20-03-2017, 10:03 AM
RE: What came before the Big Bang?
No worries, i was just joking. Big Grin

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-03-2017, 09:52 PM
(13-06-2016 01:50 PM)toantranhhs Wrote:  As being observed, objects in our universe are moving away from one point, and many other proofs that lead the the conclusion of the Big Bang theory. Theists always ask "then what came before the Big Bang? Exactly, God did it".

What came before the Big Bang? What's is your theory? I came up with this:

We all know that black hole actually is not a "hole". It's a very large amount of mass condensed into a very tiny volume and has really high gravitational force. Anything that comes close will be sucked in by that gravitational force and be a part of that bunch of mass. Black hole usually has the shape of a sphere because of its gravitational force.

What if there was a very big Black Hole before the Big Bang. As it took in more and more mass, it increased its diameter and its gravitational force. It took in mass until a point where its gravitational force could no longer hold all the amount of mass in a shape of sphere anymore because the diameter has got bigger that the radius its gravitational force could affect. Let's take a radioactive element, where the force of the nuclei can no longer hold its electrons in the orbit because its diameter has got too big to fit all the electrons. It starts radioactive decay which its nuclei loses energy. Could a Black Hole ever gain too much mass, its gravitational lost the effect and it exploded??? (At this point I'm not so sure with this theory because I can't find an explanation of the explosion). When the Black Hole exploded, all of its mass left its center and started moving away because the explosion force. Of course, each pieces of mass still had their own gravitational force. On their way away from the center, they attracted each other, one by one, and combined. The bigger their combination was, the more small masses they would attract and combine. From the level of atomic size, they combine after billions of years and form planets (at this point this theory doesn't explain the sun which this planet keeps giving out energy, a radioactive planet maybe?).

I just thought about this in a shower and want to see how you think about it. I do know that this theory has a lot of holes in it, so instead of pointing the obvious holes, try and complete the theory with some ideas maybe? Have a nice day!
So uhm....Where did the mass come from for the black hole to consume or take in....While we are at it; the black hole too?

faith in selfless unity for good
22-03-2017, 04:51 AM
(20-03-2017 07:43 AM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  
(20-03-2017 06:51 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Dark matter is needed to explain the rotational speed of galaxies.

Not necessarily. Some theories of modified gravity can also explain the rotational speed of galaxies.

There is also a relatively new theory that claims gravity is an emergent phenomenon not a fundamental force of nature. E. P. Verlinde's new Theory of Emergent Gravity provides an explanation for the observations currently attributed to dark matter without invoking dark matter.

Long thought gravity an emergent property.

(21-03-2017 09:52 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  So uhm....Where did the mass come from for the black hole to consume or take in....While we are at it; the black hole too?

faith in selfless unity for good

Are you looking for an answer or an argument? And why do I assume the second?

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-03-2017, 05:16 AM
As a genuine question: do we know/have theories on what came prior to the big bang?

For me, not knowing something is great, as you get to find out the answer, which Science is basically all about: Asking a question and then finding out the Why/How/When etc. [Instead of the garbage "oh you don't know...because it was the lawd almighty"]

"I don't do magic, Morty, I do science. One takes brains, the other takes dark eye liner" - Rick
[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post
22-03-2017, 05:21 AM
(22-03-2017 05:16 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  As a genuine question: do we know/have theories on what came prior to the big bang?

Math breaks down at the singularity. For an informed opinion, one must venture into the fringe: beyond the standard model

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
[+] 4 users Like houseofcantor's post
22-03-2017, 07:41 AM
The Big Crunch.

#sigh
22-03-2017, 05:44 PM
(13-06-2016 01:50 PM)toantranhhs Wrote:  As being observed, objects in our universe are moving away from one point, and many other proofs that lead the the conclusion of the Big Bang theory. Theists always ask "then what came before the Big Bang? Exactly, God did it".

What came before the Big Bang? What's is your theory? I came up with this:

We all know that black hole actually is not a "hole". It's a very large amount of mass condensed into a very tiny volume and has really high gravitational force. Anything that comes close will be sucked in by that gravitational force and be a part of that bunch of mass. Black hole usually has the shape of a sphere because of its gravitational force.

What if there was a very big Black Hole before the Big Bang. As it took in more and more mass, it increased its diameter and its gravitational force. It took in mass until a point where its gravitational force could no longer hold all the amount of mass in a shape of sphere anymore because the diameter has got bigger that the radius its gravitational force could affect. Let's take a radioactive element, where the force of the nuclei can no longer hold its electrons in the orbit because its diameter has got too big to fit all the electrons. It starts radioactive decay which its nuclei loses energy. Could a Black Hole ever gain too much mass, its gravitational lost the effect and it exploded??? (At this point I'm not so sure with this theory because I can't find an explanation of the explosion). When the Black Hole exploded, all of its mass left its center and started moving away because the explosion force. Of course, each pieces of mass still had their own gravitational force. On their way away from the center, they attracted each other, one by one, and combined. The bigger their combination was, the more small masses they would attract and combine. From the level of atomic size, they combine after billions of years and form planets (at this point this theory doesn't explain the sun which this planet keeps giving out energy, a radioactive planet maybe?).

I just thought about this in a shower and want to see how you think about it. I do know that this theory has a lot of holes in it, so instead of pointing the obvious holes, try and complete the theory with some ideas maybe? Have a nice day!

Well nothing could come 'before' the Big Bang as space-time did not exist.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
[+] 1 user Likes Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver's post
22-03-2017, 06:03 PM (This post was last modified: 22-03-2017 06:06 PM by John Derderian.)
Accidental double post, deleted.
22-03-2017, 06:05 PM
(22-03-2017 05:21 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(22-03-2017 05:16 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  As a genuine question: do we know/have theories on what came prior to the big bang?

Math breaks down at the singularity. For an informed opinion, one must venture into the fringe: beyond the standard model

Math breaks down at the singularity, but our physical understanding actually breaks down before that. Starting from the current state of the universe, we can extrapolate backwards in time using the Standard Model. Running the film backwards this way, the universe contracts down to a very small size, with very high energy density because it is all contained in a very small space. When the energy density gets high enough, we no longer trust the Standard Model, in part because we can't test it under those extreme conditions. We can't extrapolate beyond that point, so our understanding goes back to a point shortly after the singularity. Earlier than that we can only speculate.
[+] 4 users Like John Derderian's post
22-03-2017, 07:06 PM
Every black hole in this universe produces a white hole in another universe. This is where the Big Bang comes from.

And it's black holes all the way down, so don't ask.