What are your views on monogamy?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-04-2017, 10:41 AM
RE: What are your views on monogamy?
(29-04-2017 10:17 AM)JesseB Wrote:  (I swear I'm not bitter lol)

I think you're brave. To tell your story as it is - who knows how many people have similar stories and don't dare? You are doing something good for them simply by speaking about it. You have my sincere respect.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-04-2017, 10:44 AM
(29-04-2017 10:41 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(29-04-2017 10:17 AM)JesseB Wrote:  (I swear I'm not bitter lol)

I think you're brave. To tell your story as it is - who knows how many people have similar stories and don't dare? You are doing something good for them simply by speaking about it. You have my sincere respect.

Thank you, that means a lot.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes JesseB's post
29-04-2017, 12:30 PM
I'm a romantic and prefer to be monogamous. I like having that one person who gets me and who I am best friends with and can have great sex with Wink I don't like drama and prefer to keep things simple. Not that being monogamous keeps things simple but the more people you add into the mix, more drama can come with all of that.

That said, if others prefer not to live monogamous lives, I say do what makes you happy, as long as everyone involved is aware of what's going on and happy living that type of lifestyle.
[+] 5 users Like jennybee's post
29-04-2017, 12:36 PM
In the sense of "I love my Gwynnies" I'm done in this life. That has been field tested.

In the sense of tradition, I believe the sacrament of marriage is a genetic trait we have evolved past.

(29-04-2017 10:32 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  After 35 years if either one of us had an affair we'd both burst out laughing.

After 5 years of being a romantic couple, me and my bestie are up to that neighborhood as buds. It's a good place. Thumbsup

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
02-05-2017, 10:20 PM
(20-04-2017 11:33 PM)morondog Wrote:  Ya see, I'm definitely no moral person. I could cheat, given the opportunity and the motivation. But if you know that's gonna hurt the person you love, why do it? Only circumstances in which I would, would be if there's zero chance of getting caught, which is kinda... there's no real possibility of that ever.

Still, I don't think people who cheat are these evil motherfuckers. They're just people being people - they fucked up.

Context of OP though, isn't cheating, it's "open relationship" - I don't think I could do that either. I just think jealousy is gonna happen. Jealousy is no fun. I've been jealous and the object of jealousy. It's a horrible feeling.

I personally could never cheat on someone. Like you say, to me it's not worth it to hurt the person you love. I wouldn't cheat even if there was zero chance of getting caught--I would know and that's enough for me. I also don't believe in going after another woman's man, even if they are in an unhappy rship. I would not want it done to me so I would not do that to someone else. Also I don't want to share my man with another woman. I want him to be all mine Tongue
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
02-05-2017, 10:59 PM
(02-05-2017 10:20 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I personally could never cheat on someone. Like you say, to me it's not worth it to hurt the person you love.

How can I put this delicately?
yer fucked

It is a truism that you only hurt the ones you love.

Had this girl one time (was with, inner feminist intervention), everybody's like...
dude you know the doorknob joke?
I'm like, I don't give a shit.

She's like, wtf, you're not jealous?

#FML

living word
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
02-05-2017, 11:18 PM
(02-05-2017 10:59 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(02-05-2017 10:20 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I personally could never cheat on someone. Like you say, to me it's not worth it to hurt the person you love.

How can I put this delicately?
yer fucked

Had this girl one time (was with, inner feminist intervention), everybody's like...

#FML

Agreed you do hurt the ones you love at times--even when you don't mean to. When emotions are wrapped up into everything, if you get hurt by someone, it cuts deep. However, there are things you can do to minimize said hurts and one of them would be not to cheat on the person you care about.
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
03-05-2017, 01:14 AM
(02-05-2017 11:18 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(02-05-2017 10:59 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  How can I put this delicately?
yer fucked

#FML

Agreed you do hurt the ones you love at times--even when you don't mean to. When emotions are wrapped up into everything, if you get hurt by someone, it cuts deep. However, there are things you can do to minimize said hurts and one of them would be not to cheat on the person you care about.

Jenny, can we maybe clone you? so then hopefully there'd be more out there that think like this?

This is the kinda shit I respect the hell out of. The kinda shit I almost never hear anyone say.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes JesseB's post
03-05-2017, 03:08 AM
Me and my best friend used to joke there is a cave somewhere, full of "normal" people just waiting to be found and dated/married, because we'd both only been out with proper crazy girls (i'm well aware guys can be that way as well) who were just the worst in almost every way. Maybe that says more about us than the people we date, but it was rare to find a "nice" person back in the day.

Luckily I found my wife not long after that, but it was hard work lol.

Having problems with your computer? Visit the Free Tech Support thread for help!
[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post
03-05-2017, 07:06 AM
(02-05-2017 11:18 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Agreed you do hurt the ones you love at times--even when you don't mean to. When emotions are wrapped up into everything, if you get hurt by someone, it cuts deep. However, there are things you can do to minimize said hurts and one of them would be not to cheat on the person you care about.

Are you one of those people who accuse me of cheating every time I post pix non-Gwynnies? Tongue

living word
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post