What did we just see?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-06-2013, 03:33 PM (This post was last modified: 12-06-2013 07:37 PM by Julius.)
What did we just see?
Skeptics get ready - especially Skeptics knowlegeable about guns.

Sometimes a video will make even experienced people misinterpret an event that they should be able to figure out quite quickly. Here, is present such a video which has perplexed a lot of people familiar with guns. In the Video, a Russian wedding guest plays "Russian Roulette" for the bride and groom before handing the pistol to a fellow wedding guest who tries the same and then blows a hole in his head. But...what did we Really See?

Hint: the dirty trick this guy played would have even impressed James Randi...it's really slick (and nasty, of course).

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-06-2013, 06:19 AM
RE: What did we just see?
Blanks, maybe?
17-06-2013, 12:23 PM
I saw him hit the gun....or something like that.

[Image: giphy.gif]
17-06-2013, 02:37 PM
According to news reports, the man claims to have emptied the gun of bullets, and shooting himself was just supposed to be a party trick to shock them. Obviously he didn't empty the gun, and when he pulled the slide, he loaded a round into the chamber. Luckily it was, reportedly, a rubber bullet, so it may not have been fatal. The guy was still in critical condition though.

If something can be destroyed by the truth, it might be worth destroying.

[Image: ZcC2kGl.png]
17-06-2013, 03:08 PM
don't know about you, but I see atleast two fucking idiots. only a dumbass puts a gun to their own head and expects to live.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
17-06-2013, 03:31 PM
(17-06-2013 03:08 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  don't know about you, but I see atleast two fucking idiots. only a dumbass puts a gun to their own head and expects to live.
I always thought Russian roulette is played with a revolver, you know, with the revolving piece inside Blink
A normal pistol kind of makes the point moot Consider
[+] 2 users Like Luminon's post
18-06-2013, 09:25 PM (This post was last modified: 18-06-2013 09:30 PM by Julius.)
I thank everyone who tried to figure out the trick...and don't feel bad if you didn't because the police and a lot of people knowledgeable about handguns ain't figured it out either. As a result, I think this guy may get away with attempted murder. The man who shot himself did so with a rebber bullet. Last we heard of him he was in the hospital and had suffered brain damage.

The Spoiler (Part 1)

During the first part of the trick when the guy with the gun puts the gun against his head, he first cocks the gun by pulling the slide back and then puts it to his head. Instead of pulling the trigger, he then decocks the gun by flipping the decocking switch which causes the hammer to d=fall, but the hammer is stopped by a hammer block from striking any bullet which may be chambered. This is typically how such pistols work.

However, even though there were bullets in the gun at all time, the gun owner does not actually chamber a round the first time he pulls back the slide and releases it. Thus, when the gun owner puts the gun against his head it doesn't actually have a bullet in the chamber!!! (He is cautious about his own life!) However, the second time the gun owner pulls back the slide and releases it, a bullet is drawn from the magazine into the chamber and the gun is cocked and ready to fire a live round. (and the Gun Owner could not help but know that the gun was now ready to kill)

Question is this: How can you tell that the gun owner never actually chambered a round before he put the gun to his own head? (seriously, you can tell he didn't...all the evidence is there in the video and it is damning)
19-06-2013, 08:27 AM (This post was last modified: 19-06-2013 08:45 AM by Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver.)
That ones a Darwin Award for sure, if he dies.

You see, Russian Roulette has to be done with a revolver, NOT AN AUTOMATIC PISTOL!!!

I'd have to examine the handgun used, but here's my guess. When he unholsters the pistol, it appears the magazine is not properly seated in the grip. If it has a live round in it, the cartridge will not be chambered when the slide is racked. When his 'friend' pulls it away from his head the first time, its a misdirection. The magazine is properly seated prior to the second attempt. At this point, the magazine can feed cartridges to the chamber, but the hammer falls on an empty chamber.

When the slide is cycled a second time, then the live round is fed into the chamber. When the trigger is pulled again, the gun goes off.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
[+] 1 user Likes Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver's post
19-06-2013, 08:47 AM
This is stupid. Both of them are retarded as this has nothing to do with Russian roulette. But you have already said this. What you didn't notice (anyone) is that exactly on 0:29 you can hear the "click" but HIS FINGER IS NOT ON THE TRIGGER! He clicked it with either a break, or something like that, but he NEVER touched the trigger in the first "attempt".

This would provide a significant enough evidence for his conviction for attempted murder, because he knew he was fucking around, then he let the other drunk idiot take the gun from him and actually squeeze the trigger.

But, as with anything else, this is most likely all set up. Also, who and why would use rubber bullets? Only riot cops use them, people use blanks or normal bullets. If it was a normal bullet, we would see the brain, if it was just a blank, only his ears might be damaged. I say fake, as is everything else like this on youtube.

A rubber bullet at this range would go through his head like it was a lead bullet...

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
19-06-2013, 10:33 AM
(19-06-2013 08:47 AM)Filox Wrote:  If it was a normal bullet, we would see the brain, if it was just a blank, only his ears might be damaged. I say fake, as is everything else like this on youtube.

A rubber bullet at this range would go through his head like it was a lead bullet...

The air projected through the barrel directly into the skull, will cause a blank loaded weapon to blow a good sized dent into a human skull. Take a blank loaded pistol and hold it up to a hardcover book (bible, perhaps) and pull the trigger. The book will not survive.

It's scary; it almost makes it seem as if a bullet makes a nicer, cleaner little hole. But hey, deciding which would be better; to die instantly from a bullet in the brain or remain a vegetable until the body is eventually taken out by an infected bedsore.

Either way, putting a gun (loaded or not) anywhere near a brain case is pretty fucking Neanderthal. Anyone thinking otherwise should not attempt to breed and pass on the moron gene which has obviously mutated to make you try this, thinking it would be fun or "funny". Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein