What came before the Big Bang?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-10-2016, 10:58 AM
RE: What came before the Big Bang?
Gawdzilla i reacently watched "how the universe works" which suggested the same thing i thought of before. Suppose the inside of a black hole can exist as a worm hole. The white hole exists as the opposite of the black hole and end up on the other side of the wormhole. This could mean that everything sucked into the balck hole (after having its atoms compressed due to gravity) would exist the worm hole. To take it one step further, if our universe came from this point, where was the begging of the worm hole? Maybe this was a previously barren universe before this event. That would mean everyblack hole opens a gateway to (or could even CREATE) another universe.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-10-2016, 11:12 AM
The even bigger silence?

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
21-10-2016, 02:57 PM
(13-06-2016 02:31 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  All things are not "moving away from one point"... they are moving away from all points.

It can be demonstrated using a balloon, and drawing dots all over it which represent galaxies.

If you pretend one of those galaxies is the center of the universe, as you inflate the balloon, you'll notice all the other galaxies expand away from that one you picked... however, the same can be said for any galaxy you pick. From its perspective, it will always appear to be the center.
I just saw this thread for the first time, so my apologies for replying to something posted months back. But I just wanted to add one thing to this helpful analogy. A balloon has a center and the analogy might mislead one to think that would correspond to a universe center. However, it is only the surface of the balloon that should be considered in trying to understand the universe. The universe does not have a center according to the current models. The universe is also not limited to 3 dimensions which contributes to the difficulty with trying to visualize this. Actually, it is believed that there are 10 or more dimensions.

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
21-10-2016, 03:46 PM
(13-06-2016 01:50 PM)toantranhhs Wrote:  As being observed, objects in our universe are moving away from one point, and many other proofs that lead the the conclusion of the Big Bang theory. Theists always ask "then what came before the Big Bang? Exactly, God did it".

What came before the Big Bang? What's is your theory? I came up with this:

We all know that black hole actually is not a "hole". It's a very large amount of mass condensed into a very tiny volume and has really high gravitational force. Anything that comes close will be sucked in by that gravitational force and be a part of that bunch of mass. Black hole usually has the shape of a sphere because of its gravitational force.

What if there was a very big Black Hole before the Big Bang. As it took in more and more mass, it increased its diameter and its gravitational force. It took in mass until a point where its gravitational force could no longer hold all the amount of mass in a shape of sphere anymore because the diameter has got bigger that the radius its gravitational force could affect. Let's take a radioactive element, where the force of the nuclei can no longer hold its electrons in the orbit because its diameter has got too big to fit all the electrons. It starts radioactive decay which its nuclei loses energy. Could a Black Hole ever gain too much mass, its gravitational lost the effect and it exploded??? (At this point I'm not so sure with this theory because I can't find an explanation of the explosion). When the Black Hole exploded, all of its mass left its center and started moving away because the explosion force. Of course, each pieces of mass still had their own gravitational force. On their way away from the center, they attracted each other, one by one, and combined. The bigger their combination was, the more small masses they would attract and combine. From the level of atomic size, they combine after billions of years and form planets (at this point this theory doesn't explain the sun which this planet keeps giving out energy, a radioactive planet maybe?).

I just thought about this in a shower and want to see how you think about it. I do know that this theory has a lot of holes in it, so instead of pointing the obvious holes, try and complete the theory with some ideas maybe? Have a nice day!

Two and a half men.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
21-10-2016, 04:09 PM
(21-10-2016 02:57 PM)Impulse Wrote:  ...The universe is also not limited to 3 dimensions which contributes to the difficulty with trying to visualize this. Actually, it is believed that there are 10 or more dimensions.

10 or more? Don't string me along, dude. Dodgy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
21-10-2016, 04:23 PM
(21-10-2016 10:58 AM)K1ngk14 Wrote:  Gawdzilla i reacently watched "how the universe works" which suggested the same thing i thought of before. Suppose the inside of a black hole can exist as a worm hole. The white hole exists as the opposite of the black hole and end up on the other side of the wormhole. This could mean that everything sucked into the balck hole (after having its atoms compressed due to gravity) would exist the worm hole. To take it one step further, if our universe came from this point, where was the begging of the worm hole? Maybe this was a previously barren universe before this event. That would mean everyblack hole opens a gateway to (or could even CREATE) another universe.

It would mean every black hole is the source of a universe of its own, but doesn't sort out what fueled the original "white hole".
21-10-2016, 04:26 PM
(21-10-2016 04:09 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(21-10-2016 02:57 PM)Impulse Wrote:  ...The universe is also not limited to 3 dimensions which contributes to the difficulty with trying to visualize this. Actually, it is believed that there are 10 or more dimensions.

Anybody with half a brane can see that.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
21-10-2016, 07:47 PM
(21-10-2016 04:09 PM)Chas Wrote:  

LOL, I thought this was the pseudoscience forum. Angel

Seriously, I admit that I wasn't sure of the exact number of dimensions, but I knew it was at least four. So I Googled it and found this. Is the website not correct? I saw some others saying it could be even 11 or 12 dimensions so I thought I was being conservative.

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
21-10-2016, 09:07 PM
(21-10-2016 07:47 PM)Impulse Wrote:  
(21-10-2016 04:09 PM)Chas Wrote:  10 or more? Don't string me along, dude. Dodgy
LOL, I thought this was the pseudoscience forum. Angel

Nope. This is the pun forum. Yes

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
22-10-2016, 09:19 AM
(21-10-2016 09:07 PM)Chas Wrote:  Nope. This is the pun forum. Yes
Now you're stringing me along - super. Dodgy
Wink