What did you do today?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-12-2015, 10:43 AM
RE: What did you do today?
(15-12-2015 10:40 AM)yakherder Wrote:  
(15-12-2015 10:31 AM)jennybee Wrote:  refused to buy that property because of the potential wildlife being too close.

Yeah... I can't even empathize with that view. I lost a few brain cells reading it Tongue

To me, hearing wolves howl as I go to sleep is damn near the most awesome thing in the world. Heck in that environment maybe she'll even be able to convince me to leave the military, currently the only outlet for my restlessness.

I hear coyotes howling here at night. It is very cool to be that close to nature.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-12-2015, 10:43 AM
(15-12-2015 10:29 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(15-12-2015 09:30 AM)yakherder Wrote:  I've got to try that. And my son too, it could keep him entertained for hours.

And possibly a little nauseous. Rainbow Vomit

Well, yesterday I got alot done. Some bills paid and dealing with reimbursement from our health insurance company for my sinus surgery.

We took my daughter, who's transgender, and her friend who is transitioning, out to dinner. The friend is going through a lot of anguish because she hasn't told her parents yet and she's terrified that they will disown her and never speak to her again. The parents are conservative midwesterners. She's going to have to tell them soon, the hormones are beginning to change her face quite a bit.

No real way to deal with that except to accept the very real possibility of having to live her life without her parents and just get it over with, hope for the best, and be prepared for the worst. An easier prospect to take in if you've got other support.

'Murican Canadian
15-12-2015, 10:48 AM
It rained yesterday, so I'm back to fixing the patio today.
It was in worse shape than I thought. Dodgy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-12-2015, 11:13 AM
I meant to post this last night. It's end of year, so my big projects are in a holding pattern until after the first of the year and a lot of people are out on vacation. This is the time of year that I do a lot cleaning, organizing, planning, and saw-sharpening. So, yesterday...

Walked the dogs in the fog/rain just at daybreak
Picked up the Christmas decor that was blown about by last nights storm
Got my girls up to get ready for school
Had chocolate covered donuts for breakfast with my girls
Dropped the girls off at school
Listened to a Dan Carlin podcast during my 45 minute commute to work
Had a cup of coffee and visited with my employees
Went to a meeting to try to convince another department to help me pay for some software
Checked TTA for any interesting new posts
Responded to a bunch of emails and returned phone calls
Accidentally answered the phone and had to hurt a vendor's feelings
Grabbed some lunch from the cafeteria and brought it back to my desk
Read a couple of tech articles, downloaded a couple of whitepapers for later
Surfed around TTA for a bit while I finished my lunch
Read a chapter of a book from my work reading list
Completed a couple of online year-end compliance courses
Approved some invoices and employee expense statements for payment
Followed up on a couple of projects on my team's long-term-projects list
Cleaned up my inbox
Reviewed my calendar for tomorrow
Walked around the office and chatted with a couple of the other managers
Listened to a Scientific America podcast on my 45 minutes commute home
Cooked supper
Studied geography with my oldest daughter
Paid some bills
Kicked off the El Capitan upgrade on my Macbook
Popped some popcorn, grabbed a beer and sat down to watch a couple of Big Bang Theory reruns with the family
Sent the girls to bed
Took the dogs out for an evening walk, enjoyed a beautiful, clear night sky
Crashed in bed next to the wife who was already unconscious from taking an antihistamine

Exciting, no?

I just wanted to let you know that I love you even though you aren't naked right now. Heart
[+] 3 users Like TurkeyBurner's post
15-12-2015, 11:23 AM
I wore a cow mask in work today. Each team in work had to do something christmasy. Someone decided that our team members should play characters from the nativity scene Dodgy

I was to dress up as a cow. I managed to find a nice mask in a fancy dress shop.

[Image: Sn1rLWd.png]

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
[+] 5 users Like Marozz's post
15-12-2015, 11:41 AM
(15-12-2015 11:23 AM)Marozz Wrote:  I wore a cow mask in work today. Each team in work had to do something christmasy. Someone decided that our team members should play characters from the nativity scene Dodgy

I was to dress up as a cow. I managed to find a nice mask in a fancy dress shop.

[img]http://i.imgu

That's creepily adorable Tongue

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
15-12-2015, 11:43 AM
Yesterday I was busy with stuff, grocery shopped, Christmas shopped, got a mani and pedi, dropped some food off for mother in law...came home kitchen is in shambles. Hubby's off this week and was cooking appetizers for Christmas.

We got a tree (finally) and now I have to vacuum the carpet again, but the house smells pretty.

Hiopefully it will be decorated sometime before the 24th. I hold little hope it will last much beyond that. Dodgy

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

15-12-2015, 02:03 PM
(15-12-2015 11:13 AM)TurkeyBurner Wrote:  Checked TTA for any interesting new posts

LIKE THIS ONE!!!!!! Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBanana_zorroBanana_zorroBanana_zorroLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadHeartHeartHeart Laugh out loadLaugh out load Woot!

(15-12-2015 11:13 AM)TurkeyBurner Wrote:  Exciting, no?

Yes. Shy
[+] 2 users Like LadyJane's post
15-12-2015, 03:00 PM
Walked 4.2 miles. Wrote a short flash fiction story, Took a nap. In that order.

DJ

Live Better...Help Often....Wonder More
[+] 1 user Likes OhDannyBoy's post
15-12-2015, 05:51 PM
(15-12-2015 10:43 AM)yakherder Wrote:  
(15-12-2015 10:29 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  And possibly a little nauseous. Rainbow Vomit

Well, yesterday I got alot done. Some bills paid and dealing with reimbursement from our health insurance company for my sinus surgery.

We took my daughter, who's transgender, and her friend who is transitioning, out to dinner. The friend is going through a lot of anguish because she hasn't told her parents yet and she's terrified that they will disown her and never speak to her again. The parents are conservative midwesterners. She's going to have to tell them soon, the hormones are beginning to change her face quite a bit.

No real way to deal with that except to accept the very real possibility of having to live her life without her parents and just get it over with, hope for the best, and be prepared for the worst. An easier prospect to take in if you've got other support.

When my daughter told me she was transgender several years ago, I'm not going to lie to you, it wasn't easy to accept even though I'm a pretty open minded person. Something like that really tests your mettle. But I knew for sure I wasn't ever going to disown her, she was going through enough of trauma as it was. I just needed some time to get used to the idea of my son being a daughter and a finally becoming much happier person. It's a process for everyone involved.

I can see the same deer in the headlight look on her friend's face as she knows she'll be confronting her parents with this news when she goes back to Indiana. I hope is goes well.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post