What degree of abuse or threat is acceptable?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-04-2012, 05:48 PM
RE: What degree of abuse or threat is acceptable?
(07-04-2012 05:46 PM)Red Tornado Wrote:  Well making a topic saying that "Atheists do actually believe" seems like spamming to me, however I can accept that it may just be my personal view on if its spamming or not. I saw the comment, although I don't really think it was implying "attraction" it does seem out of line to me, such comments on who is going to hell, ect and rude comments when posting to a person who is having a hard time is concidered trolling to me. I actually did report once, however the rules of the site don't concider it a problem, so no action was taken. (Not trying to diss the mods. ^^Wink
Haha, anti-censorship remember. You can diss the mods all you like Big Grin.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-04-2012, 05:50 PM
(07-04-2012 05:48 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(07-04-2012 05:46 PM)Red Tornado Wrote:  Well making a topic saying that "Atheists do actually believe" seems like spamming to me, however I can accept that it may just be my personal view on if its spamming or not. I saw the comment, although I don't really think it was implying "attraction" it does seem out of line to me, such comments on who is going to hell, ect and rude comments when posting to a person who is having a hard time is concidered trolling to me. I actually did report once, however the rules of the site don't concider it a problem, so no action was taken. (Not trying to diss the mods. ^^Wink

Haha, anti-censorship remember. You can diss the mods all you like Big Grin.

Nah. ^^ They've done nothing wrong, I was just afraid my post seemed like I was mad at the mods.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
07-04-2012, 05:51 PM
(07-04-2012 03:30 PM)Leela Wrote:  I did read the first post
I did not read all 7 pages
but
here is my opinion

If it is about this forum only:
The rules are too soft, simple as that.
People who only come here to fight, give hate speeches, attack people, get personal, should be banned without exception. It's not a lot of work and it's not a bad thing to have a ruleset that allows admins/mods to act.
I am sick of Egor-discussions but here we go, because he is such a good negative example. Attacks, trolling, offending, hating, threatening, ranting....
I remember someone's analogy, here in the forum, a while ago, the one that was about a person in cucluxclan-clothing coming to a black church wanting to be treated all friendly like everyone else. Why does something like that have to be accepted?
I came here initially because it was a very friendly athmosphere where I felt fine posting and reading about questions and theories about religions and gods.
By now I am mostly avoiding exactly those topics and this forum has become no more than a place where I go when I wanna check what movies are interesting and what's going on with the best-seller list... Sounds real hard and I am sorry but if noone else says it, I do.
I still try to discuss or at least read some things, but there is by now, too much trolling going on in the most interesting topics, that I have to stay away in order to keep my peace.

It is very sad to see where this is going and even sadder that it feels like the forum team couldn't care less about this issue although it is being addressed so much lately.

So please, lucradis, and all the mods, just have a group chat and think about where you want to see this forum in a year or two and how you want to address and solve the problems. Right now it is going in the wrong direction. Sorry to say.

cheers
I here you Leela. This is precisely why I tried to do something about him.

My suggestions, however, have backfired. I'm genuinely sorry if I have just made it worse for you.

So, I'm not sure what to suggest now, other than just ignore the people/posts that upset you.

Probably we each have to fight our own battles by using the ignore button.

I have to resist my natural inclination to support/protect/empathise with people like yourself when I

see you hurting (I hope that doesn't sound like I think I'm stronger or better than you).

Unfortunately there are sociopathic people in this world.

You have a right to put pressure on moderators. I want to divorce myself from that line. They are in a difficult spot, and I wouldn't know what to do if I were in their shoes.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-04-2012, 06:22 PM
You, Leela, here? What's really going on? Tongue

I've lost any impetus to defend him after his comments in the latest Egor thread. Figured he'd shoot himself in the foot sooner or later.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
07-04-2012, 06:55 PM
(05-04-2012 05:26 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Egor, and anyone like him, must be told to go fuck himself

Hahahahaha! How topical! Laughat

I just did this very thing!
And I was admonished, rebuked, and attacked...
...and finally told to go fuck myself, hahaha! Thumbsup
Beautiful. Big Grin

I salute the freedom to express on this forum, the width and breadth of which you will
find in no other beer forum at any price (no other forum I know of/give a shit about).

