What are yours fears and phobias ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-05-2014, 11:03 PM
RE: What are yours fears and phobias ?
(03-05-2014 09:12 PM)QUELSQUELS Wrote:  
(03-05-2014 08:33 PM)Charis Wrote:  I was actually thinking of getting myself a tarantula, just because they're big and spidery.... BUT they're also big and furry, and a bit like little eight-legged... well... puppy-dogs. So I was thinking of getting one to get over them a little.

They sell beautiful ones (at least in my town) for only 15 bucks. I always thought about getting one as well but cant get over their creepy ass long legs

If you drop them they can burst...

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Sam's post
04-05-2014, 06:14 AM
(03-05-2014 08:45 PM)Sam Wrote:  Its the thin, skeletal, undead looking things that freak me out.

Spiders don't bother me. They typically don't fuck with things bigger than their web. These little fuckers creep me out but their primary food source is other insects so they get a pass. ...

[Image: centipede-1.jpg]

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
04-05-2014, 06:37 AM
I'm not phobic of critters, as such...

BUT

I do have a thing about personal space when I'm in my car.

That's MY personal space and there should be no bugs, spiders or other critters any where near the inside of said vehicle while I'm sitting/driving in it.

Much cheers to all.
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
04-05-2014, 11:43 AM
(03-05-2014 11:03 PM)Sam Wrote:  
(03-05-2014 09:12 PM)QUELSQUELS Wrote:  They sell beautiful ones (at least in my town) for only 15 bucks. I always thought about getting one as well but cant get over their creepy ass long legs

If you drop them they can burst...

My third grade teacher thought it would be a good idea to get her class a pet tarantula and only a few days into its new home some sissylala tried to hold it and got sacred dropped it. When it hit the ground my child mind remembers it shattering like glass }:
04-05-2014, 11:53 AM (This post was last modified: 04-05-2014 12:46 PM by Losty.)
I'm going to try to go in order if worst to least bad

Clowns
Snakes
Spiders
Other bugs
The dark
Adults in costumes or masks
Love
Rats
Bats
Cats

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
04-05-2014, 01:51 PM
(04-05-2014 11:43 AM)QUELSQUELS Wrote:  
(03-05-2014 11:03 PM)Sam Wrote:  If you drop them they can burst...

My third grade teacher thought it would be a good idea to get her class a pet tarantula and only a few days into its new home some sissylala tried to hold it and got sacred dropped it. When it hit the ground my child mind remembers it shattering like glass }:

I've heard of that too... You probably remember it right.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Sam's post
04-05-2014, 07:43 PM
What do you call the fear of stupidity.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
04-05-2014, 07:44 PM
(04-05-2014 06:14 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(03-05-2014 08:45 PM)Sam Wrote:  Its the thin, skeletal, undead looking things that freak me out.

Spiders don't bother me. They typically don't fuck with things bigger than their web. These little fuckers creep me out but their primary food source is other insects so they get a pass. ...

[Image: centipede-1.jpg]

House centepides are awesome.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
06-05-2014, 01:52 AM
(04-05-2014 07:43 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  What do you call the fear of stupidity.

Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load

It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled. ~Mark Twain
06-05-2014, 02:12 AM
I have PTSD, so the first few might seem odd to some, but they are very real.

Loud, unexpected noises.
Being held down.
Feeling trapped.

Sharks (But love the end of the movie Jaws - "smile you son of a"....) best part!
Spiders - Fear doesn't touch this one. Sheer terror!!

And werewolves.

**Yea, I know they are not real, laugh all you want. I somehow raised a son who loves them?! He has masks, drawings, and has watched every single movie they've been in. And, he teases me to death about it all the time. He's rotten!

It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled. ~Mark Twain
[+] 2 users Like CindysRain's post