What cell phone should I buy?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-01-2016, 12:12 PM
RE: What cell phone should I buy?
I've had the Samsung Note 4 for past few years now and love it. I didn't buy the Note 5 for very same reasons DunkleSeele mentioned it, no SD card slot. Friend of mine recently got the ASUS ZenFone, yes ASUS Ohmy it's carrier unlocked and looks pretty decent and its way cheaper then Samsung and Apple around $200 range.

1 Like = 1 Prayer
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes izel's post
22-01-2016, 07:02 AM
(21-01-2016 04:48 AM)DunkleSeele Wrote:  Don't buy an iPhone because... well, because Apple is overpriced crap.

If you're thinking about the Samsung S6, don't buy it either. With the S6 series, Samsung pulled exactly the same trick Apple have always pulled on their customers: no slot for an SD card, that is, you can't expand the storage capacity.

My suggestion: find a Galaxy S4 or S5; they can be found new for a very good price and they both support Android 5. You can then buy an additional micro-SD card and get up to 128 GB additional memory.
Or buy a Huawei G8. I bought one as a Christmas gift to my sister and it's a very good phone at a very good price.

EDIT: The Huawei G8 also has a slot for a MicroSD card, which can also be used for a second SIM.

Thanks everyone. I went with the Galaxy S5. The Huawei was great but double the price. I got one off Ebay for a pretty good price.

Thanks for all your help. D.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
22-01-2016, 07:53 AM
(22-01-2016 07:02 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(21-01-2016 04:48 AM)DunkleSeele Wrote:  Don't buy an iPhone because... well, because Apple is overpriced crap.

If you're thinking about the Samsung S6, don't buy it either. With the S6 series, Samsung pulled exactly the same trick Apple have always pulled on their customers: no slot for an SD card, that is, you can't expand the storage capacity.

My suggestion: find a Galaxy S4 or S5; they can be found new for a very good price and they both support Android 5. You can then buy an additional micro-SD card and get up to 128 GB additional memory.
Or buy a Huawei G8. I bought one as a Christmas gift to my sister and it's a very good phone at a very good price.

EDIT: The Huawei G8 also has a slot for a MicroSD card, which can also be used for a second SIM.

Thanks everyone. I went with the Galaxy S5. The Huawei was great but double the price. I got one off Ebay for a pretty good price.

Good choice. The S5 also has the advantage of having an interchangeable battery, so that when in 2 or 3 years it will start degrading you can just buy a new one for $20 or so instead of having to send your phone to the service center and pay through the nose.
22-01-2016, 08:03 AM
(22-01-2016 07:53 AM)DunkleSeele Wrote:  
(22-01-2016 07:02 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Thanks everyone. I went with the Galaxy S5. The Huawei was great but double the price. I got one off Ebay for a pretty good price.

Good choice. The S5 also has the advantage of having an interchangeable battery, so that when in 2 or 3 years it will start degrading you can just buy a new one for $20 or so instead of having to send your phone to the service center and pay through the nose.

Or you can go for one of the 3rd party extended super batteries and turn your phone into something that looks like a little boat but has like quadruple the capacity.

With the droid I replaced last year, rather than let it become a paperweight or sell it for almost nothing, I instead deleted everything not media related except for the iTunes syncing apps and modifications and added the super battery, essentially turning it into an imitation iPod touch on steroids that can get like a week of heavy use on a charge.

The new phone I actually use for phone stuff, but since I don't waste its battery on media, it also lasts longer.

'Murican Canadian