What are yours fears and phobias ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-11-2013, 06:56 PM
RE: What are yours fears and phobias ?
(30-11-2013 06:39 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(30-11-2013 12:33 PM)Anjele Wrote:  And heights, which is strange because it's a fear that came on later in life. As a kid I would climb trees, monkey bars, around in grandpa's barns...now I can't watch a quick view over a ledge on TV, gives me the shakes.

That's because kids are stupid/immature and don't have a proper appreciation for dangerous situations, which develops over time as the brain develops the parts responsible for situational analysis.

But phobia takes it beyond rational caution. I mean, I am not going to fall from a scene on TV or in a movie but it still causes the same intense reaction. That's irrational and therefore phobic.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-11-2013, 07:49 PM
(30-11-2013 06:56 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(30-11-2013 06:39 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  That's because kids are stupid/immature and don't have a proper appreciation for dangerous situations, which develops over time as the brain develops the parts responsible for situational analysis.

But phobia takes it beyond rational caution. I mean, I am not going to fall from a scene on TV or in a movie but it still causes the same intense reaction. That's irrational and therefore phobic.

I was just trying to explain why Kid-Anjele (et al) likely did not fear heights.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
30-11-2013, 07:56 PM
But why did it reach crazy-ass phobia level? I didn't have a bad experience or anything.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
01-12-2013, 05:56 PM
Nothing : )
01-12-2013, 09:06 PM
I have an intense, outrageous fear of flying. Gotta try to get over it. I was seeing a psychologist and trying to work my way through my fear of flying but then my life got too busy and I quit. The funny thing is that after the 9/11 disaster with the planes crashing in buildings I felt like I would be able to fly. I figured that the chances of another plane crashing and killing people was highly unlikely. As if the airplane crashing quota had been used up for a while. Makes no sense, I know, but then phobias don't make any sense to begin with. Go figure.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
02-12-2013, 01:28 PM
Right now I'm fearing getting in trouble with the school because I have missed 17 freakin' days.

Even though most are excused with a doctor's note.

I'm also afraid of missing any other days due to contracting the flu. I haven't gotten a flu shot yet and I need one. Every year I haven't gotten one, I get the flu 2-3 times. But I can't even get my flu shot this year because Obama sucks.

I am going to shrivel up and die. Sadcryface
04-12-2013, 09:07 AM
(28-11-2013 12:31 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  I fear a lot of things. Sleeping alone in the house. Cockroaches. Grasshopers. Normal stuff like that.

BUT. When it comes to phobias, well, I suffer from a quite rare one (I guess), emetophobia. It's the fear of vomitting. Experiencing it, seeing it, hearing it, anything. It has caused me serious panic attacks. I avoid drunk or sick people and I'm too careful with what I eat. The main reason why I don't want to have kids is because I'm scared I might get morning sickness.

No, it's not a joke. And it's not funny. It's the thing that has been haunting my life for the last 10 years. Whenever I watch a movie I'm scared it might have someone throwing up in there. Especially comedies. What's with that anyway? Since when is vomitting funny? On the other hand, it might be good because the constant contact with it has kind of made me "get used" to it and it doesn't scare me that much anymore in movies.

Trust me, it's not like watching a horror film. It's not the good kind of "scary". It's the "Fuck, I'm dying" kind.

And since I'm seeing a lot of people posting pictures of things people say they're scared of, now I have this irrational fear that someone will be insensitive enough to post something vomit-related, so I will avoid re-entering the thread and even if I do enter, I will go slooooowly, trying to avoid any contact with a possible reference to it. That's how bad it is.

I was going to tell you the bigger problem with kids and your fear, but don't want to go into any detail that might trigger your anxiety.

This is the signature.

http://www.FromNothingGameStudios.com
04-12-2013, 09:28 AM
(30-11-2013 06:39 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  That's because kids are stupid/immature and don't have a proper appreciation for dangerous situations, which develops over time as the brain develops the parts responsible for situational analysis.
Undecided
Oh thanks a gob for searing all my childhood memories to a crisp in your hellish psycho analytic bar-b-que. Sadcryface2 Laughat atheists suck

(02-12-2013 01:28 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  I haven't gotten a flu shot yet and I need one. Every year I haven't gotten one, I get the flu 2-3 times. But I can't even get my flu shot this year because Obama sucks.
I am going to shrivel up and die. Sadcryface

Bah - quit your whiny whining. Go to Walgreens and get your damn flu shot - it's only $10. Have your parents pay and if they don't, turn them in to social services for neglect. Drinking Beverage happy fucking holiday

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
04-12-2013, 10:04 AM
I have a phobia for drowning.

I have a fear that I will not find reality before I die. To say anything less would make me a liar. And a liar I am not. While I have made a lifetime of study and sought God or the Supernatural I cannot say I found either yet cannot deny life experiences either. I wish I could put it all into One Tidy Box and say I have all the answers - but I cannot. I blame my own mind for delusional thinking. I've made it that far at least.

My fear is that I will die and not find the answers I want before then.

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
03-05-2014, 04:42 PM
Thanks for yours answers. Now , I would like to know how do you deal with yours phobias.

How I deal with my phobias ?
1.To be lonely :
I work in mystery shopping since February 2014.
This is my first work. (I wait to find another work).
I'm paid btw 10 and 20 € by mission. (I did 10 missions).
That help me to resist againt this fear.
If you want to know the equivalent of my salary in your currency.
Go at : http://www.xe.com

2.Say what I am thinking in a conversation :
I think about words that I'll use before speak and I try to speak at a normal speed. Usually I speak faster than others people.

3.To make a stupid joke :

I avoid to make jokes to people who aren't my relatives or people that I don't know very good.

4.Ereutophobia :
I have this fear only 3 or 4 time in a year.
When I feel the blood in my face , I breath.
If I'm in a public place I have a hood.
Therefore it reduce the risk that someone
see that I'm brushing.

5.Psychopathophobie :
This fear is the worse that I have.
Imagine that you fear to lose the control.
imagine that you fear to insult people and
break all objects that you see because you're
so nervous.

This is the phobia the more difficult to manage.