Word. Cool

[Image: 0832984001338019225.gif]
07-04-2012, 07:14 PM

I think that thread was clearly made to provoke a response, if we banned for that we would have to ban a number of our atheist members as well.

We can't have one rules for theists and another for everyone else.

And Leela trust me when i say the forum team are listening, And we have discussed it.

He hasn't broken any rules, if he had he would be gone.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
07-04-2012, 07:19 PM (This post was last modified: 07-04-2012 07:23 PM by Question.)
(07-04-2012 07:14 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  

I think that thread was clearly made to provoke a response, if we banned for that we would have to ban a number of our atheist members as well.

We can't have one rules for theists and another for everyone else.

And Leela trust me when i say the forum team are listening, And we have discussed it.

He hasn't broken any rules, if he had he would be gone.

I think the rules should apply to everyone, but thats just me.
Quote:Well making a topic saying that "Atheists do actually believe" seems like spamming to me, however I can accept that it may just be my personal view on if its spamming or not. I saw the comment, although I don't really think it was implying "attraction" it does seem out of line to me, such comments on who is going to hell, ect and rude comments when posting to a person who is having a hard time is concidered trolling to me. I actually did report once, however the rules of the site don't concider it a problem, so no action was taken.
I was trying to suggest that the rules could be better about these things.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
07-04-2012, 07:29 PM
And they do is the best part.
They aren't subjective like everyone keeps trying to pretend.
If they were this place would have so many more banned members then it has.
KC wouldn't be here. So many people complained about him when he first got here and he was no different than he is now.

We can't just pick on theists because we don't like what they have to say. That's really dumb. Like really dumb.

I fucking hate most of the shit Egor says. I really do, it's insensitive, it can be rude, and is usually pretty ignorant. But none of that is against the rules. Feel free to go read them to make sure I'm not lying.

Our rules are pretty lax. That's what makes this place what it is. You can let your gut out.

Most of the people here have no problem with this ever, and some only have a problem with it when they hear something they don't personally like. But the rules have been the same since day one. Only now are they changing slightly due to massive user increase.
I promise that if Egor had been here since day one, and had never threatened anyone, or genuinely spammed the forums, or gotten bored, he`d still be here today.

I didn't show up and go, "you know what we need? more megalomania-cal assholes" that would have been entertaining but completely absurd.

I'm not sure why this thread keeps getting new posts.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
[+] 2 users Like lucradis's post
07-04-2012, 08:23 PM
(07-04-2012 07:29 PM)lucradis Wrote:  And they do is the best part.
They aren't subjective like everyone keeps trying to pretend.
If they were this place would have so many more banned members then it has.
KC wouldn't be here. So many people complained about him when he first got here and he was no different than he is now.

We can't just pick on theists because we don't like what they have to say. That's really dumb. Like really dumb.

I fucking hate most of the shit Egor says. I really do, it's insensitive, it can be rude, and is usually pretty ignorant. But none of that is against the rules. Feel free to go read them to make sure I'm not lying.

Our rules are pretty lax. That's what makes this place what it is. You can let your gut out.

Most of the people here have no problem with this ever, and some only have a problem with it when they hear something they don't personally like. But the rules have been the same since day one. Only now are they changing slightly due to massive user increase.
I promise that if Egor had been here since day one, and had never threatened anyone, or genuinely spammed the forums, or gotten bored, he`d still be here today.

I didn't show up and go, "you know what we need? more megalomania-cal assholes" that would have been entertaining but completely absurd.

I'm not sure why this thread keeps getting new posts.
I would like to read the rules. Where are they?
07-04-2012, 08:26 PM
(07-04-2012 08:23 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  I would like to read the rules. Where are they?

The Rules Smile.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post