What came before the Big Bang?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-07-2016, 09:57 PM
RE: What came before the Big Bang?
Conjecture is not fact. Science spits in the face of conjecture, and the concept of God is conjecture.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-07-2016, 10:08 PM
(13-06-2016 01:50 PM)toantranhhs Wrote:  What came before the Big Bang? What's is your theory?

There can be no "before" the big bang. Time exists only within our universe (and probably only within our minds). Using 'time' to describe "before" the big bang, brings infinite regression into the picture.

I am a MW advocate and believe that all possibilities exist. No before, no after, it just is.

"They think, therefore I am" - god
04-07-2016, 11:35 PM
(04-07-2016 09:46 PM)GoingUp Wrote:  
(04-07-2016 08:15 PM)Chas Wrote:  If what was 100%? Consider

If all energy and mass in the universe equaled 100% of the universe.

If it sums to zero that doesn't mean it's not 100% of the universe.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
04-07-2016, 11:46 PM
And actually, it takes 100% of the universe to establish the zero.

"They think, therefore I am" - god
[+] 3 users Like TechnoMonkey's post
07-07-2016, 07:00 AM
I recommend searching Georges Lemaitre (Primeval Atom).
07-07-2016, 07:16 AM
Back before the Internet theaters used to run a midnight special called "The Fantastic Animation Festival." This was the first place I saw "Bambi vs. Godzilla."

I remember one short film that started with a small dot. There was silence for a second and then BANG! and a cloud appeared from the dot and expanded rapidly. The camera pulled out as the cloud expanded and we could see it was our universe. But the camera pulled out faster than the cloud expanded and soon we saw that the dot was a rectum and the huge cheeks on either side were, in fact, the Ass of God.

Great stuff on acid.

Or so I've heard.
07-07-2016, 08:24 AM
(13-06-2016 01:50 PM)toantranhhs Wrote:  As being observed, objects in our universe are moving away from one point, and many other proofs that lead the the conclusion of the Big Bang theory. Theists always ask "then what came before the Big Bang? Exactly, God did it".

What came before the Big Bang? What's is your theory? I came up with this:

We all know that black hole actually is not a "hole". It's a very large amount of mass condensed into a very tiny volume and has really high gravitational force. Anything that comes close will be sucked in by that gravitational force and be a part of that bunch of mass. Black hole usually has the shape of a sphere because of its gravitational force.

What if there was a very big Black Hole before the Big Bang. As it took in more and more mass, it increased its diameter and its gravitational force. It took in mass until a point where its gravitational force could no longer hold all the amount of mass in a shape of sphere anymore because the diameter has got bigger that the radius its gravitational force could affect. Let's take a radioactive element, where the force of the nuclei can no longer hold its electrons in the orbit because its diameter has got too big to fit all the electrons. It starts radioactive decay which its nuclei loses energy. Could a Black Hole ever gain too much mass, its gravitational lost the effect and it exploded??? (At this point I'm not so sure with this theory because I can't find an explanation of the explosion). When the Black Hole exploded, all of its mass left its center and started moving away because the explosion force. Of course, each pieces of mass still had their own gravitational force. On their way away from the center, they attracted each other, one by one, and combined. The bigger their combination was, the more small masses they would attract and combine. From the level of atomic size, they combine after billions of years and form planets (at this point this theory doesn't explain the sun which this planet keeps giving out energy, a radioactive planet maybe?).

I just thought about this in a shower and want to see how you think about it. I do know that this theory has a lot of holes in it, so instead of pointing the obvious holes, try and complete the theory with some ideas maybe? Have a nice day!

Doesn't matter, QM really isn't pointing in any concrete direction, it could be either something or nothing. But the one thing science IS saying that IS concrete is that a magical super cognition with super powers is not needed as a gap answer.

"All this" is a giant weather pattern, and QM does make really freaky implications as to how this natural pattern evolved over time. But what we don't need in any of it to explain is a sky hero.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
07-07-2016, 10:06 AM
(25-06-2016 05:51 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(25-06-2016 01:42 PM)Anthony Morris Wrote:  I believe the Law of Conservation of Mass and Energy states that mass and energy can be neither created nor destroyed, therefore all of the mass and energy of our universe must have already been present before the Big Bang. The forms may have been different but they were still present.

Not if the sum of all mass and energy in this universe is 0.

So, the answer to the theist's question, "Do you expect me to believe that all of this came from nothing?" is YES! (?)
07-07-2016, 10:15 AM
(25-06-2016 01:42 PM)Anthony Morris Wrote:  I believe the Law of Conservation of Mass and Energy states that mass and energy can be neither created nor destroyed, therefore all of the mass and energy of our universe must have already been present before the Big Bang. The forms may have been different but they were still present.

The matter and energy could have come from another universe. Rough idea: Massive black holes in this universe are "white holes", or "big bangs" in a universe the MBH created. Time scales are just different. If that were true then every MBH could be creating another universe.
07-07-2016, 11:10 AM
(07-07-2016 10:06 AM)JakSiemasz Wrote:  
(25-06-2016 05:51 PM)Chas Wrote:  Not if the sum of all mass and energy in this universe is 0.

So, the answer to the theist's question, "Do you expect me to believe that all of this came from nothing?" is YES! (?)

Yes, if you consider both the states of nothing and something to both be temporary states, the fluxing between the two could go on forever without causing infinite regress. Just like a light switch can start "off" then be "on" or a while, burn all the energy back to "nothing" then another quantum twitch leads to another big bang. "Noting" in QM is unstable and cannot stay that way indefinitely. So yea, it is possible for something to come out of nothing.

But either way science has concluded that our old mythologies of human like deities as super heros we call "God" or "gods" are not necessary as a gap answer to what we don't currently know. It is ok to ditch the extremely improbable, just like it would be ok to ditch the idea that a giant invisible unicorn farted the universe into existence.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37