What are your thoughts on Benjamin Netanyahu's speech before Congress?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-03-2015, 06:51 AM
RE: What are your thoughts on Benjamin Netanyahu's speech before Congress?
(08-03-2015 10:03 PM)DuffMan Wrote:  
(08-03-2015 09:39 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Netanyahu does, and you seem to be in agreement with him.
Iran is going to bully other middle eastern countries if they get nukes and make a power grab, they will go on the offensive with them and are likely to use them.

Would you agree?

And would you agree they need to be stopped?

I&I?

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
09-03-2015, 08:22 AM
Thanks for the responses so far.

One of the reasons I asked was because a lot of my friends from my old christian days were spouting off on Facebook about how great a speech Netanyahu gave, and how they "wish we had a President this fearless", and how we need "to be praying for Israel."

I watched the speech and felt like Netanyahu was trying to get us to go to war with Iran. Then I saw a comparison video of a similar speech he gave back in 2002 where he basically said similar things about Iraq. He claimed that Saddam Hussein was making nuclear weapons. He said that inspections would not do enough to stop Saddam Hussein from producing a nuclear weapon. His speech helped convince a lot of Americans that a war against Iraq was necessary.

It really makes me worry how a great amount of American Christians can so blindly accept what this man says, simply because he is the Prime Minister of Israel.
09-03-2015, 03:25 PM
Quote:Works for me anyway.

You're easily impressed.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
11-03-2015, 09:43 AM (This post was last modified: 11-03-2015 10:55 AM by Patriot10mm.)
I think there is some misconceptions about how the constitution actually works by a few of you. The congress and president are equals. They each have the same power to balance each other. It is not disrespectful for the congress to meet with a foreign leader, just as it wouldn't be disrespectful for the president to meet with a figurehead from another country like the queen of England or a member of parliament. The Senate must approve all treaties by a 2/3 vote. Of course they'll want to hear testimony from all concerned parties. This practice has been going on for the entirety of American history, and every instance has been documented at least since 1945. It's called a joint meeting or joint session when a foreign leader meets with one or both houses of congress. Netanyahu's visit is listed as one of the many routine meetings on the house website. http://history.house.gov/Institution/For...-Sessions/

Obama is not a king. We have other elected officials with a stake in these things. Americans sometimes get caught up in holding the president to some god like supreme leader person because he's the most visible and followed by the media.

Death is a debt we all must pay.