What crazy youtube stuff have you heard

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-08-2012, 09:24 AM (This post was last modified: 30-08-2012 09:29 AM by Logisch.)
I find that anyone who wants to find patterns, WILL find patterns. Not because there's patterns, but because psychologically these people think they've found some wild pattern or revelation or something. They add things for reassurance to... well... reassure themselves that what they've found is this wild theory or idea or future telling.

Someone posted this on an atheist buddy of mine and his facebook page... I had to laugh.

Makes you wonder how many times these "wonderful revelations" of "end times" and "modern signs" have shown up ever since the crazy book was printed, eh?

"Look guys I realize this may sound crazy... and some other guys thought they had it right, but I've REALLY got it right this time." is usually how that goes.....

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-08-2012, 09:36 AM
I really wanted to listen to this guy, but I could feel my brain cells dying so I had to stop. Pity too, because I wanted to hear how God used the Super Bowl to prophesy that Barak Obama is going to cancel the election. Big Grin

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 3 users Like Erxomai's post
30-08-2012, 09:42 AM
RE: What crazy youtube stuff have you heard
(30-08-2012 09:24 AM)Logisch Wrote:  I find that anyone who wants to find patterns, WILL find patterns. Not because there's patterns, but because psychologically these people think they've found some wild pattern or revelation or something. They add things for reassurance to... well... reassure themselves that what they've found is this wild theory or idea or future telling.

Someone posted this on an atheist buddy of mine and his facebook page... I had to laugh.

Makes you wonder how many times these "wonderful revelations" of "end times" and "modern signs" have shown up ever since the crazy book was printed, eh?

"Look guys I realize this may sound crazy... and some other guys thought they had it right, but I've REALLY got it right this time." is usually how that goes.....

I had to stop at "How god used the death of Whit..." Blink

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
30-08-2012, 11:45 AM
Reminds me of Hemingway's idea to have a week of open season on humans. Angel

And what kinda self-respecting Jewish god is gonna use an American calendar?

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
30-08-2012, 11:52 AM
www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPLIwgnFk6c O_O

"You don't disappoint me.... I think your much braver than you may believe."
bemore

30-08-2012, 01:17 PM
Ummm...this made my brain hurt.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
30-08-2012, 03:36 PM
Co-prophet? That is the first time I've heard that term, I believe. We should all go into co-prophecy together and make money. This is the same dude who points out all the phallic objects all over to point out evils, or something like that. That vid was funny.
30-08-2012, 03:42 PM
[Image: wtf-what-did-i-just-watch.jpg]

[Image: pBvowKv.gif]
30-08-2012, 09:26 PM
White hole cosmology was introduced to me in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCK8y4RBeWI&sns=em

Not sure if this video has been posted before. I just find it particularly frustrating because so many people buy into it because it sounds scientific.
[+] 1 user Likes MrDoubtingThomas's post
21-09-2012, 12:51 AM
According to Koranic Science, the earth is flat, the sun is smaller than the earth, the moon is half the size of the sun and thats why the sun rotates around the earth...