What could be the perfect Trollportunity

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-10-2012, 07:26 PM
What could be the perfect Trollportunity
So at work today, I received an email from, the company safety officer of all people telling me all about a Bible Study that they plan on starting at lunch times at work.

Here's the email:

My Religionist Safety Officer at Work Wrote:Our first company lunchtime Bible study begins Thursday November 1, 12:00-1:00pm in {Meeting Room}!

The format for the study is very fun, interactive, and community-building. If you have been desiring an opportunity to experience family at the workplace, or a safe place where you can ask questions in community, this is it! It is open to employees of all spiritual backgrounds, denominations, and faiths. Anyone can attend. J

At this first meeting I will spend some time sharing more about what the study will look like, followed by a condensed Bible study to illustrate what we will do on regular weeks.

In my experience, I have known people from all walks of life who sincerely desire relationship with God. Christians and non-Christians alike ask questions like, “Can I really know that God loves me?” “Can I know confidently that I am going to heaven?” “How is the Bible relevant to my daily life?” “Can God really forgive and heal my past?” I am confident that God’s heart is to answer these questions. So come and join me! We’ll discover His heart together.

Remember, this is an off-the-clock and voluntary lunchtime meeting. Bring something to eat! Bibles are welcome but not needed (anything we read will be provided).

See you there!

My first thought of course is to show up to do a bit of trolling/asking questions that I doubt they can answer, but I am not sure if there could be repercussions. Then I realized that I switch to my new schedule next week, and only get a half hour lunch. Still, If one of the other atheists at my work decides to attend, what sort of questions do you think they should ask?

Contribute to the Community Resource!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-10-2012, 07:36 PM
RE: What could be the perfect Trollportunity
Question 1. Why do I have to bring my own lunch? Why can't manna be provided?
Question 2. How often and in what ways does the god of the bible violate Heath and Safety regulations?
Question 3. I am supposed to be working on a new Business Model but I keep thinking of the lillies of the field and can't focus on the morrow. What should I do?

Find all posts by this user
[+] 6 users Like DLJ's post
23-10-2012, 07:52 PM
"how come Jesus won't pay me to be here?"

"I'm from the Church of Satan; do I get to come, too?"

"if God's heart is answering our questions, what's his brain doing?"

Drinking Beverage Grab a cuppa' joe; sit-n-read my blog for a spell: www.vaweber.wordpress.com
[+] 1 user Likes Percepticon's post
23-10-2012, 07:55 PM
(23-10-2012 07:26 PM)Near Wrote:  Still, If one of the other atheists at my work decides to attend, what sort of questions do you think they should ask?

I would go to ask them about the pagan influence that makes up the majority of modern day Christian teachings: hell, the immortal soul, the cross, the trinity, the rapture, Easter and Christmas to start off with.

Then spurious scriptures like "He who has not sinned cast the first stone."

Then what the meek shall inherit, earth or heaven, the entire meaning of the 22 books of revelation and their comparison to older apocalyptic works like Daniel.
23-10-2012, 08:37 PM
Can God microwave a burrito so hot, even he himself could not eat it? *proceed to take a bite out of your burrito while you wait for the response*
[+] 1 user Likes PoolBoyG's post
23-10-2012, 09:41 PM
My 2c worth on this is that it's too risky for your sake to create a stir. Despite your humanitarian intentions, those who turn up won't thank you, because they'll all be god botherers. You have to work with them. They'll resent you and talk about you behind your back (many Christians make a habit of doing this). It could be quite unpleasant for you.
24-10-2012, 11:06 AM
1. Would you believe in god and worship him if there was no promise of eternal bliss in heaven?
2. Would you believe in god and worship him if there was no threat of eternal torture in hell?

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Vosur's post
24-10-2012, 11:11 AM
Now I want a burrito.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 2 users Like Stark Raving's post
24-10-2012, 12:17 PM

(23-10-2012 07:26 PM)Near Wrote:  My first thought of course is to show up to do a bit of trolling/asking questions that I doubt they can answer, but I am not sure if there could be repercussions. Then I realized that I switch to my new schedule next week, and only get a half hour lunch. Still, If one of the other atheists at my work decides to attend, what sort of questions do you think they should ask?

Look at your watch and ask, "Is Jesus ever going to return?"

(23-10-2012 07:55 PM)The Theist Wrote:  I would go to ask them about the pagan influence that makes up the majority of modern day Christian teachings: hell, the immortal soul, the cross, the trinity, the rapture, Easter and Christmas to start off with.

Then spurious scriptures like "He who has not sinned cast the first stone."

Then what the meek shall inherit, earth or heaven, the entire meaning of the 22 books of revelation and their comparison to older apocalyptic works like Daniel.

Hello Theist. I don't think I've met you yet. You've got one hell of a cool website.

http://thetheist.org/

I read your bio. Most people don't convert after being raised an atheist. What makes you think anything the Bible says is true? Do you believe in the Gospels?

Ed
Quote this message in a reply
24-10-2012, 12:36 PM
That guy is basically asking for his Bible study to be trolled.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]