What are your thoughts on Benjamin Netanyahu's speech before Congress?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-03-2015, 09:02 PM
RE: What are your thoughts on Benjamin Netanyahu's speech before Congress?
Quote:Israel has nukes, the difference is we can trust them not to use them on their neighbours.

I have no such confidence in the 'chosen people.'

As for Netanyahoo? Fuck him. He wants to start a war, be my guest. We'll sit this one out.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Minimalist's post
08-03-2015, 09:09 PM
(08-03-2015 09:02 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  
Quote:Israel has nukes, the difference is we can trust them not to use them on their neighbours.

I have no such confidence in the 'chosen people.'

As for Netanyahoo? Fuck him. He wants to start a war, be my guest. We'll sit this one out.

You have no confidence? They have nukes, they aren't nuking their neighbours. Quite an confidence building feat considering they are surrounded by Muslim states calling for the next holocaust that are about to go nuclear.......... no?

Works for me anyway.
08-03-2015, 09:15 PM
(08-03-2015 09:09 PM)DuffMan Wrote:  
(08-03-2015 09:02 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  I have no such confidence in the 'chosen people.'

You have no confidence? They have nukes, they aren't nuking their neighbours. Quite an confidence building feat considering they are surrounded by Muslim states calling for the next holocaust that are about to go nuclear.......... no?

Works for me anyway.

If Israel was attacked like they were during the 6 day war do you think if some right wing nut like Netanyahu was in power they would not pull the trigger? I have my doubts. As far as it goes Israel is in violation of the nuclear nonproliferation agreements by even having nukes, since they are not one of the signees of said treaty. Considering that even attempting to develop said weapons is enough to warrant bombing by any other nation on earth but they were given a free pass is disturbing.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
08-03-2015, 09:18 PM
Israel has had nukes for what, 30 - 40 years now? Consider
08-03-2015, 09:24 PM
(08-03-2015 09:18 PM)TheBear Wrote:  Israel has had nukes for what, 30 - 40 years now? Consider

Officially? Oh they don't Wink. In reality nobody knows for sure but probably about 25-30 years.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
08-03-2015, 09:32 PM
(08-03-2015 09:15 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  If Israel was attacked like they were during the 6 day war do you think if some right wing nut like Netanyahu was in power they would not pull the trigger? I have my doubts. As far as it goes Israel is in violation of the nuclear nonproliferation agreements by even having nukes, since they are not one of the signees of said treaty. Considering that even attempting to develop said weapons is enough to warrant bombing by any other nation on earth but they were given a free pass is disturbing.

So now you are arguing that Israel 'might' use them, in a defensive manner, if every neighbouring state tries to wipe them off the map.......... well I agree. But then so would any other country with nukes.

But by this logic we should bomb Iran to dust, we have caught them multiple times trying to build nuclear weapons, and they have said multiple times they are going to go on the offensive with them.

So you think every other country should bomb Iran into dust then?
08-03-2015, 09:39 PM
(08-03-2015 09:32 PM)DuffMan Wrote:  
(08-03-2015 09:15 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  If Israel was attacked like they were during the 6 day war do you think if some right wing nut like Netanyahu was in power they would not pull the trigger? I have my doubts. As far as it goes Israel is in violation of the nuclear nonproliferation agreements by even having nukes, since they are not one of the signees of said treaty. Considering that even attempting to develop said weapons is enough to warrant bombing by any other nation on earth but they were given a free pass is disturbing.

So now you are arguing that Israel 'might' use them, in a defensive manner, if every neighbouring state tries to wipe them off the map.......... well I agree. But then so would any other country with nukes.

But by this logic we should bomb Iran to dust, we have caught them multiple times trying to build nuclear weapons, and they have said multiple times they are going to go on the offensive with them.

So you think every other country should bomb Iran into dust then?

Netanyahu does, and you seem to be in agreement with him.

08-03-2015, 10:03 PM
(08-03-2015 09:39 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Netanyahu does, and you seem to be in agreement with him.
Iran is going to bully other middle eastern countries if they get nukes and make a power grab, they will go on the offensive with them and are likely to use them.

Would you agree?

And would you agree they need to be stopped?
08-03-2015, 10:14 PM
(08-03-2015 10:03 PM)DuffMan Wrote:  
(08-03-2015 09:39 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Netanyahu does, and you seem to be in agreement with him.
Iran is going to bully other middle eastern countries if they get nukes and make a power grab, they will go on the offensive with them and are likely to use them.

Would you agree?

And would you agree they need to be stopped?

No, I don't agree as they have not shown themselves to be any more predatory than the US insofar as securing alliances in the region.

08-03-2015, 10:35 PM
This speech was bad because it is Republicans trying to spit in the face of Obama, beat the war drum on Iran, get center-right folks back on the Republican's side, and interfere with elections in Israel.

Beyond the political posturing, it does nothing of benefit.

I don't agree with Netanyahu trying to make his state religion Judaism. From what I've heard, despite all the painting up of Israel as progressive, it's fairly discriminatory towards other religions, especially Islam. They shut down the Dome of the Rock to Muslims. I don't care about what people believe, but I do care about their freedom to express it (within reason).

Though really, I think if religion didn't exist, we wouldn't be in this situation.
[+] 2 users Like Kaepora Gaebora's post