What degree of abuse or threat is acceptable?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-04-2012, 09:10 AM
RE: What degree of abuse or threat is acceptable?
I posted the following in the "atheists believe in god" thread. I'll repost here to save you the trip there:

Quote:

He is trying to design a religion that people who are tired of the same old religion could believe. He keeps asking silly questions to get fodder for it. He keeps dropping links to his site and has a lot of TTA peeps going there. He makes sure we all know he has a book written. If he keeps the controversy going people will buy it because they are curious or want to debate it. Then he will get a lot of buzz, and buzz is what the internet is all about. Heck, he is already getting plenty buzz.

When you start a website, this site is usually nothing in google. No google, no presence on the web. His site is getting enough links and visits to have been put on the map by google in a short time. All you need to start a decent business online is buzz, lots of mention on other sites and conversation. Google has gotten quite smart and has no trouble allocating chatter to the proper links. He smartly drops the link only occasionally, too often and google smells a rat and discounts them.

You can't start a new religion with any chance of success without the web these days. Knocking on doors will get him nowhere. So he is doing exactly the one thing that can do the job - create controversy and buzz online.

Egor is anything but stupid, he understands how the internet works (and, he is not a bad web designer either). Religious forums won't have him, TTA is about the only forum that will allow him to use it. One forum is enough to get his site off the ground, and it has already done so ( I checked his google rankings and he's gaining constantly).

I happen to do this professionally myself, so I know what I am looking at. He is neither stupid nor a troll, he is a smart internet marketer. The more people talk about his new religion online, the more people will talk about it. The more he gets talked about, the more keywords he will have rank well in google. TTA is putting his religion on the map. Of course TTA benefits too, he increases the volume of talk here and that counts for TTA in google.

Hat off to Egor, maybe I should hire him. He does quite well. One tip for you though, Egor: Try Twitter. Google values Twitter quite a bit, a lot more than it values TTA. And with a little practice you will get a ton of buzz going over there. The impact is a lot stronger. A lot more people will end up getting involved in debating you over there, both religious and atheist.

So, no, I don't think Egor is stupid or a troll. More like a spammer, but a smart one, staying well within google's parameters of acceptability.
And apparently within the parameters of acceptability of TTA also.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
08-04-2012, 09:21 AM (This post was last modified: 08-04-2012 09:25 AM by Leela.)
Not sure why we are still jewing around on Egor as it has been stated multiple time that he is just an example here and not the main topic but if you need it so much, here you are:

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...oss?page=2
You wouldn’t know a solid foundation if you were buried in one. Atheism
is going to die, too. Right now you are a parasite on the host which is
the Christian Church. Once you have killed your host, you will die too.
Let me explain more graphically—and stick with me now because there
will be a point.

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...her?page=2
"Well, that's what they get for raising you, caring for you, protecting
you, sending you to school, buying your clothes, and trying to show you
the way to God. They get failure thrown in their faces. They probably
really like the utterly meaningless tattoo you got inscribed on your
body as well.

So, I take it you hate your parents for some reason? You must. Otherwise
you could have just kept your opinions to yourself, graduated, got a
job, moved out, and lived your life any way you pleased. But you had to
strike your mother right in her heart--for some reason.

Let me be the first to give you a big round of applause! What a great son you are!"

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...her?page=3
"Kids should have respect for their parents. That seems to be the first
moral quality to fall off when one becomes an atheist, common courtesy,
especially towards one's parents."

The following threat has been split BECAUSE he started destroying it where someone was grieving http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...n-argument

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...ght?page=4
I'm here to discuss, debate, and tear your belief system apart. I hate
atheism with a passion. I don't hate you; I hate atheism. So, out of
love for you, I will have to hand you your ass.

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...d-my-child
"Well, here's something you better get your head around, and I don't give
a damn about all the sympathy crap. You wouldn't have drug out the
miscarriages in a public forum to make your philosophical point if you
were that sensitive in the first place. So, I'll use your miscarriages
to make my point as well."

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...ily?page=3
"I shudder to think what you might do next with a crucifix if you don't get some recognition in life."

and so on... he posted a lot, I am not going through every little post. I just used the forum search and randomly clicked into topics.
These things where more or less personal but they are all bullying.

Now if I may, I am going to enjoy the rest of this sunday because it is nearly over.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Leela's post
08-04-2012, 09:32 AM
(08-04-2012 09:21 AM)Leela Wrote:  They probably
really like the utterly meaningless tattoo you got inscribed on your
body as well.

