Poll: could Obama have done anything better?
yes
no
[Show Results]

What could have President Obama done to save his re-election?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-10-2012, 09:11 AM
What could have President Obama done to save his re-election?
Considering what we know now, and the possibilities of progressive policy, put forth by the smartest of secular minds - what should Obama have done that would be the overwhelming popular policy advancing him to a second term without substantial protest?

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-10-2012, 09:20 AM
RE: What could have President Obama done to save his re-election?
(20-10-2012 09:11 AM)TrainWreck Wrote:  Considering what we know now, and the possibilities of progressive policy, put forth by the smartest of secular minds - what should Obama have done that would be the overwhelming popular policy advancing him to a second term without substantial protest?

Maybe if he hadn't bullshit his way into office the first time and then sold out to corporate America and then carried on doing everything George W. Bush did and more so?

That would have been a start. But then again who cares?

[Image: logo2.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-10-2012, 10:59 AM (This post was last modified: 20-10-2012 11:02 AM by Dark Light.)
Hmm....to earn my vote he would have had to have done the following

End the illegal war in Afghanistan (OEF)
End the illegal war in Iraq (OIF) *For real, getting everyone out, not just the most of the troops
Work to either end the Fed, or at least make it transparent.
Work to either abolish, or at least minimize the "War or Drugs"

Perhaps more importantly here is the things he shouldn't have did, but did anyway

Start a new illegal war in Libya
Start forcing awful healthcare down our throats
Spend more than a trillion dollars
Not sign NDAA
Not re-sign the Patriot Act

These are bare minimums, just a few short items that are prereqs. Anyhow I will be voting for Gary Johnson in 2012.

20-10-2012, 11:09 AM
(20-10-2012 09:20 AM)The Theist Wrote:  Maybe if he hadn't bullshit his way into office the first time and then sold out to corporate America and then carried on doing everything George W. Bush did and more so?

That would have been a start. But then again who cares?

Well, I'm getting the sense that there will be hell to pay, and the difference between what is coming and what was the Great Depression is that we have a better standard of living for more and the availability of disposable amenities.

But I am sure that there is an over population of inadequate people that is placing a tremendous burden on the economy, and they will not recieve the health care and welfare they believe they deserve. There will be suffering, but mostly at the lower end of the intellectual bell curve.

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
20-10-2012, 03:23 PM (This post was last modified: 20-10-2012 03:26 PM by Logica Humano.)
(20-10-2012 10:59 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  End the illegal war in Afghanistan (OEF)

Start a new illegal war in Libya
Start forcing awful healthcare down our throats
Spend more than a trillion dollars
Not sign NDAA

These are bare minimums, just a few short items that are prereqs. Anyhow I will be voting for Gary Johnson in 2012.

Troops are scheduled to be pulled out of Afghanistan by request of the Afghan government and NATO by 2014. The Fed is a necessity. The "War on Drugs" is being wound down.

He never started an illegal war in Libya. The healthcare bill was a smart move. Name a president who hasn't greatly increased the deficit. The NDAA bill is not a big deal.

That being said, I think there was a few things he could have done a little better. But, overall, every president could have done something better. It also seems to me like Gary Johnson would not be a proper choice for you, if you have ever bothered to look at his platform.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
20-10-2012, 04:42 PM
He could have got my vote if he came out and admitted that the office of president has no power any more. George Carlin was right. This country was sold off a long time ago.
20-10-2012, 05:58 PM
(20-10-2012 04:42 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  He could have got my vote if he came out and admitted that the office of president has no power any more. George Carlin was right. This country was sold off a long time ago.

It possesses power if its party is in control of congress, but that has been the same since the two parties began.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
20-10-2012, 06:45 PM
And now I'm going to explore immigration options...

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
20-10-2012, 07:05 PM
(20-10-2012 10:59 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  Hmm....to earn my vote he would have had to have done the following

End the illegal war in Afghanistan (OEF)
End the illegal war in Iraq (OIF) *For real, getting everyone out, not just the most of the troops
I would add at least three more points to that list.

Cut the military budget
Shut down the Guantanamo Bay detention camp
Re-establish the habeas corpus

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
20-10-2012, 09:01 PM
wait wait wait back the truck up.

What happened? Did Obama do something to make his chances of re-election zero or something?
(Not following American politics lately)

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]