Poll: could Obama have done anything better?
yes
no
[Show Results]

What could have President Obama done to save his re-election?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-10-2012, 01:16 PM (This post was last modified: 23-10-2012 02:07 PM by TrainWreck.)
RE: What could have President Obama done to save his re-election?
(22-10-2012 04:11 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  
(22-10-2012 03:38 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  Too bad you cannot describe what perfect policy the independent and critically thinking atheists can come up with.
Are you kidding? We atheists can't even conceive of a decent classification system!
I am concerned about that. I believe it indicates a lack of critical analysis on the part of atheists - top to bottom. And of course, because of my brilliant deliberation of a more accurate classification system, I am top dog atheist - respect the previledge, you enjoy of my exercises in reason! For most people are lucky if I give them any of my attention at all!

Scum, you are all scum!!!
BAAAAH-Hum-bug!!!
(22-10-2012 04:11 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  Seeing as how the dictionary clearly describes atheism as "a collective of politically independent, critical thinking geniuses" you'd think we could offer a political agenda based on our shared atheist political beliefs, right?
You are usually in contention to my theories, like most others, and will probably scoff at my theory that dictionaries are inaccurate because classification has been inaccurate. Certainly, atheists are aware that the definitions of words have evolved with respect to the cultural evolution during the course of dictionary publication. Certainly, atheists would understand that the coniving Christian bigots of the past were not afraid to censor dictionary definitions for the sake of stifling atheist organization???

You don't think that is possible?

You think that if it is possible, the editors have since then corrected any errors, and the definitions of "atheism," and "religion," and "secularism" are not inaccurate, because we know what a political organization is, and people who champion atheism are not looking to persuade government policy to reflect a better exercise of secularism in the government, because atheists understand secularism more accurately than the Christians??? No - atheists are not doing that in the name of atheism are they???

I bet the dictionary editors would be ecstatic to be the owner of my copyright - just ecstatic!

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-10-2012, 01:40 PM
(23-10-2012 11:44 AM)Vosur Wrote:  I've never said otherwise.

Then I don't see an issue with anything of these problems you have listed. As far as I can see, he has done as much as he could in those aspects.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
23-10-2012, 02:00 PM (This post was last modified: 23-10-2012 02:08 PM by Dark Light.)
(20-10-2012 10:59 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  End the illegal war in Afghanistan (OEF)
Work to either end the Fed, or at least make it transparent.
Work to either abolish, or at least minimize the "War or Drugs"

Start a new illegal war in Libya
Start forcing awful healthcare down our throats
Spend more than a trillion dollars
Not sign NDAA

These are bare minimums, just a few short items that are prereqs. Anyhow I will be voting for Gary Johnson in 2012.

Logica Humano Wrote:Troops are scheduled to be pulled out of Afghanistan by request of the Afghan government and NATO by 2014. The Fed is a necessity. The "War on Drugs" is being wound down.

We have been in Afghanistan for about 11 god damn years. We aren't doing shit other than pissing people off, hemorrhaging money, and getting young men killed. Even if I believed the 2014 schedule that is too fucking long. Not only that, but that 2014 schedule is complete and total bullshit. We will be there 50 years from now as long as our economy holds, just like we are never left Germany, Japan, or N. Korea. You are a fool if you beleive those deadlines, I have seen them come and go, they just push them back. The fact that you actually believe that the Fed is a necessity is laughable. That really shows how ignorant you are about economics. Also if you believe the war on drugs is being "wound down" then you are a total moron. Please support your ridiculous claim. I know first hand the escalation of the war on drugs, and that is all I can say about that. But please, show me figures that support your bullshit claim.

Logica Humano Wrote:He never started an illegal war in Libya. The healthcare bill was a smart move. Name a president who hasn't greatly increased the deficit. The NDAA bill is not a big deal.

He started the US involvement in the war in Libya, and it wasn't a small-scale involvement either, which was illegal without a declaration of war from Congress. Sure, if you want a Nanny State. Andrew Jackson. The NDAA gives the president the authority to take away your rights as a citizen. That is a huge fucking deal.

Logica Humano Wrote:That being said, I think there was a few things he could have done a little better. But, overall, every president could have done something better. It also seems to me like Gary Johnson would not be a proper choice for you, if you have ever bothered to look at his platform.

You think I just picked a candidate all willy-nilly? I have looked at his platform. His ideals match mine better than any other candidate that is running.

23-10-2012, 02:02 PM (This post was last modified: 23-10-2012 02:14 PM by TrainWreck.)
(21-10-2012 03:49 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  2) The problem is while running for president, you do not have access to classified information.

