What did you do today?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-04-2017, 11:32 PM
RE: What did you do today?
After being heavily inspired by Kazuo Oga's paintings, I tried doing my own with Gouache.

And failed.

And tried.

And failed.

...I need to stop trying to force a masterpiece and work on actual practice >.>

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-11-2017, 10:51 AM
I revived this thread.

[+] 2 users Like GenesisNemesis's post
12-11-2017, 10:55 AM
No new posts in nearly a year? Come on, people!

12-11-2017, 11:15 AM
So far today...nothing. My body is telling me to rest. zzzzzzzzz....reading and naps are on the agenda today.

Friday night I went to a play at one of the middle schools (oldest granddaughter was in it). To say it was awful is being generous. Not that the kids didn't do a good job and I was impressed at the number of lines some had memorized and one sang a song and did well...it was the play itself that was bad...bad, bad, bad.

Summary...supposedly a parody of Game of Thrones with the characters being Disney princesses. Blink I was mostly confused and often annoyed by how fast some of the actors talked and one of main stars had a serious speech impediment...not a pleasant evening of entertainment for someone with hearing loss.

Yesterday was the end of the season show and awards for bonus granddaughter's drill team squad and the other two squads. My son and I are obviously masters of the quick exit as we were cars three and four leaving the parking lot.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
12-11-2017, 11:19 AM
First thing today, I walked down to the local convenience store and bought a cinnamon crunch bagel (yum). Since then, I've been listening to some music (Radiohead, Brad Mehldau) and reading (Ratzinger's Introduction to Christianity, believe it or not). Right now, I'm doing a side-by-side comparison of three different single malt Scotch whiskies from the Kildalton Coast of Islay (Ardbeg 10, Lagavulin 16, and Laphroaig 10). I believe the Laphroaig is winning, but it's too early to say.

I expect this is pretty boring to most of you -- and most of my days are like this. That's why I don't post in this thread much.
[+] 2 users Like Grasshopper's post
12-11-2017, 11:50 AM
Today I've posted in this forum, watched the Sunday morning news shows, and bought lunch, salads, and bananas at the grocery.
Hobo
[+] 1 user Likes Thoreauvian's post
12-11-2017, 11:51 AM
Grocery shopped. Did treadmill and bike while reading a book/watching CNN. Called my son at college to see how things are going (he's back on with his girlfriend...). Practiced sax and bass clarinet for this week's show.

Still to come: Nap!!! Then I have to research and write some program notes, memorize some vocal stuff, make dinner for my husband, then off to orchestra rehearsal tonight.
[+] 2 users Like julep's post
12-11-2017, 11:56 AM
Drank coffee, washed my ass, jammed out a little.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
12-11-2017, 12:11 PM
Programmed the local repeaters into my ham radio. Ate a steak at Fuddpuckers. Downloaded update to Laptop. About to do laundry. The excitement is killing me.
[+] 2 users Like Captain Congo's post
12-11-2017, 01:20 PM
I annexed the Sudetenland and invaded Poland. Big Grin
[+] 5 users Like Gwaithmir's post