What degree of abuse or threat is acceptable?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-04-2012, 05:58 PM
RE: What degree of abuse or threat is acceptable?
(10-04-2012 11:50 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(10-04-2012 10:46 AM)Egor Wrote:  I don't threaten you with hell; Jesus Christ threatens you with hell. I simply agree with Jesus Christ.

There's a cop out. "Just following orders" says the trooper. Bullshit. What part of "thou shalt not credit evil" are thou failing to understand? Puppy needs some summer school. Angel
“But as for my enemies who
did not want me for their king, bring them here and execute them in my
presence” (Luke 19:27, NJB). WORDS OF JESUS CHRIST.

Look out everyone, Egor's out to kill us!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Mark Fulton's post
10-04-2012, 06:27 PM
(10-04-2012 05:58 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  “But as for my enemies who
did not want me for their king, bring them here and execute them in my
presence” (Luke 19:27, NJB). WORDS OF JESUS CHRIST.

Look out everyone, Egor's out to kill us!

I thought that was from a Parable about some King or something? I don't think it's actually said by Jesus, unless he's telling the Parable.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
10-04-2012, 06:28 PM (This post was last modified: 10-04-2012 06:32 PM by Lilith Pride.)
Jesus is telling the parable. It's also a really weird parable for the situation. Weird in general really. It's about a nobleman who desires to be king and leaves some money with all of his servants and returns as king then decides how to handle the servants. Really gruesome and unnecessary discussion just because he's talking with a tax collector.

If you're wondering, he rewards all the servants who made money on his coin. He punishes those who simply kept it and those who no longer have it (with death of course).

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
10-04-2012, 06:32 PM
(10-04-2012 04:08 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  I don't care whether you ban him or not. Seriously. Just let me, and others, rub his face in the dirt when he offends good people. By all means stand up for him if you think I have crossed the line, but don't take it personally if I disagree with you about him. I am in a war with "Egors," and I ain't backing down.

Seems fair enough to me.

I appreciate that I wasn't as traumatized by religion as you, Mark. Went to Lutheran School for 10 years, then I hooked up with Nietzsche and Sartre and it all just fell away like the Easter Bunny and Santa Clause. Guess it's just hard for me to find Egor even credible, I feel like Foghorn Leghorn whenever I read him. But have at him if you find it therapeutic. Keep it free of threats of physical violence and, more importantly, clever and entertaining. Wink

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
10-04-2012, 09:11 PM (This post was last modified: 10-04-2012 10:58 PM by Humakt.)
Seems far from fair to me tbh, Mark strikes me as a hypocrite, Hes been on this kick for a long time, in one breathe deploring bullying and threats and in almost the same breathe asking permission to rub dirt in Eror's face and declaring war on him, not to mention lying to him for sport. Of course I'll defend his right to be as hypocritical as he wants, in the same way Ive defended Eror's right to conduct himself as he has, which having spent several hours reading through his posts is of a higher standard than he's recieved. He's a little close to the knuckle for my taste but he has stuck to his guns and on the whole been civil about it. In return he has been insulted, on the recieving end of a torrent of abuse and Im most sorry to say a startling display of arrogance.

Nobody has to agree with him, bit branding those who disagree with you idiots is plain ignorant. And whereas its demanded the he accept evidence whilst at the same time dismissing out of hand his differing view is at best counter productive and disrespctful. A faith based few of reality, does not have to concede evidence, we all know that to pretend we dont is just willful ignorance, the worst kind of stupid.

Lastly, threatening of the rape of the girl friend and the disrespect of grieving incidents. They have both been totally misrepresented. Eror does not threaten to rape anyone, what he alludes to is the girl friend is a slut who it would be easy to fornicate with, and he specifiacally rules himself out of the fornication he alledges could be easy to obtain out of love and respect for his wife. So thats completely unfounded. Secondly, The grieving individual, was clearly bating, Eror called him on it, everyone had a massive shit fit, he apologised removed his posts only to have his apologies shouted down and his posts reposted. So that everyone could keep kicking on the different guy, even after the baiter all out admits to his baiting nothing changes. Also the baiters, post history is littered with threads and posts that are a literal torent of bigoted abuse. On the whole shameful.

But what the hey, we'll all be dead soon. Just disappoints me, if theres ever gonna be any head way those in opposition have to set a better example to follow - whats the point is swapping one bigotry for another.

I also dont find much compelling in what Eror is selling and at least in there formulation and phrasing his ideas are to my view flawed, but that doesnt matter so much. That doesnt mean I cant or indeed wont try and talk with him so that he can flesh out what he means so that I can perhap better understand what hes driving at and even if I dont agree with any of it it'll probably be interesting. But then thats the way Id talk to anyone.

