What are yours fears and phobias ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-11-2013, 03:18 PM
RE: What are yours fears and phobias ?
(19-11-2013 02:53 AM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Thunderstorms: Need to be listening to music when they come around (I mostly listen to metal, which nicely blocks the noise out).

Needles: Hate the fucking things, they used to give me full blown panic attacks.

Creepy Crawlies: Spiders, Centipedes, etc. If one of them is just chilling in a corner for the entire time and not moving, whatever. The moment they start moving around, I MUST kill them.

Metal is a musical thunderstorm...

This is the signature.

http://www.FromNothingGameStudios.com
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-11-2013, 03:20 PM
1. Failure
2. Death before the Singularity

This is the signature.

http://www.FromNothingGameStudios.com
28-11-2013, 10:31 AM
Dogs- have been afraid of them since childhood Sad also spiders for last time....
As for fears, it's mostly social interactions, embarrassment, fear of something bad happening due to certain decision. Fear of looking stupid Confused
28-11-2013, 10:35 AM
BOO
[Image: spider-dog-halloween-costume.png]

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
[+] 4 users Like sporehux's post
28-11-2013, 10:48 AM
(28-11-2013 10:35 AM)sporehux Wrote:  BOO
[Image: spider-dog-halloween-costume.png]

Blink
Too funny to be scary Big Grin
28-11-2013, 12:31 PM
I fear a lot of things. Sleeping alone in the house. Cockroaches. Grasshopers. Normal stuff like that.

BUT. When it comes to phobias, well, I suffer from a quite rare one (I guess), emetophobia. It's the fear of vomitting. Experiencing it, seeing it, hearing it, anything. It has caused me serious panic attacks. I avoid drunk or sick people and I'm too careful with what I eat. The main reason why I don't want to have kids is because I'm scared I might get morning sickness.

No, it's not a joke. And it's not funny. It's the thing that has been haunting my life for the last 10 years. Whenever I watch a movie I'm scared it might have someone throwing up in there. Especially comedies. What's with that anyway? Since when is vomitting funny? On the other hand, it might be good because the constant contact with it has kind of made me "get used" to it and it doesn't scare me that much anymore in movies.

Trust me, it's not like watching a horror film. It's not the good kind of "scary". It's the "Fuck, I'm dying" kind.

And since I'm seeing a lot of people posting pictures of things people say they're scared of, now I have this irrational fear that someone will be insensitive enough to post something vomit-related, so I will avoid re-entering the thread and even if I do enter, I will go slooooowly, trying to avoid any contact with a possible reference to it. That's how bad it is.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
29-11-2013, 01:51 PM
1.Needles. Absolutely terrified of them.
2. Social situations with a bunch of strangers. Too shy.
29-11-2013, 03:09 PM
I'm afraid of being a bad father/husband. So far I think I'm okay on the father part, I could do some work as a husband....

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
29-11-2013, 04:03 PM
(18-11-2013 10:08 PM)DLJ Wrote:  1. Heights
-- not like walking up the Eiffel Tower or over the top of Sydney Harbour Bridge , that's easy, but anywhere that I don't have something I can hang on to.

2. Water
-- I don't go anywhere near the horrible stuff (I am the stinking atheist).

3. Dogs
-- Dunno why but dogs fucking hate me.

Also, public speaking used to be tough but given that that's my job, I had to tackle that one (joined an Am-Dram group, got myself a solo, had to learn to tap dance etc.)

Nice thread, btw. Thanks viocjit.

With you re water.
I nearly drowned when I was a kid.
Tried to learn, unable to.
Dogs seem to like me.
Cept N.Z. terriers~~~
With you re heights, too!Huh
[+] 1 user Likes Mr Woof's post
29-11-2013, 04:12 PM
(18-11-2013 10:08 PM)DLJ Wrote:  -- Dunno why but hogs fucking date me.

Sorry couldn't resist Tongue

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post