What canus lupus familiaris thinks of homo sapiens sapiens

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-11-2014, 06:04 PM
RE: What canus lupus familiaris thinks of homo sapiens sapiens
(23-11-2014 05:46 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  This was mentioned on The Nature of Things a while back.

I've used eye movement in training for years now. It's a great tool, but success really varies from one dog to another. My Staffie knew to look at my eyes when I used a "pointing command" but orherwise didn't make much eye contact. My current pup is constantly making eye contact, and I can already tell him to leave the room and where to go with nothing but my eyes.

I always knew you had super powers.

Funny, if I raised an eyebrow I could control my kids. Doesn't work as well on the dogs. Big Grin

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
23-11-2014, 06:08 PM
(23-11-2014 05:01 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(23-11-2014 01:25 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Dogs seem to do that as well, but you are correct on that point.

It appears more likely Cats domesticated themselves by feasting on the vermin being easy prey in early sheltered civilizations. Humans actually took in these Doge's and connected to them to make them extra useful.

Dogs may have domesticated themselves also by cleaning up scraps (acting as hygiene patrol) and working security, warning of intruders.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 1 user Likes Hafnof's post
23-11-2014, 07:34 PM (This post was last modified: 23-11-2014 07:37 PM by Full Circle.)
60 Minute piece on dogs

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/the-smartest...the-world/

and canine intelligence test

https://www.dognition.com

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
23-11-2014, 08:02 PM
(23-11-2014 05:46 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  This was mentioned on The Nature of Things a while back.

I've used eye movement in training for years now. It's a great tool, but success really varies from one dog to another. My Staffie knew to look at my eyes when I used a "pointing command" but orherwise didn't make much eye contact. My current pup is constantly making eye contact, and I can already tell him to leave the room and where to go with nothing but my eyes.

Interesting. I have noticed that the mini schnauzer we got this summer will just stare at my face for an extended time in a different way than our previous labrador did. Its like he is studying me.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller