What are yours fears and phobias ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-05-2014, 06:44 PM
RE: What are yours fears and phobias ?
I'm afraid of spiders and of flying, stinging insects. Oh, and swarming ants. Ants in a line are ok. Angry swarming ants... not okay.

A person very dear to me was badly hurt through a misunderstanding and miscommunication. For this, I am sorry, and he knows it. That said, any blaming me for malicious intent is for the birds. I will not wear some scarlet letter, I will not be anybody's whipping girl, and I will not lurk in silence.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-05-2014, 08:17 PM
Dogs... The oldest phobia I have. And I don't remember why. Just feel incredibly uncomfortable around them. Some I can get on with fine, but most I can't be in the same room with.

Spiders... I can tolerate them up to a point. Touched a fairly big one last night, just to test myself... And I survived!

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-05-2014, 08:33 PM
(03-05-2014 08:17 PM)Sam Wrote:  Dogs... The oldest phobia I have. And I don't remember why. Just feel incredibly uncomfortable around them. Some I can get on with fine, but most I can't be in the same room with.

Spiders... I can tolerate them up to a point. Touched a fairly big one last night, just to test myself... And I survived!

I was actually thinking of getting myself a tarantula, just because they're big and spidery.... BUT they're also big and furry, and a bit like little eight-legged... well... puppy-dogs. So I was thinking of getting one to get over them a little.

A person very dear to me was badly hurt through a misunderstanding and miscommunication. For this, I am sorry, and he knows it. That said, any blaming me for malicious intent is for the birds. I will not wear some scarlet letter, I will not be anybody's whipping girl, and I will not lurk in silence.
03-05-2014, 08:40 PM
Attention all pet lovers!
If you love your tarantulas, and wish them to continue living...
Keep them the hell away from me Gasp

Tongue

[+] 4 users Like TheGulegon's post
03-05-2014, 08:45 PM
(03-05-2014 08:33 PM)Charis Wrote:  
(03-05-2014 08:17 PM)Sam Wrote:  Dogs... The oldest phobia I have. And I don't remember why. Just feel incredibly uncomfortable around them. Some I can get on with fine, but most I can't be in the same room with.

I was actually thinking of getting myself a tarantula, just because they're big and spidery.... BUT they're also big and furry, and a bit like little eight-legged... well... puppy-dogs. So I was thinking of getting one to get over them a little.

Tarantulas don't actually bother me... Like you say, they're big and furry, like a sort of ugly hamster.

Its the thin, skeletal, undead looking things that freak me out.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Sam's post
03-05-2014, 09:10 PM
1) Any type of social interaction with strangers or superiors

2) and i know it will sound crazy to most of you but I am constantly afraid some sort of meat product will work its way into my food. [I have never been able to eat meat because for some reason unknown it makes me rly sick]
[+] 2 users Like QUELSQUELS's post
03-05-2014, 09:12 PM
(03-05-2014 08:33 PM)Charis Wrote:  

They sell beautiful ones (at least in my town) for only 15 bucks. I always thought about getting one as well but cant get over their creepy ass long legs
[+] 1 user Likes QUELSQUELS's post
03-05-2014, 09:20 PM
(03-05-2014 09:10 PM)QUELSQUELS Wrote:  1) Any type of social interaction with strangers or superiors

2) and i know it will sound crazy to most of you but I am constantly afraid some sort of meat product will work its way into my food. [I have never been able to eat meat because for some reason unknown it makes me rly sick]

It's understandable. Anything that you ahve an aversion to or that you have a negative reactio n to physically, you're going to be afraid of it getting to you. Sorry, I'm drunk for spelling. Or sorry for spelling; I'm drunk. Something like that. Sorry for spelling. I'm drunk. There. My point still stands though.

[+] 1 user Likes Charis's post
03-05-2014, 09:41 PM
Your spelling is forgiven! I agree with you and forgot to mention the fear of pain. But most people have to be afraid of pain right? I haven't seen that one on here yet but its gota be pretty high on mankinds list
[+] 1 user Likes QUELSQUELS's post
03-05-2014, 10:11 PM
(03-05-2014 09:41 PM)QUELSQUELS Wrote:  ...
But most people have to be afraid of pain right? I haven't seen that one on here yet but it's gotta be pretty high on mankind's list

Nah!

Just womankind.

Real men feel no pain.

Dodgy

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post