What cell phone should I buy?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-01-2016, 04:37 AM
What cell phone should I buy?
Hi guys.
My dad put money into my account yesterday which allowed me to pay three bills. I now have enough to buy a modren cell phone.
I have had a Samsung for 6 years and it has been great but is beginning to die. My brother is an iphone freak. He really wants me to get one. But the latest iphone has 16 gb as opposed to Samsung's 32. A 12 pixel camera as opposed to Samsungs 18 etc etc.

I can get each on ebay for approx' the same price.

What do you guys think?

I like having loads of music on my phone because I burn through music so fast and 16 just doesn't seem enough. I have that much on my old android and that is not nearly enough. I am constantly deleting music as I hear it, learn it, tire of it.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-01-2016, 04:47 AM
RE: What cell phone should I buy?
Whenever one option is Apple, the default is the alternative. Angel

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
21-01-2016, 04:48 AM (This post was last modified: 21-01-2016 06:21 AM by DunkleSeele.)
Don't buy an iPhone because... well, because Apple is overpriced crap.

If you're thinking about the Samsung S6, don't buy it either. With the S6 series, Samsung pulled exactly the same trick Apple have always pulled on their customers: no slot for an SD card, that is, you can't expand the storage capacity.

My suggestion: find a Galaxy S4 or S5; they can be found new for a very good price and they both support Android 5. You can then buy an additional micro-SD card and get up to 128 GB additional memory.
Or buy a Huawei G8. I bought one as a Christmas gift to my sister and it's a very good phone at a very good price.

EDIT: The Huawei G8 also has a slot for a MicroSD card, which can also be used for a second SIM.
[+] 5 users Like DunkleSeele's post
21-01-2016, 04:53 AM
Always match the phone to your needs. If you need loads of storage for music then you need to find a phone with expanded storage capabilities. Which seems to exclude Iphones from the lineup and apparently Samsung s6 too.
[+] 1 user Likes Nishi Karano Kaze's post
21-01-2016, 05:04 AM
(21-01-2016 04:48 AM)DunkleSeele Wrote:  Don't buy an iPhone because... well, because Apple is overpriced crap.

If you're thinking about the Samsung S6, don't buy it either. With the S6 series, Samsung pulled exactly the same trick Apple have always pulled on their customers: no slot for an SD card, that is, you can't expand the storage capacity.

My suggestion: find a Galaxy S4 or S5; they can be found new for a very good price and they both support Android 5. You can then buy an addtional micro-SD card and get up to 128 GB additional memory.
Or by a Huawei G8. I bought one as a Christmas gift to my sister and it's a very good phone at a very good price.

So glad I asked this question. Thanks to all so far. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
21-01-2016, 06:32 AM
I love my Android, Motorola Electrify, I've had it 3yrs, paid cash, no contract (got $300 discount) and it's still in perfect shape. When I do go to get my next hone I'll probably get the latest Galaxy series. I love Motorola phones. Brilliant color, HD clarity, tough/durable, extra antennas for better reception and connection. Well worth the money.

iphones are crap and Apple sucks.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
21-01-2016, 06:33 AM
iPhone:
Pros: Popularity and consistency from model to model allows for a much greater variety of accessories. If, for example, you want a fitness band that actually fits the phone, an iPhone is a good choice. App compatibility is also less of an issue since there aren't 10,000 different brands of iPhone, all with slightly different specs.

Cons: Memory not expandable. What you start with is what you get. Comparatively expensive, due largely to the lack of competition and the non open source nature of their operating system.

Pro or con,, depending on your perspective: iTunes

Droid:
More powerful for less money. You will almost always get a theoretically superior product than with a similarly priced iPhone. Open source allows for more options when hacking your own system, if you're into that. Many models have expandable memory. My phone started with more memory than an iPhone, plus I can just throw a relatively cheap memory card in there and expand if I feel the need. You can still sync audio from iTunes with the help of an app, but not video (not without a bit of hacking, anyway). You will be perceived as smarter by nerds, who view the iPhone as the choice for people who are computer illiterate and need the overpriced user friendliness Tongue

Cons: Inconsistency means more compatibility issues with apps, especially if you get a less popular phone, and an increased likelihood of running into accessories that just don't fit quite right.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
21-01-2016, 06:43 AM
It is confusing my confused mind. Thanks everyone. I will take all into consideration am not in a hurry. Smile

Banjo.
21-01-2016, 07:14 AM
(21-01-2016 04:37 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Hi guys.
My dad put money into my account yesterday which allowed me to pay three bills. I now have enough to buy a modren cell phone.
I have had a Samsung for 6 years and it has been great but is beginning to die. My brother is an iphone freak. He really wants me to get one. But the latest iphone has 16 gb as opposed to Samsung's 32. A 12 pixel camera as opposed to Samsungs 18 etc etc.

I can get each on ebay for approx' the same price.

What do you guys think?

I like having loads of music on my phone because I burn through music so fast and 16 just doesn't seem enough. I have that much on my old android and that is not nearly enough. I am constantly deleting music as I hear it, learn it, tire of it.

I like my Samsung Galaxy SII and have no complaints.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
21-01-2016, 07:37 AM
My brother found a deal on the internet. A company called Sdeals would send a 7 inch tablet direct from China with 2 slots for simcards for only sixty dollars. He bought three of them and sent a pair of them here to me in the Dominican Republic. My thoight was to have a USA sim card and a Dominican one. But alas none of the three we bought will hold a charge for even half an hour. So if looking for cheapie choice don't look there!
[+] 1 user Likes DerFish's post