What degree of abuse or threat is acceptable?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-04-2012, 07:25 PM
RE: What degree of abuse or threat is acceptable?
(06-04-2012 07:06 PM)Clint Barnett Wrote:  
(06-04-2012 05:43 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Hi Clint, are you referring to me complaining about Egor, or people complaining about me? LOL, or both? I dunno. I'm not going to heap it on Egor (the person) any more...obviously in some people's view it makes me come across as an asshole...a lesson I've learnt.
I guess a little of both more so of them complaining though, who cares if they view you as an asshole (unless they are buying your next beer). I don't think you are and if you were, at least you're not the whole ass. People are too sensitive and over protective of the religious. Each person has their way to deal with delusional people. Not a single method has been proven to work effectively. Then again, I'm not lining up to kiss another ass either. I'll offend every person with the truth when it's deserved Smile
Thanks Clint....and its not as though E. has been upset by my comments. He's too thick skinned for that.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-04-2012, 08:25 PM (This post was last modified: 07-04-2012 03:55 AM by Bucky Ball.)
Apology if this is redundant ... I can't possibly read all the posts about "he who must not be named".
These are the last 3 paragraphs from his site's front page. They speak for themselves. There's nothing else to say.
Run very fast.

Obviously, there is no ecclesiastical authority to do such a thing. The only possible authority would have to be directly from the Holy Spirit, Himself. In this sense, it is no different than the authority required by the first Gospel writers. It is said that the Holy Spirit guided them so they could record the Gospel without error. But it’s a fact that the identity of those writers is lost in history, so we can never know their actual motivations or qualifications. We only know their effect.

That same authority, in the same way, is given to the writer of The Veridican Gospel of Jesus Christ. People will read it and they will see God as a result of it. They will have an epiphany of the truth because of it. They will find Christ and become one with Christ as a result of reading and understanding it, and that will be its base of authority.

The Veridican Gospel of Jesus Christ is not a new Gospel. It’s a new vehicle for a Gospel that never dies. As Jesus said, “Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will never pass away.” Translations, cultures, and viewpoints change, so too the record of the Gospel must change, but the message and its effect remain unchanged.

Feel free to call him Evangelist Ed.
Ya got yer Mark, .. ya got yer Matthew, ..ya got yer Luke, ..ya got yer Thomas, and John.
And NOW, ..ya got yer ED ! Matthew, Mark, Luke, John and Ed. Isn't that special.

Since Mark F actually has a license, I'll defer the diagnosis to him.
No wonder it all makes SO much sense ! It's inspired. Now I get it.
Can someone explain what a "Bachelor of Science in Liberal Arts" means ?
Do I have to take a dick test to become a veridican, or can I just be grandfathered in ? It DOES mean "true dick", right ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
07-04-2012, 03:30 PM
I did read the first post
I did not read all 7 pages
but
here is my opinion

If it is about this forum only:
The rules are too soft, simple as that.
People who only come here to fight, give hate speeches, attack people, get personal, should be banned without exception. It's not a lot of work and it's not a bad thing to have a ruleset that allows admins/mods to act.
I am sick of Egor-discussions but here we go, because he is such a good negative example. Attacks, trolling, offending, hating, threatening, ranting....
I remember someone's analogy, here in the forum, a while ago, the one that was about a person in cucluxclan-clothing coming to a black church wanting to be treated all friendly like everyone else. Why does something like that have to be accepted?
I came here initially because it was a very friendly athmosphere where I felt fine posting and reading about questions and theories about religions and gods.
By now I am mostly avoiding exactly those topics and this forum has become no more than a place where I go when I wanna check what movies are interesting and what's going on with the best-seller list... Sounds real hard and I am sorry but if noone else says it, I do.
I still try to discuss or at least read some things, but there is by now, too much trolling going on in the most interesting topics, that I have to stay away in order to keep my peace.

It is very sad to see where this is going and even sadder that it feels like the forum team couldn't care less about this issue although it is being addressed so much lately.

So please, lucradis, and all the mods, just have a group chat and think about where you want to see this forum in a year or two and how you want to address and solve the problems. Right now it is going in the wrong direction. Sorry to say.

cheers

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Leela's post
07-04-2012, 05:14 PM
^ Well I don't think Christians and Atheists can be summed up as "KKK vs Blacks" because there are some really good Christians such as Kingschosen, however Egor hasn't stepped up to KS's level, or any level remotely close, apparently. (I'm not sure what level this forum accepts, because it clearly doesn't mind the kind of trolling Egor does everynow and then.)

