What can we do?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-01-2017, 11:43 AM
What can we do?
We're all very smart people on this forum.....well, there's a couple people that are one brick short of a load Dodgy ....anyway, what do you all think we should do to fight against trump and his lunatic insanity. This guy is almost a modern version of Caligula. I almost expect him to bring a horse into the Oval Office and name him the head EPA.

I've written to my senators with 12 signatures attached, also my Congressman, I've donated to Planned Parenthood, the ACLU, I marched in the Women's Protest. I've signed petitions to have his taxes released. What can I/we do? Give me some ideas. This guy's dangerous.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
25-01-2017, 11:48 AM
RE: What can we do?
I have also donated and marched. I have called a couple senators regarding Betsy Wetsy, and will be writing notes as well.
If you donate to PP, try and get it directly to the red state locations.

My friends and I have been texting back and forth trying to figure this out. What are our best next steps. We live in a very liberal state though, so we are trying to figure out how we can best use our energy and time since MA officials are already on our side.

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes ShadowProject's post
25-01-2017, 11:50 AM
At work.

Not an American.

My advice?

Get those lazy f@ckers off their @rses out and f@cking voting!
Not just at the Presidential level but local, state and Federal!

You can't kill the dragon. But you can sure ride that f@cker so hard that the beast will know when the people put the spurs in!
[+] 2 users Like Peebothuhul's post
25-01-2017, 11:51 AM
(25-01-2017 11:50 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  You can't kill the dragon. But you can ride that f@cker hard and put it away wet!

That's what she said.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 2 users Like JDog554's post
25-01-2017, 11:53 AM
Whatever it takes to get the votes for 2 years from now. That's our best chance.

I can't believe there is not more push for his taxes...

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 4 users Like Dom's post
25-01-2017, 11:55 AM
(25-01-2017 11:48 AM)ShadowProject Wrote:  I have also donated and marched. I have called a couple senators regarding Betsy Wetsy, and will be writing notes as well.
If you donate to PP, try and get it directly to the red state locations.

My friends and I have been texting back and forth trying to figure this out. What are our best next steps. We live in a very liberal state though, so we are trying to figure out how we can best use our energy and time since MA officials are already on our side.

I live in a liberal state too. Our senators are doing their best to push back against trump. I feel so helpless.

There's another march on tax day, April 15th, that's actually a Saturday so a lot of people can participate. I think a massive march is a visual reminder and has an effect on senators and congress men and women.

I sent the White House an email but somewhere I read they've shut it down. I've run out of things I can do.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
25-01-2017, 11:55 AM
I don't know what the fuck to do. I'm still in a state of shock from all the fucked-up shit he's doing. I honestly didn't think week 1 would be this goddamn bad. Fucking fucker

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
[+] 2 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
25-01-2017, 11:58 AM
I'm still astounded that we've actually elected the guy and the inauguration has happened...
[+] 1 user Likes Emma's post
25-01-2017, 11:59 AM
I'm cleaning my guns. Big Grin

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
25-01-2017, 12:09 PM
What I'm doing so far: donating to organizations like Planned Parenthood and NPR. I'm also trying to support responsible journalism by getting subscriptions to the New York Times and a couple of other papers, instead of just reading my 10 articles a month for free.
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post