What are your views on Demonic Possession and Ghosts/Spirits?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-11-2015, 02:21 PM
RE: What are your views on Demonic Possession and Ghosts/Spirits?
(25-11-2015 01:49 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I wish I could find a good incubus Wink

You can only find the second rate ones huh?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
25-11-2015, 02:26 PM
(25-11-2015 02:21 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(25-11-2015 01:49 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I wish I could find a good incubus Wink

You can only find the second rate ones huh?

Yes, so hard to find a good incubus nowadays Wink
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
25-11-2015, 02:42 PM
(24-11-2015 08:39 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  The power of suggestion. The lack of investigation or unbiased investigation.

The Exorcist was based on a true story. And when you talk to the people involved, they've admitted that the movie vastly exaggerated the events.

I've been fascinated by the paranormal my entire life. It is a great sadness to me that in every single case, when it is investigated properly, it never pans out.

There is always money to be made, someone has an angle, someone sees what they want to see. I used to say I was hopefully skeptic. Now I can only appreciate the stories and accounts as fiction.

No it was not based on a true story. It was based on a real person who made a bullshit claim because of their own false perceptions. The person and house was real sure, but the claim of spirits and possession were fucking made up.

Historians look at the epilepsy they suspected Roman Caesar Claudius had, based on accounts of him fainting and twitching. Even they mistook that as possession.

Humans have always claimed spirits, and every generation tries to dress up that skunk with new words, the word now is "paranormal". Glad you reject all that as fiction. But please don't feed the superstitious with "based on a true story". That only means someone saw something and didn't understand what it really was.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-11-2015, 02:51 PM
I think I might produce a movie and call it "Paranoid Craptivity"

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
25-11-2015, 03:07 PM
They do not exist is my view.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
25-11-2015, 03:09 PM
That neither exist!

DJ

Live Better...Help Often....Wonder More
25-11-2015, 03:18 PM
(25-11-2015 02:51 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  I think I might produce a movie and call it "Paranoid Craptivity"

To Kickstarter, with you!

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
25-11-2015, 05:43 PM
I think it's fun to pretend that these things are real. I enjoy watching movies and reading books with these kind of things. I got real pissed a few weeks ago when I watched a ghost movie only to find out there were no real ghosts in the story. That's utter crap.

But in the real world there is no reason to believe in their existence. Just a bunch of signals that our highly impressionable minds misconstrue.
25-11-2015, 06:50 PM
(24-11-2015 11:08 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(24-11-2015 10:57 PM)Fireball Wrote:  YOU HAVE SOLVED IT! I will forever after worship your obviously holey pronouncements! You are the god of the new millennium! Worship Slaves

Not. Though I can imagine that there are peops who would worship you, given half a chance, based on what you have posted. Just put on a red caftan, I bet you would gain followers, if you could stomach it. Facepalm

Do you not understand sarcasm? Or Am I missing something?

Sorry, I just noticed this reply. Note that after the worship slaves emoticon, I put the word "Not". Meaning that I understand what Free Thought is doing. However, in the past I knew of a guy who did put on a red caftan and actually got people to start following him around as though he was a holy man. The way the explanation was laid out would easily recruit the credulous. Maybe my response was over the top.
25-11-2015, 07:36 PM
I actually enjoy shows like Supernatural... Though I haven't even managed to make it to the end of season two yet. Too many shows, not enough time, and zombies get priority in the hierarchy.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post