Anywhoo, now Ive had your say you can all turn your spite on me for while or we could all just chill the fuck out and get on with what we're all purportedly here for and debate some stuff

PAX

Legal Disclaimer: I am right, I reserve the right to be wrong without notice, opinions may change, your statutory rights are not affected, opinions expressed are not my own and are an approximation for the sake of communication.
[+] 1 user Likes Humakt's post
10-04-2012, 10:07 PM (This post was last modified: 10-04-2012 10:21 PM by GirlyMan.)
(10-04-2012 09:11 PM)Humakt Wrote:  Nobody has to agree with him, bit branding those who disagree with you idiots is plain ignorant.

Ah, but branding people who believe in some bullshit promise of a postmortem preservation of identity as being a fucking pussy at best and delusional at worst, or maybe delusional at best and a pussy at worst, is something I can't help but do daily. Wink

[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
10-04-2012, 10:20 PM
(10-04-2012 10:07 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(10-04-2012 09:11 PM)Humakt Wrote:  Nobody has to agree with him, bit branding those who disagree with you idiots is plain ignorant.

Ah, but branding people who believe in some bullshit promise of a postmortem preservation of identity as being a fucking pussy at best and delusional at worst, or maybe delusional at best and a pussy at worst, is something I'm comfortable with. I can't help but do it daily. Wink
Thats all coolio, Im as much for your freedom of speech as anyone elses.

Legal Disclaimer: I am right, I reserve the right to be wrong without notice, opinions may change, your statutory rights are not affected, opinions expressed are not my own and are an approximation for the sake of communication.
10-04-2012, 10:28 PM (This post was last modified: 10-04-2012 10:42 PM by GirlyMan.)
(10-04-2012 10:20 PM)Humakt Wrote:  
(10-04-2012 10:07 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Ah, but branding people who believe in some bullshit promise of a postmortem preservation of identity as being a fucking pussy at best and delusional at worst, or maybe delusional at best and a pussy at worst, is something I'm comfortable with. I can't help but do it daily. Wink
Thats all coolio, Im as much for your freedom of speech as anyone elses.

Ain't about freedom of speech to me. Only thing I give a shit about is the metaphysics.

10-04-2012, 10:41 PM
In an ideal world sure thats true and I agree, but in an enviroment without freedom of speech no discourse of amy meaningful type is possable.

But it'd be good to find a good far out conversation.

11-04-2012, 02:29 PM

(10-04-2012 09:11 PM)Humakt Wrote:  Seems far from fair to me tbh, Mark strikes me as a hypocrite, Hes been on this kick for a long time, in one breathe deploring bullying and threats and in almost the same breathe asking permission to rub dirt in Eror's face and declaring war on him, not to mention lying to him for sport. Of course I'll defend his right to be as hypocritical as he wants, in the same way Ive defended Eror's right to conduct himself as he has, which having spent several hours reading through his posts is of a higher standard than he's recieved. He's a little close to the knuckle for my taste but he has stuck to his guns and on the whole been civil about it. In return he has been insulted, on the recieving end of a torrent of abuse and Im most sorry to say a startling display of arrogance.

Nobody has to agree with him, bit branding those who disagree with you idiots is plain ignorant. And whereas its demanded the he accept evidence whilst at the same time dismissing out of hand his differing view is at best counter productive and disrespctful. A faith based few of reality, does not have to concede evidence, we all know that to pretend we dont is just willful ignorance, the worst kind of stupid.

Lastly, threatening of the rape of the girl friend and the disrespect of grieving incidents. They have both been totally misrepresented. Eror does not threaten to rape anyone, what he alludes to is the girl friend is a slut who it would be easy to fornicate with, and he specifiacally rules himself out of the fornication he alledges could be easy to obtain out of love and respect for his wife. So thats completely unfounded. Secondly, The grieving individual, was clearly bating, Eror called him on it, everyone had a massive shit fit, he apologised removed his posts only to have his apologies shouted down and his posts reposted. So that everyone could keep kicking on the different guy, even after the baiter all out admits to his baiting nothing changes. Also the baiters, post history is littered with threads and posts that are a literal torent of bigoted abuse. On the whole shameful.

But what the hey, we'll all be dead soon. Just disappoints me, if theres ever gonna be any head way those in opposition have to set a better example to follow - whats the point is swapping one bigotry for another.

I also dont find much compelling in what Eror is selling and at least in there formulation and phrasing his ideas are to my view flawed, but that doesnt matter so much. That doesnt mean I cant or indeed wont try and talk with him so that he can flesh out what he means so that I can perhap better understand what hes driving at and even if I dont agree with any of it it'll probably be interesting. But then thats the way Id talk to anyone.

Anywhoo, now Ive had your say you can all turn your spite on me for while or we could all just chill the fuck out and get on with what we're all purportedly here for and debate some stuff

PAX

Thanks, Humakt, for taking an objective look at things before forming your opinion. That's a rare talent these days. By the way, what does the "PAX" mean?
Quote this message in a reply