of Karma is used to excuse that county's terrible class stratification. Those in the lowest class as seen as having deserved their place, based on actions in a previous life; and of course the high born deserve their station as well. Everyone is in their place. It's such a fucking disgusting and sadistic belief structure, such an insidious idea that those born into dire poverty can very easily blame themselves and more easily accept their unacceptable circumstances. Ever wonder why one of the most dense populations on Earth with some of the greatest wealth disparity hasn't risen up in mass revolution? Well, there's one of the contributing factors. When the lowest of the low think that they deserve their lot in life, they're a hell of a lot less likely to rise up in revolt.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 4 users Like EvolutionKills's post
19-02-2016, 05:01 AM
I have no thoughts on karma. I do not believe in it. Plenty of arseholes, Trump springs to mind, make it. Plenty of good people fail. Life was never meant to be easy.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.