Yes, they do have security briefs. I think Obama began briefs when nominated, if not sooner because of his popularity. And I know I heard a report recently, that Romney began security briefs - probably befor the nominating convention.

Quote:Mitt Romney yet to receive security briefings
September 12, 2012|By Michael A. Memoli

WASHINGTON -- Mitt Romney has yet to begin receiving the security briefing typically afforded presidential nominees, his campaign said Wednesday.

The absence of a briefing is conspicuous at a time when foreign policy has emerged as a the focal point of the campaign, following the death of four Americans, including Ambassador to Libya J. Christopher Stevens, amid violent protests in the Middle East. Last week, in his speech accepting the Democratic nomination for a second term, President Obama charged that Romney and his running mate, Paul D. Ryan, were “new to foreign policy.”
Quote:Romney to get intelligence briefings

By Barbara Starr, CNN Pentagon Correspondent

The Obama administration is discussing the final details with the Mitt Romney campaign of how and when the first intelligence and national security briefings will be offered to the presidential candidate and his designated campaign officials.

Traditionally, candidates are offered such briefings by a sitting administration as soon as a nominating convention is over.

"We are finalizing preparations for the candidate briefings, but will not actually deliver a brief until after the GOP convention concludes. With regard to who will receive briefs, that's up to the Romney campaign," said Shawn Turner, spokesman for the director of national intelligence.

You know it sounds like your guy is total fucking tard!

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
23-10-2012, 02:08 PM
(23-10-2012 01:40 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Then I don't see an issue with anything of these problems you have listed. As far as I can see, he has done as much as he could in those aspects.
You may be onto something. Consider

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
23-10-2012, 03:42 PM
On the poll, I say yes. Every political leader could have done things better, especially those in America (in my speculative and totally unfounded opinion).

As to whether he could do something to remove protest to re-election, he could always pander to the religious and/or find god publicly... Has he resorted to that yet?

Honestly though; either way this wrecking ball swings, I'm fairly certain it's going to bring down some major buildings.

Anyway, I am a little more concerned with politics on this side of the globe at home; both parties are headed by total, outstanding imbeciles and nobody really seems to want either of them in charge.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
24-10-2012, 01:03 AM
(20-10-2012 09:01 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  wait wait wait back the truck up.

What happened? Did Obama do something to make his chances of re-election zero or something?
(Not following American politics lately)

You mean the last four years? Yeah, pretty much that's why he is behind. I think Romney is going to win--with about 80% confidence. There are a number of similarities with the 1980 election when Carter lost re-election. I don't think it will be a blowout like it was in 1980, but Romney I think can win convincingly.

Polls are starting to show Romney pulling ahead. And many polls are using 2008 turnout models of Dems vs GOP for re-weighting their data. There is no way the turnout will look like that in 2012. GOP voters are in a will-crawl-on-crushed-glass-to-vote mood. Dem voters who lived through their high of hope and change in 2008 are, well, let's just say the thrill is gone.
[+] 1 user Likes BryanS's post
25-10-2012, 07:31 PM
To interject, Obama is not stupid. He has a massive boat anchor around his neck, the economy. All Romney had to do was not look too scary, and he pulled it off. The only thing Obama could do was make Romney out to have horns and a spiked tail. He tried that spending 150 mill, didn't hold though. Say hello to President-elect Romney.

BTW, the dems took god out of the platform, then caved from pressure from Fox News. Pussies!!!

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
[+] 1 user Likes Thomas's post
25-10-2012, 07:38 PM
(25-10-2012 07:31 PM)Thomas Wrote:  To interject, Obama is not stupid. He has a massive boat anchor around his neck, the economy. All Romney had to do was not look too scary, and he pulled it off. The only thing Obama could do was make Romney out to have horns and a spiked tail. He tried that spending 150 mill, didn't hold though. Say hello to President-elect Romney.

BTW, the dems took god out of the platform, then caved from pressure from Fox News. Pussies!!!
What makes you so sure of the outcome? Consider

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
25-10-2012, 09:26 PM
(25-10-2012 07:38 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(25-10-2012 07:31 PM)Thomas Wrote:  To interject, Obama is not stupid. He has a massive boat anchor around his neck, the economy. All Romney had to do was not look too scary, and he pulled it off. The only thing Obama could do was make Romney out to have horns and a spiked tail. He tried that spending 150 mill, didn't hold though. Say hello to President-elect Romney.

What makes you so sure of the outcome? Consider

Because like many folks, he is convinced his political position is a lock.

And as lame as the whole "god" Platform thing was, that was just about the WORD God.. there was talk about faith and religion already in the Democratic platform, but they never used the word God.. Foxnews freaked out over that, yep, because what other faith could they be talking about.Bowing

"Love is hot, Truth is molten!"