What did you do today?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-10-2016, 12:45 PM
RE: What did you do today?
I got a latte, then picked up my costume for Halloween. I've decided to go pretty cheap this year since I'm only staying home and giving out candy.

...So I bought a pumpkin t-shirt for like 6 bucks (which I'll just wear with a pair of jeans) and some leafy earrings (which I'm hoping won't turn my ears green Wink ) and a green ribbon to do something to my hair with. I also bought some make up to do some Halloween-y makeup stuff with. My whole costume this year cost under 15 bucks and I'm pretty happy with that Smile

Going to teach a yoga class in a bit, then watch The Walking Dead later Thumbsup
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-10-2016, 01:37 PM
I checked out of my hotel, took a taxi to my rig (semi truck), walked over to the sports bar, had a burger, walked back to rig. I've been down over the weekend because I'm sick.I went to a clinic and got some meds Friday but my voice still sounds like the Godfather on helium and i feel like shit. Sad
30-10-2016, 01:49 PM
Laundry load,
Fixed the fault on a friend's USB charger, no more blown fuses I hope.
Quick trip to supermarket for lunch stuff (onions, garlic and mushrooms).
Thought about tidying the place up . . . forgot that.
Made and ate lunch.
Walked to local shop for a chocolate/corn-flake cake.
Read.
Phoned friend to see how her cold was developing; she feels better, good.
Read some more.

Gawd, I'm knackered!

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
30-10-2016, 02:03 PM
Catching up here at TTA. We camped overnight close to home for a shakedown cruise of our new camping trailer. Drained the holding tanks and pulled the power cord out of the outlet in pouring rain (with a stick- it's 220V Ohmy ).
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
30-10-2016, 03:13 PM
I had a latte in a café nearby. I went back home and played some guitar, then I had a 2h walk in a nationalpark which had very beautiful autumn colors.
Back home, I just spent 3 hours finishing my dutch homework for tomorrow.
30-10-2016, 09:12 PM
I went to the sportsman's club and shot four rounds of trap. I also tried my hand at taking video of it with my new camera.
I'd post some if I could figure out how to edit it. Dodgy (I'm a total video n00b.)

After that we had the Trap Committee Luncheon and Patriots football extravaganza. Great food. Drooling

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-10-2016, 09:20 PM
Bagged some leaves, went to the store to buy Halloween candy, fixed an old heat register that wouldn't stay open, added more plaster to a deep patch on the wall, baked brownies, cooked some chicken and sauce, took a few measurements for something I need to build, extracted a busted hard drive from My computer -- in other words, a typical running-My-ass-off Sunday around here.

Currently decompressing with a metronome, a clarinet, and a simply terrifying passage from Holst's First Suite in E Flat for Military Band.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
31-10-2016, 09:45 AM
Been trying to bribe my tutor to take my (completely unnecessary and extremely tedious) IT test paper for me. She ain't budging, even after I offered her £100.

*Sigh* damned incorruptible educators these days, so much simpler when I was at school...
05-11-2016, 08:12 AM
I got witnessed to by a JW at a truck stop. I let the guy know right up front that I was not a believer. He asked what made me change my belief and I told him, the bible. I explained that the OT is a blood bath, filled with barbarism like slavery, child sacrifice, genocide, et al. I told him that I knew his church followers would deny a dying child a life saving blood transfusion. He wanted to know from where did I get my morals. I explained that we follow secular laws, that we can't follow biblical laws such as stoning disobedient children or killing people for not believing in Jesus (Luke 19:27). I told him that I have an innate sense of compassion for my fellow man, that I don't need a threat from above or below to steer my actions. He gave up on me after about 10 minutes. I frankly enjoyed the discussion. I hope you all have a pleasant weekend.
[+] 1 user Likes Captain Congo's post
05-11-2016, 08:20 AM
I bet you did enjoy it. I had to work with one who overshared his miserable life to me in the confines of a truck cab. His moral compass was so broken, I actually did my best to give him sound advice about his relationship with his wife.
[+] 2 users Like skyking's post