What did Jesus forget to talk about?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-10-2013, 10:35 AM
RE: What did Jesus forget to talk about?
Jesus probably told someone to write down his description. Because, you know, people born in the Middle East tend to be fair skinned and have blue eyes Wink
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-10-2013, 11:25 AM
(05-10-2013 09:18 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(05-10-2013 08:47 AM)Free Wrote:  Actually, Jesus taught the Golden Rule, which undoubtedly covers slavery, war, racism, pedophilia, incest, and all injustices.

Free,
Could you do me/us the favor or reminding us, (or pointing somewhere), to exactly the major historical references/reasons you think there actually was an historical dude, we call Jesus ?

Jebus forgot to say ONE thing that was not completely and utterly culturally dependent on his own local and temporal position. Even one thing might give one pause. He was completely a product of his culture, (or at least the "meme" which was invented as "Jesus of Nazareth" was.)

Thanks. I just thought you might have a "pointer" to the one thread in which you felt you articulated the best, your thoughts, or in which one they were, over a series of posts, elucidated most clearly.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
05-10-2013, 11:29 AM
(05-10-2013 11:25 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(05-10-2013 09:18 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Free,
Could you do me/us the favor or reminding us, (or pointing somewhere), to exactly the major historical references/reasons you think there actually was an historical dude, we call Jesus ?

Jebus forgot to say ONE thing that was not completely and utterly culturally dependent on his own local and temporal position. Even one thing might give one pause. He was completely a product of his culture, (or at least the "meme" which was invented as "Jesus of Nazareth" was.)

Thanks. I just thought you might have a "pointer" to the one thread in which you felt you articulated the best, your thoughts, or in which one they were, over a series of posts, elucidated most clearly.

I can't recall where those old threads are, or what they were called. We had some great discussions back then tho. Learned some interesting and provocative points of view in those discussions from all those who contributed, including you and Mark.

Not sure if I am up for re-researching the topic again tho, as ... well ... it's been done to death and gotten a bit stale.

How can anyone become an atheist when we are all born with no beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were born this way.
06-10-2013, 12:50 PM
What did Jesus forget to talk about?
Jesus should have told his disciples to let others live their own lives.

"Laissez nous faire!"

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor will I ever ask another man to live for mine."
[+] 1 user Likes Crimson Flyboy's post
06-10-2013, 01:37 PM
(03-10-2013 12:22 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  I'm trying to find moral lessons about things relevant in our time that Jesus and/or the Ten Commandments failed to address.

So far I'm only with slavery, war, racism, addictions, pedophilia and incest.

What would you add?

As the great comedian Jim Jefferies has said:
"The Bible’s too wordy. The 10 Commandments are a load of shit. You don’t need all these things. The Bible should be one sheet of paper, and on that sheet of paper it should say: ‘Try not to be a cunt.’" Yes

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 3 users Like Erxomai's post
06-10-2013, 02:18 PM
(06-10-2013 01:37 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(03-10-2013 12:22 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  I'm trying to find moral lessons about things relevant in our time that Jesus and/or the Ten Commandments failed to address.

So far I'm only with slavery, war, racism, addictions, pedophilia and incest.

What would you add?

As the great comedian Jim Jefferies has said:
"The Bible’s too wordy. The 10 Commandments are a load of shit. You don’t need all these things. The Bible should be one sheet of paper, and on that sheet of paper it should say: ‘Try not to be a cunt.’" Yes

I prefer "asshole", is less sexist Tongue

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 1 user Likes nach_in's post
07-10-2013, 02:08 PM
http://www.smbc-comics.com/index.php?db=comics&id=1590
09-10-2013, 04:21 PM
Jesus forgot about not judging others.

No wait, he remembered - it's most of his followers that have forgotten. Dodgy

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
11-10-2013, 11:30 AM
(09-10-2013 04:21 PM)Impulse Wrote:  Jesus forgot about not judging others.

No wait, he remembered - it's most of his followers that have forgotten. Dodgy

Have you read Matthew 7 past verse 1 to verse 5? He said his followers are capable of judgment, and the HB calls multiple times for humans to exercise righteous judgment.

You and I judge others if we've served as a court witness or juror, to name but two examples.

And while we're on the subject, don't tell me for five seconds that the atheists on this forum don't constantly, constantly judge Christians from their friends and family on down the line... there are entire threads here where people judge Christians from a distance, without having any Christians respond, and without doing the courtesy of forwarding their judgments to the Christians concerned.
11-10-2013, 11:49 AM
(11-10-2013 11:30 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  And while we're on the subject, don't tell me for five seconds that the atheists on this forum don't constantly, constantly judge Christians from their friends and family on down the line... there are entire threads here where people judge Christians from a distance, without having any Christians respond, and without doing the courtesy of forwarding their judgments to the Christians concerned.

So, Pleasy... I think I'm seeing your point.

Christees can judge because you've found rules for doing so in your magic book.

But ... since atheists don't have a magic book.... atheists shouldn't be judging people who do have a magic book.

Consider

Fuck it. Guys, we need a magic book. Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post