What book should I send?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-08-2015, 12:45 PM
RE: What book should I send?
(13-08-2015 12:41 PM)julep Wrote:  
(13-08-2015 12:28 PM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  Also, a clarification, I'm not just doing this unprovoked to be a douche. This particular friend has been extremely vocal in criticizing my atheism and has gone as far as to give my phone number to her pastor so he could call me and "save" me.

This is merely payback.

Then you should (anonymously) send The God Delusion to your friend, ℅ the Camp Director. She'll get a lot of individual attention after that.

Just kidding, please don't do that: it would be incredibly mean and kind of dangerous for her. It is no fun to be singled out as an at-risk soul by one's coreligionists.

Yeah, I'll be sending it to her apartment before she leaves. My hope is that she'll just throw it in with all the other books people send her and not realize what she's reading until she's already started.

The thought of sending The God Delusion directly to her at camp did cross my mind, but I can only imagine the insanity that would ensue from Pentecostals seeing that book sent to her. They'd probably do some scary ass snake handling shit and end up killing her, sooo, no.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-08-2015, 12:47 PM (This post was last modified: 13-08-2015 12:57 PM by jennybee.)
I also like 50 Simple Questions For Every Christian by Guy P. Harrison
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
17-08-2015, 07:17 PM
Lovecraft's The Call of Cthulu with notes in the border like "Cthulu is God." "All hail Cthulu." "That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die". and anything else disturbing you can think. "Charles Manson was a prophet of Cthulu."

#sigh
17-08-2015, 07:35 PM
(13-08-2015 12:07 PM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  So, a friend of mine is going off to some "leadership training" place that is basically a 6 month long indoctrination camp for Pentecostals. She has already begged people for money so she can afford it (paying for your own indoctrination seems... extra wrong). Now that she has the money for it, she's asking people to send her their favorite books so she has something to do while she's not being indoctrinated.

SOOOO, I am turning to you, my fellow heathens, to make suggestions for a book I could send her. I'll be doing in anonymously, because it's going to be something like "The God Delusion".

AAAND GO!

Diatribes, Volume 1: 50 Essays From a Godless Misanthrope.
http://www.amazon.com/Diatribes-Volume-M...1497523338

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post