What did I say about tv? haha

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-03-2011, 02:19 AM
What did I say about tv? haha
Just lying in bed watching Dr. Phil about a young girl about to lose her hearing (etc. long story). The 11 year old sister said: "I believe that this is something God sent us to make ut stronger".

I need some Dexter, Glee or House. *sigh*

"Never underestimate how narrow-minded, petty and stupid people can be". Mark Fulton, forum member
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-03-2011, 03:46 AM
RE: What did I say about tv? haha
It saddens me every time I hear a kid so young say something like that. It gives them false hope and its irresponsible.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-03-2011, 10:02 AM

Ah, the great Sadist of Heaven.
How tragic a young mind is so warped as all that, so early in a life where they'll have plenty of opportunity to excuse as opportunity the horrors they face being god's latest strength workout, every time something whacked happens to them.
My only hope for the world on their behalf is that god created the little Masochist to be sterile.
Quote this message in a reply
04-03-2011, 09:38 PM
Well, god apparently is fine with interfering with peoples lives, so there goes freewill. And if freewill is gone, why didn't he directly manipulate the peoples minds, instead of changing them gradually and painfully?

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo

"Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do." - Voltaire
04-03-2011, 10:39 PM

talk show on AM Radio station today...

Today listeners got to call in and discuss what they thought were the major issues of the week. One caller was talking about Baby Joesph (brain dead baby on life support), and the caller didn't even specify what he thought should be done, but rather "we need to start thinking about our souls" the talkshow host was like "ahhhhhhhh... okay I'll let you have the last word Rolleyes" and this old guy (sounded old anyhow) rambled on about how doctors want to "harvest the organs" (what??!) and when asked he proclaimed that he would not donate his organs or want to receive them from other people because he wants to have a natural death, bla bla bla.

Get off your theist rocket ship! Welcome to planet fucking earth!
Quote this message in a reply
05-03-2011, 01:57 AM
(04-03-2011 10:39 PM)Free_Thinker Wrote:  Get off your theist rocket ship! Welcome to planet fucking earth!

No, no, no. Get back on your theist rocket ship and push the launch button. Bye bye. Hope you have a good planetfall somewhere where no man has gone before.

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.