What are your thoughts on Benjamin Netanyahu's speech before Congress?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-03-2015, 07:08 PM
What are your thoughts on Benjamin Netanyahu's speech before Congress?
I know it has been a few days since Benjamin Netanyahu went before Congress to argue against the possible deal between the U.S. and Iran, but I wanted to know what the community thought about it.

Did you see it? What did you think?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-03-2015, 07:11 PM
RE: What are your thoughts on Benjamin Netanyahu's speech before Congress?
It was incredibly stupid for the Repubtards to go around the President and invite him.
He's from the past. Until his generation makes all gone, there will be no peace in the Middle East. He gets nucs, but others can't have them. Right. Fuck him.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
08-03-2015, 07:14 PM
It gives me the impression that Israel thinks we should 'run our foreign policy by them' before doing anything in the Middle-East.
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
08-03-2015, 07:23 PM
(08-03-2015 07:14 PM)pablo Wrote:  It gives me the impression that Israel thinks we should 'run our foreign policy by them' before doing anything in the Middle-East.

Don't we already? I'm not the biggest fan of Israel or our buddy status.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
08-03-2015, 07:26 PM
(08-03-2015 07:23 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(08-03-2015 07:14 PM)pablo Wrote:  It gives me the impression that Israel thinks we should 'run our foreign policy by them' before doing anything in the Middle-East.

Don't we already? I'm not the biggest fan of Israel or our buddy status.

I agree.
08-03-2015, 07:42 PM
When Obama pushes through Iran's nuclear program and they develop weapons, which we know they will. It will be the neighbouring regions like Israel that suffer.
President Obama has made himself a fool to the world all across the middle east with so many failed attempts to make good with a Muslim state, Egypt/Iraq/Syria etc.

This is his last chance it would seem, trying to give Iran nuclear weapons so they'll be his friend.......... frightening isn't the word. So I agree that Nentanyahu was right to want to be so damning of the idea. I remember hearing Douglas Murray talk on this quite well.

08-03-2015, 07:58 PM
It's not that I want Iran to have a chance to have nukes, that's a very scary thought. It's not that I completely disagree with what Benny said.

I don't think Israel has a very good track record with it's decisions regarding the best way to achieve peace and the US has an even worse one. The fact that he drew so much applause just for being there sends shivers down my spine. We are two war mongering powerhouses and if peace is to be had, we both need to be stopped.

The best path to that solution is for us to stop ourselves, and listening to that loony isn't going to get us there any quicker.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
08-03-2015, 08:02 PM
I think it's that dry desert heat, it makes them all nuts.
08-03-2015, 08:10 PM
The US should just go all Oprah on the middle east and give everyone nukes. That'll spice things up.
I think the idea of Iran having a nuke isn't that bad actually. I mean if they used it they'd be politically fucked and so they're not about to nuke Israel the second they get their hands on an ICBM. If Iran nuke Israel than US nukes Iran. Simple. They nuke the US the US absolutely flattens Iran and turns the whole country to glass.

I say we just give them a fucking nuke. That way we can stop all the argument whether they have nukes or not or if they want to develop nuclear power so they can develop weapons etc.. Better to just be like "yea Iran has nukes".

Might as well give Israel nukes too.

[Image: oscar.png]
08-03-2015, 08:43 PM
(08-03-2015 08:10 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  The US should just go all Oprah on the middle east and give everyone nukes. That'll spice things up.
I think the idea of Iran having a nuke isn't that bad actually. I mean if they used it they'd be politically fucked and so they're not about to nuke Israel the second they get their hands on an ICBM. If Iran nuke Israel than US nukes Iran. Simple. They nuke the US the US absolutely flattens Iran and turns the whole country to glass.

I say we just give them a fucking nuke. That way we can stop all the argument whether they have nukes or not or if they want to develop nuclear power so they can develop weapons etc.. Better to just be like "yea Iran has nukes".

Might as well give Israel nukes too.
Israel has nukes, the difference is we can trust them not to use them on their neighbours. Iran on the other hand.........