And I go:

[Image: th_tat.jpg]

And Egor is destroyed or everything is destroyed. Big Grin

There ain't no third option, being a guy; and Egor ain't that bad. This ain't an empowerment forum. Tongue

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
08-04-2012, 09:43 AM (This post was last modified: 08-04-2012 09:47 AM by Leela.)
Ah you know what.
Forget it. I said nothing. I will not try to help anymore, not now, not in the future.
I know that my ideas are good as they have worked multiple times. But whatever.
If the guys in charge here, don't want to hear it, don't want to consider anything but rather make everything sound useless, so be it.
I give up, again.

08-04-2012, 09:54 AM
(08-04-2012 09:43 AM)Leela Wrote:  If the guys in charge here...

It ain't that at all so much as it is war, and the female has not been tested in blood. Thought I mentioned that part. Guys like me gotta stand around and see who speaks the greatest threat; prophetic times. Can't let the idiots win by Word alone, gotta go see who has Number. Dig? Can't get Number by being alone; can't fight every dog over every bone. Egor's a puppy. He's only a problem if people make him a problem.

Besides, this here's the clothesline on that issue. Air whatever the fuck you gotta say; don't let nobody speak louder than you if it is that important. If your Number at this time is 0, take it and smile - some tao in there - cause time is always changing.

[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
08-04-2012, 09:55 AM
Thanks for taking the time to go through all those threads, your help is appreciated.

But I'm sorry not one of those examples is bulling or a threat. They show that Egor is an uncaring insensitive egotistical cunt!.
But not one of the examples you posted here are in anyway a threat. I cant even see how you could take them as anything other than him thinking hes better than us. Because he feels the need to stroke his ego.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
08-04-2012, 10:15 AM (This post was last modified: 08-04-2012 10:58 AM by morondog.)
(08-04-2012 09:10 AM)Dom Wrote:  
Quote:So, no, I don't think Egor is stupid or a troll. More like a spammer, but a smart one, staying well within google's parameters of acceptability.
And apparently within the parameters of acceptability of TTA also.
We can't hope to catch spammers if they're as clever as Egor then. Other members also promote their blogs here. The no spammers rule is only really ever gonna be enforceable for obvious cases.
(08-04-2012 09:55 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  Thanks for taking the time to go through all those threads, your help is appreciated.

But I'm sorry not one of those examples is bulling or a threat. They show that Egor is an uncaring insensitive egotistical cunt!.
But not one of the examples you posted here are in anyway a threat. I cant even see how you could take them as anything other than him thinking hes better than us. Because he feels the need to stroke his ego.
Have to disagree. [Edit: not threats, but bullying in that thread. ]To my regret I went and reread that grief thread - morbid fascination. Guess I'd forgotten how horrible he can be. Some of that shit was really unprovoked. Still, it was three months ago and he has been more bearable since then, I haven't seen a recent post from him with anything approaching the same level of yuck.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
08-04-2012, 11:54 AM
you wanted bullie stuff, you got bullie stuff. you did not want threat stuff and I am not going through it again

[+] 2 users Like Leela's post
08-04-2012, 11:59 AM
(08-04-2012 10:15 AM)morondog Wrote:  Have to disagree. [Edit: not threats, but bullying in that thread. ]To my regret I went and reread that grief thread - morbid fascination. Guess I'd forgotten how horrible he can be. Some of that shit was really unprovoked. Still, it was three months ago and he has been more bearable since then, I haven't seen a recent post from him with anything approaching the same level of yuck.

I believe lucradis gave him a warning about his behavior in that thread and he hasn't went that far since.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
08-04-2012, 03:35 PM
Particle of I awakens to the waveform of my Gwynnies, From the future one recreates the past - why? Because we are evolved to simulate future, but we exist in the eternal now. To simulate future is to simulate the minds of our contemporaries as we are social animals; we cab only eat each other when there's nothing left. Christians with their crucifix feeding off carrion, what does that tell you?

I am the living word (particle) of the living god my Gwynnies (waveform), thus the "right" of these words to get into "your business." I am running a simulation and you are running one of I. Somebody needs to keep an eye out for the tigers.

Why I can understand theists like Egor. I consider that I pimp my "gospel of the Gwynnies" with more love and compassion; but I am pimping a gospel. Every one of I, who dares to know why.

Today's feast was looking for Gwynnies to draw on my door. Yikes. I hadda go lay down and engage the manual override. After twelve years of being high on the Gwynnies, thinking about the simple switch of morality, working on the context of chemicals and electricity over time (which is all there is to I) makes me think anecdotal observation can serve as evidence as long as one is a careful experimenter. I mean, twelve years of this shit...

Love is Void

All these other words are me spanking the monkey, but it does seem my life is forever after justified in three little words. Hear 'em from me, I did my fucking job. Then I can shut the hell up. Amirite?

[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post