What came before God?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-06-2016, 08:38 PM
What came before God?
I was somewhere on the internet and found an interesting article which I thought I would like to share.

Link here:
http://www.godandscience.org/apologetics...d_god.html

It is about what came before God with an argument about God in a dimension where time does not exist therefore nothing has to have cause and effect and neither did God. With the absence of time in God's dimension, God didn't need a cause like everything in our time-existing dimension. That lead to another backfire argument from atheists that there could be a non time-existing dimension before the Big Bang too. In that case, the universe did not need a God. It did not need a cause. It's always been there.

Anyway, it's a good article worth reading and thinking a bit. Check it out and reply me with your arguments and thoughts about it.
Peace, Atheist.

Edit: Typing error
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-06-2016, 08:43 PM (This post was last modified: 13-06-2016 08:47 PM by Bucky Ball.)
RE: What came before God?
It's a waste of time.
Causality had to come from come from somewhere, even in this little fantasy world.
How can the god cause Causality, if the principle of Causality is not already in place ? Where did it come from ?
It DOES have to have cause and effect if that god creates.

In the fantasy world then if god created Reality (and how could it, if it ''existed" in ANY dimension ?) Where did the timeless dimension come from, the god lived in. What does ''existence" mean with no change ? It implies Reality is LARGER than the god they're talking about, and explains nothing.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
13-06-2016, 08:45 PM
The Matrix

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
13-06-2016, 08:46 PM
Cool story but needs more Saruman.

[Image: Saruman-villains-23624791-500-360.jpg]

There we go.
[+] 2 users Like Dark Wanderer's post
13-06-2016, 08:49 PM
Bob...
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
13-06-2016, 09:09 PM
(13-06-2016 08:49 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Bob...

I think I'm jealous of Girlyboy.
I wanna be the only begotten son of Bob.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
13-06-2016, 09:40 PM
Who made God? Obviously a caveman named Joe.

.... cue one person who gets that reference.
13-06-2016, 11:51 PM
(13-06-2016 08:38 PM)toantranhhs Wrote:  I was somewhere on the internet and found an interesting article which I thought I would like to share.

Link here:
http://www.godandscience.org/apologetics...d_god.html

It is about what came before God with an argument about God in a dimension where time does not exist therefore nothing has to have cause and effect and neither did God. With the absence of time in God's dimension, God didn't need a cause like everything in our time-existing dimension. That lead to another backfire argument from atheists that there could be a non time-existing dimension before the Big Bang too. In that case, the universe did not need a God. It did not need a cause. It's always been there.

Anyway, it's a good article worth reading and thinking a bit. Check it out and reply me with your arguments and thoughts about it.
Peace, Atheist.

Edit: Typing error
My thoughts? More attempts by poorly educated people to try to define away the problems with their myths. Are they providing any actual evidence to go along with their assertions? No? Than I can dismiss it without consideration or evidence.

If you have to plug your stories plot holes by creating entire new dimensions out of thin air... you have a shit story and your not a better story teller yourself, and that is all this is: attempts to fix plot holes with bald faced assertions.

People like that are eternally dull.

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
[+] 4 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
14-06-2016, 12:06 AM
I read God, science and apologetics in the link. I didn't bother going any further. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
14-06-2016, 12:19 AM
ok I don't know what time is in a scientific context but I'm pretty sure you'd be like a paused video if time didn't exist