What degree of abuse or threat is acceptable?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-04-2012, 08:37 AM
RE: What degree of abuse or threat is acceptable?
Leela who was Egor bullying? can you link to the posts please?

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-04-2012, 08:40 AM
FSM do you not see that he has not been bashed from the first moment on? As noone else is doing anything, the forum members themselves are trying to get him gone. I can understand that.
But anyway, this threat as far as I unerstood from the first post was not about Egor, Egor was just used as an example. So I am not going to discuss Egor specifically.

A set of rules counts from the moment it is put in place and not for what happened in the past.
So everyone would start from zero.
That is reasonable and not difficult to understand.

I did not critisize your advertisement rule, I just showed a complete rule set that has worked great in other places.

Do you try to understand or are you, right now, in a state of rejection?
Change is nothing negative.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Leela's post
08-04-2012, 08:44 AM
NeonMoment's intro thread was pretty horrible - I'd say that was bullying - but he got severely jumped up and down on, and she herself showed that she wasn't a fragile little butterfly who was gonna take the bullshit lying down - so it was more like attempted bullying. Although i'm pretty sure he saw it as himself doing his Christian duty - and he did eventually apologize if I remember correctly, so there are mitigating circumstances.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
08-04-2012, 08:47 AM (This post was last modified: 08-04-2012 08:52 AM by FSM_scot.)
We have already told you that he has done nothing that constitutes banning, Even under the rules you suggested he doesn't fall foul of them, but many of our other members do.

You said he is guilty of bullying, can you please link to the posts you feel he is bullying a member and if he is he will be removed.

08-04-2012, 08:54 AM
(08-04-2012 08:47 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  can you please link to the posts you feel he is bullying a member and if he is he will be removed.
um... not in current rules? consistency plz Wink at least get ratified with Luc. I think many of Egor's posts could easily be classed as bullying, depending how you read em, an no I'm not gonna go look em up Tongue, but then, as you say, in fairness you'd have to ban a bunch of us Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
08-04-2012, 08:55 AM
(08-04-2012 08:29 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  Making a thread where an opinion is given even if its clear to provoke a response is another thing many of our members do.

Can I pimp my LC thread here? Prophet of god/positive atheism/win. Cool

For me there's gotta be some spear-chucking. Unfortunately he who talks loudest gets heard; and it's prophetic times. Tongue

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
08-04-2012, 08:58 AM
(08-04-2012 08:54 AM)morondog Wrote:  um... not in current rules? consistency plz Wink at least get ratified with Luc. I think many of Egor's posts could easily be classed as bullying, depending how you read em, an no I'm not gonna go look em up Tongue, but then, as you say, in fairness you'd have to ban a bunch of us Tongue

Its in the revised rules that we are still working on. But bullying and threats are so rare that we've dealt with it on a case by case basis and have never felt the need to have it in any posted rules as its kind of a no brainier.

Thanks for understanding what I'm saying about how it goes both ways Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes FSM_scot's post
08-04-2012, 08:58 AM
(08-04-2012 08:34 AM)lucradis Wrote:  Eat candy.

[Image: gwyneth-paltrow%20(21).JPG]

On it. Thumbsup

[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
08-04-2012, 09:05 AM
(08-04-2012 08:55 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Can I pimp my LC thread here? Prophet of god/positive atheism/win. Cool

For me there's gotta be some spear-chucking. Unfortunately he who talks loudest gets heard; and it's prophetic times. Tongue

I have no idea what you just said but It feels like something that will be discussed amongst philosophers for centuries to come Tongue

08-04-2012, 09:08 AM
(08-04-2012 09:05 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  I have no idea what you just said...

Don't bother me, I'm eating candy.

[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post