What are your views on Demonic Possession and Ghosts/Spirits?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-11-2015, 08:01 PM
RE: What are your views on Demonic Possession and Ghosts/Spirits?
If a person is convinced that they are possessed by a demon or Elvis, then they may very well behave in a very odd manner.

Ghosts - that small mouse or raccoon in the attic that makes sounds you can't explain at 2:00 am when you are 12 and don't understand how the world works.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Rahn127's post
26-11-2015, 08:46 AM
(25-11-2015 05:43 PM)natachan Wrote:  I think it's fun to pretend that these things are real. I enjoy watching movies and reading books with these kind of things. I got real pissed a few weeks ago when I watched a ghost movie only to find out there were no real ghosts in the story. That's utter crap.

But in the real world there is no reason to believe in their existence. Just a bunch of signals that our highly impressionable minds misconstrue.

So, I take it you're not a Scooby Doo fan? Big Grin

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
26-11-2015, 08:48 AM
If there is such a thing as ghosts, I want to become one.

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
[+] 1 user Likes The Polyglot Atheist's post
26-11-2015, 08:53 AM
(26-11-2015 08:48 AM)The Polyglot Atheist Wrote:  If there is such a thing as ghosts, I want to become one.

Sounds like a lot of woo.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
26-11-2015, 08:55 AM
(26-11-2015 08:53 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(26-11-2015 08:48 AM)The Polyglot Atheist Wrote:  If there is such a thing as ghosts, I want to become one.

Don't you mean boo Hobo

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
26-11-2015, 09:03 AM
I'm immune to demon possession. There's only room for one.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
26-11-2015, 09:06 AM
(26-11-2015 08:53 AM)morondog Wrote:  

I'll be reminding you that you said that, when you'll be begging me to let you join my ghostly adventures.

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
[+] 1 user Likes The Polyglot Atheist's post
26-11-2015, 11:03 AM
Quote:I actually enjoy shows like Supernatural... Though I haven't even managed to make it to the end of season two yet. Too many shows, not enough time, and zombies get priority in the hierarchy.

Zombies are weak sauce. Weak. Sauce. And they are grossly overdone. I don't know how many zombies I've killed in video games, but it is a lot. Plus zombies lack personality. Ghosts and vampires can at least have individuality, but not zombies. They are a horde. That is weak.

(26-11-2015 08:46 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  
(25-11-2015 05:43 PM)natachan Wrote:  I think it's fun to pretend that these things are real. I enjoy watching movies and reading books with these kind of things. I got real pissed a few weeks ago when I watched a ghost movie only to find out there were no real ghosts in the story. That's utter crap.

But in the real world there is no reason to believe in their existence. Just a bunch of signals that our highly impressionable minds misconstrue.

So, I take it you're not a Scooby Doo fan? Big Grin

For different reasons. CGI great Danes are not my style.
26-11-2015, 11:15 AM
(26-11-2015 11:03 AM)natachan Wrote:  
Quote:I actually enjoy shows like Supernatural... Though I haven't even managed to make it to the end of season two yet. Too many shows, not enough time, and zombies get priority in the hierarchy.

Zombies are weak sauce. Weak. Sauce. And they are grossly overdone. I don't know how many zombies I've killed in video games, but it is a lot. Plus zombies lack personality. Ghosts and vampires can at least have individuality, but not zombies. They are a horde. That is weak.

(26-11-2015 08:46 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  So, I take it you're not a Scooby Doo fan? Big Grin

For different reasons. CGI great Danes are not my style.

Gasp Sacrilege Tongue I am a huge fan of the zombie genre. Night of the Living Dead is my all time favorite Halloween movie. I love George Romero. I think the fact that zombies lack personality makes them even more scary. They are just killing (and eating) machines. But I like vampire movies too (Lost Boys, Interview with a Vampire).

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
26-11-2015, 11:25 AM
My personal view on the demon possessed and ghosts is that they should never be voted into public office if at all possible to avoid doing so. Transparency in gov't is usually a good thing but there are limits. But the upcoming elections may require discarding this general rule if one is determined to vote for something if not necessarily a somebody. Tongue
[+] 4 users Like Airportkid's post