What current Anime series are you watching?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-05-2014, 06:58 AM
What current Anime series are you watching?
I have just been scanning the current offerings on chia-anime.com, seeing what is going on. I tend to watch episode 3 & 4 of new series to see if there is some potential there. What are you guys watching?

Here are some I have my eye on:
* Break Blade
* M3: Sono Kuroki Hagane
* Black Bullet
* Soul Eater Not!
* No Game No Life
* Hitsugi no Chaika
* Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu Ka?
* Ryuugajou Nanana no Maizoukin
* Ping Pong
* Sidonia no Kishi
* Mekakucity Actors
* Akuma no Riddle
* Mushishi Zoku Shou
* Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou
* Kamigami no Asobi

I'm not enamoured by the animation style, but Ping Pong is looking like a bit of a stand out at the moment. Mushishi Zoku Shou also looks like it could turn into something interesting.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-05-2014, 07:33 AM
RE: What current Anime series are you watching?
I haven't picked up a new one ever since I finished "Code Geass" a couple weeks ago, but to be honest, I don't really like watching anime because they generally have too much filler content (this is especially true for the sh┼Źnen genre).

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
11-05-2014, 05:02 AM
Yeah, I steer clear of most of the longer series. Hunter x Hunter is still producing good content within that set, though I'm not currently up to date with it.

I'm still watching Mushishi Zoku Shou with interest. It's a kind of a series of creepy stories / character plays set around a main protagonist (the Mushi-shi) who polices the boundary between the world of the formless mushi and the world of humans.

Ping pong is still holding up . It probably doesn't require much explanation Wink

I have brought Miss 8 into watching No Game No Life, a series where two main characters are parachuted into a world where all conflict is resolved by gambling on the outcome of games. The One True God is one only one left standing after the great god wars. Being the god of games he has brought and end to war and violence by forcing people to polish their wit and wisdom rather than their swords.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
12-05-2014, 09:43 AM
I'm more or less caught up waiting for episode 7 of the current crop. Ping pong and Mushishi Zoku Shou are both holding up well and are my current picks. Here are a few others that I have been enjoying:
* Haikyuu - Another sports anime, this time Volleyball. This much lighter than Ping Pong but has something going for it.
* Isshuukan Friends (One week friends) - A girl forgets all of her friends, like clockwork, each Monday morning.
* Gokukoku no Brynhildr (Brynhildr in the Darkness) - A group of B rank witches escape from the medical facility that created them. Running low on the pills that keep them alive they are pursued by more powerful foes set on their destruction. Also they constitute a high school astronomy club.
* No game no Life - covered above.
* Break Blade - Mech suits operate as knights in a battle between kingdoms.

Some additional titles I'm still keeping an eye on are:
* Soredemo Sekai Wa Utsukushii (Still world is beautiful) - The Sun Kingship is thrust upon a teenage boy. This series tracks his romance with the rain princess. It includes attempts at political intrigue and complexity, but is pretty light on.
* Hitsugi no Chaika (The Coffin Princess) - A girl is on a mission to collect her father's scattered remains, for a proper burial... or possibly for retribution resulting in the destruction of all life.
* Akuma no Riddle (Riddle Story of Devil) - Intrigue in a series of one-off stories as the black class (a school club of highly trained assassins and counter-assassins) resolve their differences in blood and on school property.
* Mangaka-san to Assistant-san to - A very light but fun piece about a pervy Manga artist and the people who help him get to publication.
* Sidonia no Kishi (Knights of Sidonia) - Centuries after the annihilation of Earth by a strange alien race survivors on a massive semi-military ark-like vessel trek across the vast expanses of space with no clear destination while trying to avoid contact with the aliens that sent them on their way.
* Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei (The Irregular at Magic High School) - Magic High School is training wizards for high paying jobs in government and the public sector, but trouble is afoot. Terrorist organisations see magical ability as an unfair advantage and are backed by foreign powers who want to weaken the magical capability of the country and steal the latest magical research for their own use.