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
[+] 1 user Likes Question's post
07-04-2012, 05:17 PM
(07-04-2012 05:14 PM)Red Tornado Wrote:  ^ Well I don't think Christians and Atheists can be summed up as "KKK vs Blacks" because there are some really good Christians such as Kingschosen, however Egor hasn't stepped up to KS's level, or any level remotely close, apparently. (I'm not sure what level this forum accepts, because it clearly doesn't mind the kind of trolling Egor does everynow and then.)
Our stance is that we are anti-censorship. Provided someone isn't spamming or threatening violence they are free to share their views.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
07-04-2012, 05:26 PM
(07-04-2012 05:17 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(07-04-2012 05:14 PM)Red Tornado Wrote:  ^ Well I don't think Christians and Atheists can be summed up as "KKK vs Blacks" because there are some really good Christians such as Kingschosen, however Egor hasn't stepped up to KS's level, or any level remotely close, apparently. (I'm not sure what level this forum accepts, because it clearly doesn't mind the kind of trolling Egor does everynow and then.)

Our stance is that we are anti-censorship. Provided someone isn't spamming or threatening violence they are free to share their views.

I understand that, however many people here think Egor has crossed a line.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
07-04-2012, 05:28 PM
(07-04-2012 05:26 PM)Red Tornado Wrote:  I understand that, however many people here think Egor has crossed a line.
Into spamming or violence? Or is the feeling that he has crossed the line in that he no longer deserves to be protected by the anti-censorship policy?

The more we know about people's views on the subject the easier it is to take them into consideration.

Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
07-04-2012, 05:31 PM
(07-04-2012 05:28 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(07-04-2012 05:26 PM)Red Tornado Wrote:  I understand that, however many people here think Egor has crossed a line.
Into spamming or violence? Or is the feeling that he has crossed the line in that he no longer deserves to be protected by the anti-censorship policy?

The more we know about people's views on the subject the easier it is to take them into consideration.

Spamming and violence, most likely. (From what I've read from a selection of Egor's own posts and people commenting on those posts in parts of this topic and others.)

07-04-2012, 05:40 PM
(07-04-2012 05:31 PM)Red Tornado Wrote:  Spamming and violence, most likely. (From what I've read from a selection of Egor's own posts and people commenting on those posts in parts of this topic and others.)
As far as spamming goes he doesn't create reams of new threads, he only creates a few. He doesn't post his views any more than anyone else, they're just more controversial. He has a link in his sig to his website but he didn't sign up simply to promote his site, he's barely mentioned his books let alone try and advertise them, and if memory serves correctly he even asked permission from the admin to have the link in his sig.

As far as violence goes the only time I've heard of it is when he supposedly threatened to rape someone's girlfriend but I don't for one minute think he said that. Most people defended him on that. I think he was saying the he could attract someone's girlfriend from them, it was the same kind of macho dick waving that most of us do occasionally. If he has actually threatened anyone at all (or is he does) then the best course of action would be to use the report button on the post, make a thread in the FMT section, or PM Lucradis or one of the mods. I've said before that if anyone has any reservations about something another member has posted then I'm more than happy for them to PM me.

Best
Worst
07-04-2012, 05:46 PM
(07-04-2012 05:40 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(07-04-2012 05:31 PM)Red Tornado Wrote:  Spamming and violence, most likely. (From what I've read from a selection of Egor's own posts and people commenting on those posts in parts of this topic and others.)

As far as spamming goes he doesn't create reams of new threads, he only creates a few. He doesn't post his views any more than anyone else, they're just more controversial. He has a link in his sig to his website but he didn't sign up simply to promote his site, he's barely mentioned his books let alone try and advertise them, and if memory serves correctly he even asked permission from the admin to have the link in his sig.

As far as violence goes the only time I've heard of it is when he supposedly threatened to rape someone's girlfriend but I don't for one minute think he said that. Most people defended him on that. I think he was saying the he could attract someone's girlfriend from them, it was the same kind of macho dick waving that most of us do occasionally. If he has actually threatened anyone at all (or is he does) then the best course of action would be to use the report button on the post, make a thread in the FMT section, or PM Lucradis or one of the mods. I've said before that if anyone has any reservations about something another member has posted then I'm more than happy for them to PM me.

Well making a topic saying that "Atheists do actually believe" seems like spamming to me, however I can accept that it may just be my personal view on if its spamming or not. I saw the comment, although I don't really think it was implying "attraction" it does seem out of line to me, such comments on who is going to hell, ect and rude comments when posting to a person who is having a hard time is concidered trolling to me. I actually did report once, however the rules of the site don't concider it a problem, so no action was taken. (Not trying to diss the mods. ^^Wink

[+] 1 user Likes Question's post