What are yours fears and phobias ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-11-2013, 01:31 AM
RE: What are yours fears and phobias ?
(19-11-2013 12:50 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(19-11-2013 12:06 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  Bears.

[Image: 1369210979436.jpg]

[Image: 62DA8A6D-D92B-4CCE-97B4-1FE6DC1C3612-518...5f9960.jpg]

(19-11-2013 01:11 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(18-11-2013 10:54 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  ...
I'm afraid I don't have any fears.

What you did there... I saw it.

You have nothing to fear except fear itself.

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

-Frank Herbert
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like LadyJane's post
19-11-2013, 01:34 AM
(19-11-2013 01:31 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  
(19-11-2013 12:50 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  [Image: 1369210979436.jpg]

[Image: 62DA8A6D-D92B-4CCE-97B4-1FE6DC1C3612-518...5f9960.jpg]

(19-11-2013 01:11 AM)DLJ Wrote:  What you did there... I saw it.

You have nothing to fear except fear itself.

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

-Frank Herbert

I love Dune. Best book series ever. Heart

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
[+] 1 user Likes Logisch's post
19-11-2013, 02:09 AM
Spiders

Not too super scared of 'lone time but I don't like it if it's prolonged, which it has been at times...

Loss of friends - I don't make 'em easily IRL. Forum's different somehow.

Not being able to make enough money - not that I'm focused on the stuff, just... I want to be able to not worry about e.g. medical care for parents (they're getting old)...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
19-11-2013, 02:53 AM
Thunderstorms: Need to be listening to music when they come around (I mostly listen to metal, which nicely blocks the noise out).

Needles: Hate the fucking things, they used to give me full blown panic attacks.

Creepy Crawlies: Spiders, Centipedes, etc. If one of them is just chilling in a corner for the entire time and not moving, whatever. The moment they start moving around, I MUST kill them.

[Image: giphy.gif]
19-11-2013, 03:10 AM
(18-11-2013 09:58 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  
(18-11-2013 09:49 PM)Colourcraze Wrote:  Ok so with all the people who are afraid of being alone, I'm wondering what that means for each person. Are we talking physically being alone? Having no friends? Being the last person on earth? What does "alone" mean to you and why is it so scary?

Being alone physically, in terms of friends, family and relationships. Abandonment. Having little to no social interaction at all in the real world. Realizing there is no one. You have no one. Long nights, weeks, months even, with no one- nothing but late nights and yourself. The feeling weighs a load on your mentality.

Coming back to the forum distracted me from a summer full of it. That's why I enjoy the people here as much as I do.

I felt pretty lonely when I left my church finally and realized that a lot of those people wouldn't be my friends anymore. But I've never really felt like there was *no one* in my life. That thought seems... angsty to me. Like to feel that alone you must be just wallowing in self-pity or something. And I'm not trying to insult anybody's legit fears, honestly. I'm just trying to understand it and I guess explain how I see it (I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm kind of judgmental but the first step in recovery is admitting you have a problem, right?). It's a completely foreign concept to me to feel entirely alone in a world full of people where all you have to do is go out and talk to them. For me, it would be much scarier if I woke up one day to find myself literally alone, the only person on the planet.
19-11-2013, 03:58 AM
(19-11-2013 02:53 AM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  ...
Creepy Crawlies: Spiders, Centipedes, etc. If one of them is just chilling in a corner for the entire time and not moving, whatever. The moment they start moving around, I MUST kill them.

... but you play with them for a while first, right?

[Image: cat-vs-spider-o.gif]

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
19-11-2013, 06:50 AM (This post was last modified: 19-11-2013 07:41 AM by Free Thought.)
(18-11-2013 07:57 PM)viocjit Wrote:  I made this topic because I thought that this thread can be interesting for each of us.
I begin :
The majority of my "fears and phobias" are about social interactions.

I fear :
1.To be lonely (I think that the realisation of this fear is in progress)
2.Say what I was thinking in a conversation (explication) :
Me : I'm thinking to something of private.
My interlocutor : He speak to me but I speak about what I was thinking (lapsus).
Me : I revealed something of personal about myself. Therefore I'm in an unwishable situation.

3.To make a stupid joke.
4.I think that I have less fears that the majority of people.

Phobias :
1.Ereutophobia = that means that I fear to blush. I precise that this is only sometime that I fell this phobia.
2.Psychopathophobie = this is the fear to become crazy.
3.I don't think that I have others phobias

Now if you want this is your turn.

This is a tough one...

I have an absolutely irrational fear of public speaking; Many oral assignments have shown that I can be a fairly eloquent, efficient and clear, if somewhat rushed, speaker. And yet I get a tingle in my spine and a pit in my stomach any time I have to do an oral.

In relation to oral assignments, I have a pseudo-fear of failing assignments. I fear handing up work. I dread when the time to do so comes, and my handing in work will usually be prefaced by comments like "It's probably shit...", this stems from my messed-up little psyche; it was ingrained early on that if I got something wrong, I would have to spend hours until I consistently got it right (thanks Nan!), this ingrained perfectionism in regards to my work is bolstered by what is quite likely a form of autism (this was actually suspected by a psychologist who tested me, but the recommendation for further observation and diagnosis was never followed up by my parents), leading my to constantly believe my work is never good enough to present. This agitates me, as even though I am fully aware of this behaviour, it persists.

I do have a fear of losing the use of my arms, legs or losing my mind. I want to be independent as a generality; losing an arm or a leg would effectively rob me of complete independence. And losing my mind is equivalent of a fate worse than death to me; my brain is the only feature that I like about me.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
19-11-2013, 12:33 PM
I'm to dumb to have phobias.
I'm like "look, what a cute polar bear, I think it wants to cuddle"

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
19-11-2013, 05:51 PM
I have a fear of unfamiliar staircases, particularly the really long ones, e.g. the ones you find in old Cathedral towers, which I have just learned on Google is called Bathmophobia (or at least I suppose the unfamiliar side of it and the fact I can get comfortable with a set of stairs and have less of an issue going up them than down them could count as a variant on it, haha).
On that note, I also have a slight fear of heights - you would NEVER get me standing and looking down from a great height without a) a railing or support I was confident wouldn't break, b) cowering in my hands and knees if said railing wasn't possible!

"God is a thought who makes crooked all that is straight." - Nietzsche

You can follow/read my blog on religious text and things related at: http://alookatholytext.wordpress.com/
19-11-2013, 06:23 PM
For some reason I will never understand, I am afraid of praying mantises. They get very, very big in Missouri and they just freak me out. It's weird because they are a gardener's best friend.

Yeah, my phobia is boring as shit.

THIS USER IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. THANK YOU, AND HAVE A GREAT DAY! http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...a-few-days