Poll: What year do you think atheism will become the global majority
Never
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
What date do you estimate atheism will overtake theism in the world population

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-09-2017, 08:28 PM
For many years now I've felt like the world is losing its religion quite literally. Polls around the world show a trend of fewer and fewer theists. So much so that in some countries atheism is the majority. However on the global scale theism still dominates atheism. We do see the young are far less likely to be theists, and the numbers of atheists there lend support to my idea that theism is dying. So the question is this at what year do you think atheism will become the majority on the global stage?

Developing ForDebating.com that I hope to populate with intelligent critical thinkers. You can follow updates at https://www.facebook.com/fordebating
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Coveny's post
07-09-2017, 08:54 PM
RE: What date do you estimate atheism will overtake theism in the world population
(07-09-2017 08:28 PM)Coveny Wrote:  For many years now I've felt like the world is losing its religion quite literally. Polls around the world show a trend of fewer and fewer theists. So much so that in some countries atheism is the majority. However on the global scale theism still dominates atheism. We do see the young are far less likely to be theists, and the numbers of atheists there lend support to my idea that theism is dying. So the question is this at what year do you think atheism will become the majority on the global stage?

I answered "never". I think religion is built into our genes. I also would not be surprised if we find humanity taking steps backwards from time to time.
[+] 1 user Likes BryanS's post
07-09-2017, 09:10 PM
RE: What date do you estimate atheism will overtake theism in the world population
Jesus will send a text.
"Decided I'm not coming back. Sorry. LOL".

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 8 users Like Bucky Ball's post
07-09-2017, 09:20 PM
I would love for it to be sooner than later, but unfortunately I think if it happens, it will take another 50-100 years for some of these older generations of old school hardcore believers to die out. I know that sounds harsh and I don't mean for it too. I just mean that many younger generations are embracing science and reason and are leaving mythology behind.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
07-09-2017, 09:21 PM
When the opium of people won't be needed any more and each and every person will have enough money not to just exist but live. Never in other words.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 3 users Like Szuchow's post
07-09-2017, 09:24 PM
Never. No
07-09-2017, 09:31 PM
When babies are born and raised in labs by robots.

'Murican Canadian
07-09-2017, 09:34 PM
Sometime far far away or never. Not this lifetime, anyway. We're still in the thick of it, and with trumps and kims in this world, we're backsliding.
07-09-2017, 10:04 PM
I answered never. But I might be wrong. On the other hand, the Nones keep rising in number, which none-ism might be a gate way to future atheism for many. many people seem to be drifting into a fuzzy sort of formless theism, a sort of dogma free general light species of theism, abandoning sect, and religions and their dogmas. Ietsism, a European phenomena noted some years ago. People no longer believe in a standard type of God, but can't seem to wrap their minds around full blown materialism.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ietsism

And the day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the supreme being as his father in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter
- Thomas Jefferson

Cheerful Charlie
[+] 1 user Likes Cheerful Charlie's post
07-09-2017, 10:23 PM

Thumbsup

[+] 5 users Like DLJ's post