What are your views on Demonic Possession and Ghosts/Spirits?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-11-2015, 08:04 PM
RE: What are your views on Demonic Possession and Ghosts/Spirits?
(24-11-2015 06:32 PM)pablo Wrote:  I like how the Ouija board spells out "I am fooling myself." Thumbsup

I'm rethinking my proposition to kill you last. Consider

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
24-11-2015, 08:39 PM
The power of suggestion. The lack of investigation or unbiased investigation.

The Exorcist was based on a true story. And when you talk to the people involved, they've admitted that the movie vastly exaggerated the events.

I've been fascinated by the paranormal my entire life. It is a great sadness to me that in every single case, when it is investigated properly, it never pans out.

There is always money to be made, someone has an angle, someone sees what they want to see. I used to say I was hopefully skeptic. Now I can only appreciate the stories and accounts as fiction.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 1 user Likes Fatbaldhobbit's post
24-11-2015, 08:56 PM
(24-11-2015 08:04 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(24-11-2015 06:32 PM)pablo Wrote:  I like how the Ouija board spells out "I am fooling myself." Thumbsup

I'm rethinking my proposition to kill you last. Consider

That's just crazy talk.
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
24-11-2015, 09:19 PM
The second letter of "ghost" is "h".
That means it's all about Horus.
People who are possessed are inhabited by Horus.
It's all about Horus.
Yes

Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 7 users Like Bucky Ball's post
24-11-2015, 09:33 PM
[Image: mars-horus.jpg]

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
24-11-2015, 09:35 PM
(24-11-2015 06:09 PM)xastrogasmx Wrote:  So the other night I was watching The Conjuring and it got me thinking about possession and ghosts. The Conjuring is supposed to be based off true events and apparently that house is notorious for wicked things happening there. Apparently every time someone moves in something crazy or unexplained has happened, people go crazy and there are things that happen that they can't explain.
I'm what would you call a newbie to free thinking, I left my faith behind a few months ago so I still don't have 'opinions' on possession and ghosts. Now of course atheists don't believe in demons because then that would be hinting that there is a deity. But, what are your opinions on this? I think a lot of us have had weird "ghostly" experiences, things that have happened to us that are just not explainable. What are your views on this? How do you wrap your head around this?
I'm asking this because I am genuinely curious and I would love to gain some knowledge about something I don't quite know about.

Demonic possession is nothing more than an explanation for mental disorders created by ignorant primitives and held by ignorant moderns (and those who aren't ignorant, but stand to profit). Ghosts et al. are poor explanations for things unknown created by ignorant primitives and held by credulous moderns with an over-active tendency toward apophenia and agent detection.

(24-11-2015 09:19 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  The second letter of "ghost" is "h".
It's all about Horus.
Yes

Weeping

Ghost has five letters. Horus has five letters. You know what other god has five letters? Jesus.

Jesus is also the Holy Ghost.
Jesus = Ghost = Horus.

Know what else has the same number? Egypt. Horus=egypt. Egypt had pyramids, which have five sides geometrically. Egypt = pyramids = Horus. Egyptians and Horus both had eyes. Horus = egyptians =egypt = pyramids. Eyes = pyramids.

You know what has pyramids and eyes? The All Seeing Eye of God, which has five words; ASEoG = Horus. What else is associated with the Eye and pyramids?
Illuminati.

Horus=God=Illuminati.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 6 users Like Free Thought's post
24-11-2015, 09:39 PM
(24-11-2015 09:35 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(24-11-2015 06:09 PM)xastrogasmx Wrote:  So the other night I was watching The Conjuring and it got me thinking about possession and ghosts. The Conjuring is supposed to be based off true events and apparently that house is notorious for wicked things happening there. Apparently every time someone moves in something crazy or unexplained has happened, people go crazy and there are things that happen that they can't explain.
I'm what would you call a newbie to free thinking, I left my faith behind a few months ago so I still don't have 'opinions' on possession and ghosts. Now of course atheists don't believe in demons because then that would be hinting that there is a deity. But, what are your opinions on this? I think a lot of us have had weird "ghostly" experiences, things that have happened to us that are just not explainable. What are your views on this? How do you wrap your head around this?
I'm asking this because I am genuinely curious and I would love to gain some knowledge about something I don't quite know about.

Demonic possession is nothing more than an explanation for mental disorders created by ignorant primitives and held by ignorant moderns (and those who aren't ignorant, but stand to profit). Ghosts et al. are poor explanations for things unknown created by ignorant primitives and held by credulous moderns with an over-active tendency toward apophenia and agent detection.

It's all about Horus.
Yes

Weeping

Ghost has five letters. Horus has five letters. You know what other god has five letters? Jesus.

Jesus = Ghost = Horus.

Know what else has the same number? Egypt. Horus=egypt. Egypt had pyramids, which have five sides geometrically. Egypt = pyramids = Horus. Egyptians and Horus both had eyes. Horus = egyptians =egypt = pyramids. Eyes = pyramids.

You know what has pyramids and eyes? The All Seeing Eye of God, which has five words; ASEoG = Horus. What else is associated with the Eye and pyramids?
Illuminati.

Horus=God=Illuminati.

I already knew that. Illuminati starts with "I".
So does Isis.
Angel

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
24-11-2015, 09:51 PM
What are your views on Demonic Possession and Ghosts/Spirits?
If you research Ed & Lorraine Warren, you'll find lots of evidence that suggests they are knowingly charlatans. People that have worked for them brought up a lot of their BS.

I agree that suggestion is a powerful thing. Long ago I studied runes for the hell of it. I was always exactly spot on. How? Learning how fortune tellers do it.

Also, I've done cold readings. I'm talking John Edward BS. The exact techniques are easy to learn. But if you cold read the wrong person but they can fall for it.

If you watch the movie "Kumare" the guy admits his ruse but a few still think he has powers.
[+] 4 users Like Clockwork's post
24-11-2015, 10:57 PM
(24-11-2015 09:35 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  

It's all about Horus.
Yes

Weeping

Jesus = Ghost = Horus.

Illuminati.

Horus=God=Illuminati.

YOU HAVE SOLVED IT! I will forever after worship your obviously holey pronouncements! You are the god of the new millennium! Worship Slaves

Not. Though I can imagine that there are peops who would worship you, given half a chance, based on what you have posted. Just put on a red caftan, I bet you would gain followers, if you could stomach it. Facepalm
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
24-11-2015, 11:08 PM
(24-11-2015 10:57 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(24-11-2015 09:35 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Demonic possession is nothing more than an explanation for mental disorders created by ignorant primitives and held by ignorant moderns (and those who aren't ignorant, but stand to profit). Ghosts et al. are poor explanations for things unknown created by ignorant primitives and held by credulous moderns with an over-active tendency toward apophenia and agent detection.

Jesus = Ghost = Horus.

Illuminati.

Horus=God=Illuminati.

YOU HAVE SOLVED IT! I will forever after worship your obviously holey pronouncements! You are the god of the new millennium! Worship Slaves

Not. Though I can imagine that there are peops who would worship you, given half a chance, based on what you have posted. Just put on a red caftan, I bet you would gain followers, if you could stomach it. Facepalm

Do you not understand sarcasm? Or Am I missing something?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.