What canus lupus familiaris thinks of homo sapiens sapiens

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-11-2014, 02:51 PM
RE: What canus lupus familiaris thinks of homo sapiens sapiens
(23-11-2014 02:38 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I was warned when I adopted the kitten to watch the Terrier mix so she didn't hurt him. But she is such a mom that it wasn't a problem. It's just any small critter that shows up in her yard that turns on her killer instinct.

That is interesting, I have been thinking about spider recently, but I think I should switch to dogs for a bit.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-11-2014, 05:01 PM
(23-11-2014 01:25 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(23-11-2014 12:45 PM)Dom Wrote:  Cats were domesticated because they catch mice, rats and other vermin.

Dogs seem to do that as well, but you are correct on that point.

It appears more likely Cats domesticated themselves by feasting on the vermin being easy prey in early sheltered civilizations. Humans actually took in these Doge's and connected to them to make them extra useful.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
23-11-2014, 05:15 PM
cats are little bundles of pure evil. Extremely dangerous. Kill on sight.

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.

You cannot successfully determine beforehand which side of the bread to butter.
23-11-2014, 05:19 PM
(23-11-2014 05:15 PM)Xinoftruden Wrote:  cats are little bundles of pure evil. Extremely dangerous. Kill on sight.

I think you missed the part where I said dogs kill more people a year than sharks, cats don't. The thing is cats seem to just do what they want and dogs try the be the best they can be.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
23-11-2014, 05:22 PM
A dog can't kill me by entering the room. A cat can thus in my completely irrational mind cats are evil.

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.

23-11-2014, 05:35 PM
Interesting- my cat is known to draw blood now and then but so far no deaths have been attributed to him.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
23-11-2014, 05:35 PM
(23-11-2014 05:22 PM)Xinoftruden Wrote:  A dog can't kill me by entering the room. A cat can thus in my completely irrational mind cats are evil.

I love my cat, I am not going to lie, I wake up every day to see here snuggled up next to me purring, or sitting on my bed waiting for me to wake up.

[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
23-11-2014, 05:36 PM
allergies. It's the same with horses, cows, pigs and most other animals

23-11-2014, 05:42 PM
(23-11-2014 05:36 PM)Xinoftruden Wrote:  allergies. It's the same with horses, cows, pigs and most other animals

Very well.

23-11-2014, 05:46 PM
This was mentioned on The Nature of Things a while back.

I've used eye movement in training for years now. It's a great tool, but success really varies from one dog to another. My Staffie knew to look at my eyes when I used a "pointing command" but orherwise didn't make much eye contact. My current pup is constantly making eye contact, and I can already tell him to leave the room and where to go with nothing but my eyes.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 2 users Like Stark Raving's post