What did Jesus forget to talk about?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-10-2013, 11:55 AM
RE: What did Jesus forget to talk about?
(11-10-2013 11:30 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
(09-10-2013 04:21 PM)Impulse Wrote:  Jesus forgot about not judging others.

No wait, he remembered - it's most of his followers that have forgotten. Dodgy

Have you read Matthew 7 past verse 1 to verse 5? He said his followers are capable of judgment, and the HB calls multiple times for humans to exercise righteous judgment.

You and I judge others if we've served as a court witness or juror, to name but two examples.

And while we're on the subject, don't tell me for five seconds that the atheists on this forum don't constantly, constantly judge Christians from their friends and family on down the line... there are entire threads here where people judge Christians from a distance, without having any Christians respond, and without doing the courtesy of forwarding their judgments to the Christians concerned.

Objection, Dune Poohbah.
Witnesses don't judge anything.
It's says that right here in my Church Lady pamphlet.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-10-2013, 01:54 PM
(11-10-2013 11:30 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
(09-10-2013 04:21 PM)Impulse Wrote:  Jesus forgot about not judging others.

No wait, he remembered - it's most of his followers that have forgotten. Dodgy

Have you read Matthew 7 past verse 1 to verse 5? He said his followers are capable of judgment, and the HB calls multiple times for humans to exercise righteous judgment.

You and I judge others if we've served as a court witness or juror, to name but two examples.

And while we're on the subject, don't tell me for five seconds that the atheists on this forum don't constantly, constantly judge Christians from their friends and family on down the line... there are entire threads here where people judge Christians from a distance, without having any Christians respond, and without doing the courtesy of forwarding their judgments to the Christians concerned.
Yes, I read the entire Bible, although it's admittedly a long time ago and I don't recall your Matthew reference. Chapter and verse please.

Even if you're right though, all you have done is point out yet another Bible contradiction since Jesus clearly says "do not remove the speck from another person's eye until you first remove the log from your own" (from memory - not an exact quote).

Personally judging someone else's character or action is different from executing a legal process.

Atheists do not have a deity telling them not to judge so your point about people on this forum is moot. Theists come here all the time just to express their judgment regarding atheists (know what I mean?)

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
15-10-2013, 05:33 AM
(03-10-2013 12:22 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  I'm trying to find moral lessons about things relevant in our time that Jesus and/or the Ten Commandments failed to address.

So far I'm only with slavery, war, racism, addictions, pedophilia and incest.

What would you add?

Thats because Jesus believed in slavery and pedophilia and he was born into incest family
Rolleyes what a sicko he and his family was.

http://www.answering-christianity.com/sa...in_law.htm

Heart cute
12-11-2013, 06:53 PM
(03-10-2013 05:32 PM)Airyaman Wrote:  Marijuana. Its been around forever, so it must have been OK.

Sad it's in the Bible Jebus says to chew it not smoke it .i can't recall the verse tho.

Heart cute