What caused your de-conversion path ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-05-2014, 06:08 PM
RE: What caused your de-conversion path ?
The catalyst was abuse.

I'm a brand new atheist and am kinda LEARNING THINGS for the first time in my life. It's amazing! I've become a sponge.

A person very dear to me was badly hurt through a misunderstanding and miscommunication. For this, I am sorry, and he knows it. That said, any blaming me for malicious intent is for the birds. I will not wear some scarlet letter, I will not be anybody's whipping girl, and I will not lurk in silence.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Charis's post
05-05-2014, 06:41 AM
RE: What caused your de-conversion path ?
(03-05-2014 03:21 AM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  
(01-05-2014 07:29 PM)sporehux Wrote:  So many ways people lose their religion, curious as to the most common,

I think I was about 13 or so. Maybe 12.

I did not have a religion and never really went to church as my parents were not religious. Although, my mother claimed roman catholic for the family and dad insisted he was Christian....LOL...same thing I know. At least I know now. It was not until I became an Atheist for real that I discovered they lied to me and they are both the same thing.

Anyway, It came to me while I was in bed and could not sleep. Its simple logic.

No Magic, No supernatural, Science can or will be able to explain everything because that is the direction we are heading = No god.

What cemented it was the stories in the bible were so stupid, that only a retard could believe them. The first one I realized was total and complete fucking bullshit is Noah.....yeah...

The list is so long, I do not have time to write it all out right now.

Yes, Noah is the most blatantly obvious piece of bullshit in the pile.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply