What did Jesus forget to talk about?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-10-2013, 01:06 AM
RE: What did Jesus forget to talk about?
Spare the child and spoil the rod
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Andrew_Njonjo's post
04-10-2013, 01:49 AM (This post was last modified: 04-10-2013 05:24 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(04-10-2013 01:06 AM)Andrew_Njonjo Wrote:  Spare the child and spoil the rod

Hooray for Hugo Weaving!

V: We're oft to blame, and this is too much proved, that with devotion's visage and pious action we do sugar on the devil himself.

Baldy Fingerman: What does that mean?

V: Spare the Rod...

Beat_stick

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
04-10-2013, 09:52 AM
(04-10-2013 01:49 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  V: We're oft to blame, and this is too much proved, that with devotion's visage and pious action we do sugar on the devil himself.

Baldy Fingerman: What does that mean?

V: Spare the Rod...

Beat_stick

Yup. Jesus should have talked about Hamlet more often.

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
04-10-2013, 09:57 AM
Though shalt not take what is already total BS and make into even bigger BS (for people like Ray Comfort, Pat Robertson, etc.)

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
04-10-2013, 03:35 PM
Jesus: Hey guys, don't forget I'm only human and well past the time I die these folks are gonna twist my words around and say I was divine and also conden slavery and stoning. Love and peace bros.
05-10-2013, 08:47 AM
(03-10-2013 12:22 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  I'm trying to find moral lessons about things relevant in our time that Jesus and/or the Ten Commandments failed to address.

So far I'm only with slavery, war, racism, addictions, pedophilia and incest.

What would you add?

Actually, Jesus taught the Golden Rule, which undoubtedly covers slavery, war, racism, pedophilia, incest, and all injustices.

How can anyone become an atheist when we are all born with no beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were born this way.
05-10-2013, 09:18 AM
(05-10-2013 08:47 AM)Free Wrote:  
(03-10-2013 12:22 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  I'm trying to find moral lessons about things relevant in our time that Jesus and/or the Ten Commandments failed to address.

So far I'm only with slavery, war, racism, addictions, pedophilia and incest.

What would you add?

Actually, Jesus taught the Golden Rule, which undoubtedly covers slavery, war, racism, pedophilia, incest, and all injustices.

Free,
Could you do me/us the favor or reminding us, (or pointing somewhere), to exactly the major historical references/reasons you think there actually was an historical dude, we call Jesus ?

Jebus forgot to say ONE thing that was not completely and utterly culturally dependent on his own local and temporal position. Even one thing might give one pause. He was completely a product of his culture, (or at least the "meme" which was invented as "Jesus of Nazareth" was.)

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
05-10-2013, 09:37 AM (This post was last modified: 05-10-2013 09:51 AM by kim.)
(03-10-2013 03:45 PM)nach_in Wrote:  
(03-10-2013 03:42 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Same person, the chef's name was Caesar, no relation to the Roman.

There's some trademark infringement there somewhere, I can smell it

I find this exuberance disturbingly refreshing yet somehow, comforting. Consider

Thou art surely a fine lawyer. Bowing

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
05-10-2013, 09:53 AM
(05-10-2013 09:18 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(05-10-2013 08:47 AM)Free Wrote:  Actually, Jesus taught the Golden Rule, which undoubtedly covers slavery, war, racism, pedophilia, incest, and all injustices.

Free,
Could you do me/us the favor or reminding us, (or pointing somewhere), to exactly the major historical references/reasons you think there actually was an historical dude, we call Jesus ?

Jebus forgot to say ONE thing that was not completely and utterly culturally dependent on his own local and temporal position. Even one thing might give one pause. He was completely a product of his culture, (or at least the "meme" which was invented as "Jesus of Nazareth" was.)

That's all been done already on this forum numerous times, and my position remains the same. The evidence clearly suggests that a person named Jesus- whom the Christian doctrine is modeled after- lived and preached in Israel during the 1st third of the 1st century. He simply got too popular for his own good, and the Jewish leaders of the time- in fear of a war with the Romans- blackmailed Pontius Pilate into crucifying the man.

There's simply no good evidence at all to suggest he didn't exist. All available evidence suggests he did exist.

How can anyone become an atheist when we are all born with no beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were born this way.
05-10-2013, 09:55 AM
Jeeeeesusssss forgot to talk about.... the nature of editing.

Consider Or... maybe he did.... and it was ... edited.

Drinking Beverage

Fiction, people; just a reminder. Not like it's Star Trek, or anything.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein