What did you do today?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-12-2015, 09:15 AM
RE: What did you do today?
Feeling better today. Cold is on it's way out I think Smile Woke up early and took my dogs for a walk. Making pancakes for breakfast right now with blueberries. Going to work, then yoga later. Then sleep to try and get rid of what's left of my cold.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like jennybee's post
15-12-2015, 09:28 AM (This post was last modified: 15-12-2015 09:33 AM by jennybee.)
(14-12-2015 10:03 PM)bemore Wrote:  I have only just woken up, its 4 am here. I can tell you what I have planned for the day, if I achieve them is something different....

Finish surfing the web.
Breakfast.
Shower.
10 am go to my office.
Spin around in my office chair like a child.
See first client for weight loss.
Spin around in my office chair like an immature adult.
See my second client for smoking cessation.
Spin around in my office chair like a loon.
Record some hypnotherapy MP3's
Go home.
Eat.
Edit MP3's whilst struggling not to procrastinate.
Procrastinate.
Sleep.

You could up your chair spinning fun and use one of these... Tongue

[Image: leaf-blower.gif?fit=480%2C270]

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 3 users Like jennybee's post
15-12-2015, 09:30 AM
(15-12-2015 09:28 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(14-12-2015 10:03 PM)bemore Wrote:  I have only just woken up, its 4 am here. I can tell you what I have planned for the day, if I achieve them is something different....

Finish surfing the web.
Breakfast.
Shower.
10 am go to my office.
Spin around in my office chair like a child.
See first client for weight loss.
Spin around in my office chair like an immature adult.
See my second client for smoking cessation.
Spin around in my office chair like a loon.
Record some hypnotherapy MP3's
Go home.
Eat.
Edit MP3's whilst struggling not to procrastinate.
Procrastinate.
Sleep.

You could up your chair spinning fun and use on of these... Tongue

I've got to try that. And my son too, it could keep him entertained for hours.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
15-12-2015, 09:32 AM
(15-12-2015 09:01 AM)yakherder Wrote:  I've been neglecting my French studies as I get immersed in researching the area around the property I just got and looking over more detailed maps of the area as we decide how we're going to build on it. From the property, if I follow the creek 200 meters to the northeast, there's a small lake. It's not on the property, but it's on public land but with no obvious public access, hidden from any roads, so I reckon it's probably vacant most of the time. If I follow the creek 800 meters to the southwest it feeds into a much larger lake, surrounded mostly by private houses but with a single public access park + boat launch. There is only one neighbor in the vicinity at this point, but the road seems fairly well maintained and is only about 15 minutes from a small town and even a tiny airport.

If I hike through the woods 8 km to the east, I end up in Rouge-Matawin Wildlife Reserve and and Mont Tremblant National Park.

My girlfriend, on the other hand, is more concerned about how she wants to landscape it. She's intent on getting some raspberry bushes going on top of the hill within the property, something we can easily get started on even if we don't end up building a house right away. I'm trying to convince her to let me create a property boundary using raspberry bushes, thereby creating a nature friendly "fence", not to mention a near endless supply of raspberries during the season. The place where I grew up had a similar setup with blackberry bushes Tongue It would probably take me a good 5 years to get something like that really going, but it would eventually be neat.

I'm jealous of the hiking Tongue

I like your gf's idea about the raspberry bushes--it would be a cool idea. Also fun for your kids to pick berries. I used to love doing that when I was little.

15-12-2015, 09:34 AM
(15-12-2015 09:30 AM)yakherder Wrote:  
(15-12-2015 09:28 AM)jennybee Wrote:  You could up your chair spinning fun and use on of these... Tongue

Oh, I would so do that now if I had a leaf blower and I wasn't sick Wink

15-12-2015, 10:19 AM
(15-12-2015 09:32 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(15-12-2015 09:01 AM)yakherder Wrote:  I've been neglecting my French studies as I get immersed in researching the area around the property I just got and looking over more detailed maps of the area as we decide how we're going to build on it. From the property, if I follow the creek 200 meters to the northeast, there's a small lake. It's not on the property, but it's on public land but with no obvious public access, hidden from any roads, so I reckon it's probably vacant most of the time. If I follow the creek 800 meters to the southwest it feeds into a much larger lake, surrounded mostly by private houses but with a single public access park + boat launch. There is only one neighbor in the vicinity at this point, but the road seems fairly well maintained and is only about 15 minutes from a small town and even a tiny airport.

If I hike through the woods 8 km to the east, I end up in Rouge-Matawin Wildlife Reserve and and Mont Tremblant National Park.

My girlfriend, on the other hand, is more concerned about how she wants to landscape it. She's intent on getting some raspberry bushes going on top of the hill within the property, something we can easily get started on even if we don't end up building a house right away. I'm trying to convince her to let me create a property boundary using raspberry bushes, thereby creating a nature friendly "fence", not to mention a near endless supply of raspberries during the season. The place where I grew up had a similar setup with blackberry bushes Tongue It would probably take me a good 5 years to get something like that really going, but it would eventually be neat.

I'm jealous of the hiking Tongue

I like your gf's idea about the raspberry bushes--it would be a cool idea. Also fun for your kids to pick berries. I used to love doing that when I was little.

I'm quite anxious at the idea of being able to just, like, walk out my front door and go on a hike to a wildlife reserve where they've apparently got 4 or 5 different packs of wolves roaming around. I used to love watching wolves in Alaska on those rare occasions I could get close enough. Or just go on a morning wilderness jog. The lake to the northeast is an ideal distance for a series of trail sprints and single lap swims. I'm getting way ahead of myself, though. It'll probably be a couple years before I do anything there besides camping on occasion and getting the process started when I have the time.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
15-12-2015, 10:29 AM
(15-12-2015 09:30 AM)yakherder Wrote:  
(15-12-2015 09:28 AM)jennybee Wrote:  You could up your chair spinning fun and use on of these... Tongue

And possibly a little nauseous. Rainbow Vomit

Well, yesterday I got alot done. Some bills paid and dealing with reimbursement from our health insurance company for my sinus surgery.

We took my daughter, who's transgender, and her friend who is transitioning, out to dinner. The friend is going through a lot of anguish because she hasn't told her parents yet and she's terrified that they will disown her and never speak to her again. The parents are conservative midwesterners. She's going to have to tell them soon, the hormones are beginning to change her face quite a bit.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
15-12-2015, 10:31 AM
(15-12-2015 10:19 AM)yakherder Wrote:  
(15-12-2015 09:32 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I'm jealous of the hiking Tongue

I'm quite anxious at the idea of being able to just, like, walk out my front door and go on a hike to a wildlife reserve where they've apparently got 4 or 5 different packs of wolves roaming around. I used to love watching wolves in Alaska on those rare occasions I could get close enough. Or just go on a morning wilderness jog. The lake to the northeast is an ideal distance for a series of trail sprints and single lap swims. I'm getting way ahead of myself, though. It'll probably be a couple years before I do anything there besides camping on occasion and getting the process started when I have the time.

Oh, it's great. That's why I moved here--to hike right outside my door. The house I really wanted was right next to the mountain--you would walk out your door and you were there literally. My ex refused to buy that property because of the potential wildlife being too close. He's not a nature person Tongue So we compromised on a house a lil further away. But I can still see the mountain every day and I can get there easily enough to hike with a lil bit of a walk.

15-12-2015, 10:38 AM
(15-12-2015 10:29 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(15-12-2015 09:30 AM)yakherder Wrote:  I've got to try that. And my son too, it could keep him entertained for hours.

And possibly a little nauseous. Rainbow Vomit

Well, yesterday I got alot done. Some bills paid and dealing with reimbursement from our health insurance company for my sinus surgery.

We took my daughter, who's transgender, and her friend who is transitioning, out to dinner. The friend is going through a lot of anguish because she hasn't told her parents yet and she's terrified that they will disown her and never speak to her again. The parents are conservative midwesterners. She's going to have to tell them soon, the hormones are beginning to change her face quite a bit.

I hope all goes well for your daughter's friend. Hug

[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
15-12-2015, 10:40 AM
(15-12-2015 10:31 AM)jennybee Wrote:  refused to buy that property because of the potential wildlife being too close.

Yeah... I can't even empathize with that view. I lost a few brain cells reading it Tongue

To me, hearing wolves howl as I go to sleep is damn near the most awesome thing in the world. Heck in that environment maybe she'll even be able to convince me to leave the military, currently the only outlet for my restlessness.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post